The online racing simulator
Athlon 64 4000+, 2 GB RAM and a X1650 here, runs superb, I have everything maxed out (my Yakumo TFTs native res is only 1280x1024) plus the Bloom Addon, even with a full grid it won't drop under 60 fps (its limited to 60hz anyway)
i run a AMD dual core overclocked from 2.2 to 2.5ghz, 2 gig ram,a xfx 8600gts graphics card and a 24" tft monitor, usually my fps is around 80-90 with 32 bit 1440x900 resolution at 75hz.

LFS isnt that hard to run i got a friend running it on a really ancient pc and its till playable

as for ffps i cant really tell the difference in 60 and 100fps i dont even think my eyes can see that fast
Its an age old argument but even if you cant tell the difference in general smoothness there will be times when that crucial extra frame (in braking zone or turn in or when wheel to wheel) that can make all the difference. I find the higher the FPS the easier it is to drive, especially with the highly responsive cars like BF1 and other formula cars where turn in response times are many times quicker than the road cars.
i said earlier, it has more to do with the latency between input at the wheel and output on the monitor than having lots of fps.

or do you think F1 drivers see a lot of things in front of them? or they are nice and comfy in there?
I totally agree with your first point george. Not sure what you mean in your second point...

Another problem is that in RL we dont see a strung together series of solid images, we interpret vision as a contantly changing interlaced image. Real eyesight could probably be approximated into something alot less than 100fps. Reality, however, is still more accurate as it is correct at any given point. When displaying in digital frames per second equally split up there will always be a period after the new frame that is inaccurate, and becomes increasingly inaccurate until the new frame appears, that could be viewed and misconstrued by the user. For this reason, more fps = less inaccurate information.
i think i've lost you. you either know a lot more than me about all this, or a lot less.

fps is no good if there is a delay.
it's the same notion between bandwidth and latency. 1Gbps won't do a lot of good if you have 100ms pings.

300fps won't do a lot of good if they are all delayed.
Are you talking about online lag? Obviously if you are online and someone is lagging, yes, there is nothing can be done by your computer about that.

If you arent talking about online lag what else could cause a frame delay if your fps is constantly high?

Im purely talking about how FPS affects someones ability to drive a car in a sim.
i said same notion not same thing.

everything introduces some delay.

the cogs in your wheel
the buffers in the usb controller
the buffers in the directinput software
the physics simulation
the rendering of a frame
the display of that frame on the monitor (tft delay + whatever else is there)

now do you understand where i am getting at?
Here's my specs...
I play everything maxed out apart from only 2x AA
Maxed AF, max res etc. Including his res skin pack.

Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2CPUE 4300 @ 1.80ghz
2GB DDR2 RAM
MSI GeForce 8600GT 256MB Overclocked PCI-E GDDR3
As i see it, LFS uses so much CPU power compared to GPU. I only upgraded my own cpu from an old 2.8 Ghz Pentium 4 to a C2D 2.4 ghz, and could set all settings to max right away (including aa/af)! Formerly i had low textures on, low level of detail on all elements, and of course no aa/af. Huge difference, only on the CPU (around 60 - 100 fps increase)!

The ballance between gpu and cpu became better with the last patch, but with the new and well performing graphic cards we have today, i think the developers could still make LFS more GPU thirsty
Hi my first pc with lfs was P4 2.8 , 2gb ram,nVidia 7600gt, lfs runs on @70-120 fps, now after long time and some work i got:
Intel® Core™2 Extreme processor X6800
GeForce 9800 GX2 --- 2 graphics card
XFX nForce 790i Motherboard
Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB Hard Drive SATAII *32MB Cache* -----X2
OCZ 4GB KIT (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1800Mhz PC3 14400 REAPER SERIES DUAL CHANNEL KIT
OCZ GameXStream 1010W PSU -
Zalman Reserator XT TITANIUM edition Hybrid Liquid Cooling system
LG Flatron L194WS 19 Wide LCD Monitor x3

LFS runs @250 fps all time (end of grid or front )all options set to max (AA.AF)

Internet from Virgin (25mb)speed
Hope this helps you make a choice or spend some $

#62 - Jakg
x6800 - old hat dual core.

DDR3 - fairly useless atm

Reserator XT - rubbish.

19" monitors - silly.

I'm sure it's very fast but unless you got it very very very cheap you will have been ripped off...
Whole think cost me less then 250 pounds.
#64 - Jakg
Then I take it all back seeing as virtually every component there on it's own probably retails for £250...

Good deal!
Thanks m8 ,but as you saying i will make new Pc so far got just case After so long time with lfs and all FPS games i knew what i need.
sow this pc will be for sale in short time (cheap)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG