The online racing simulator
Bikers: Just got my brand new Ducati 696!
(22 posts, started )
#1 - wark
Just came home from Beverly Hills Ducati with a new pearl white Monster 696. Needless to say, I'm absolutely thrilled. Best feeling bike in the whole store.

I'm glad I wound up with this bike. Very glad and very lucky, as it was a gift! Just the right amount of power, too, and no surprises (except how amazing it sounds in person).

I'm sure many here can relate to my excitement—it's like a new addition to the family—it's my baby! I believe having a bike that I treat like my [expensive] child will keep me safer as well.

I named it the Sausage Creature. Photos soon.

I didn't want to post this in the "I want to drag my knees" thread because it got hijacked.

Edit: Photos! Haven't Zaino'd it yet.
Attached images
L1020943.jpg
L1020935.jpg
L1020936.jpg
L1020938.jpg
Quote from wark :Just came home from Beverly Hills Ducati with a new pearl white Monster 696. Needless to say, I'm absolutely thrilled. Best feeling bike in the whole store.

I'm glad I wound up with this bike. Very glad and very lucky, as it was a gift! Just the right amount of power, too, and no surprises (except how amazing it sounds in person).

I'm sure many here can relate to my excitement—it's like a new addition to the family—it's my baby! I believe having a bike that I treat like my [expensive] child will keep me safer as well.

I named it the Sausage Creature. Photos soon.

I didn't want to post this in the "I want to drag my knees" thread because it got hijacked.

sounds nice and lucky lol
howed u get it as a gift
Very lucky indeed. I've always been fond of the Monsters.

Not too keen on the Triumph Speed Triple-esque high up twin end cans like than, much prefer the previous Monster with the shotgun cans.

Very nice bike, and I hope you enjoy it. Can't wait to see some photos of the beaut.
#4 - wark
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :sounds nice and lucky lol
howed u get it as a gift

Birthday gift from a very generous father. He used to work for Lamborghini in Bologna, and thus is a naturalized Ducati enthusiast.

Quote from beefyman666 :Very lucky indeed. I've always been fond of the Monsters.

Not too keen on the Triumph Speed Triple-esque high up twin end cans like than, much prefer the previous Monster with the shotgun cans.

Very nice bike, and I hope you enjoy it. Can't wait to see some photos of the beaut.

Thanks—I hope I will get to enjoy it for many years!

The exhausts were my least-liked part of the bike when I first set eyes on it, but they are quickly growing on me. Maybe these things just look better in person, or maybe it's a butt only an owner could love.
#5 - JJ72
Quote from wark :Birthday gift from a very generous father. He used to work for Lamborghini in Bologna, and thus is a naturalized Ducati enthusiast.

Lucky rich kid.

You're now on my hate list.
Hey Wark, are you now going to ride it for a week and throw it away and announce that you are now getting a Lamborghini?

Oh wait, that would be harjun, sorry, I was thinking the wrong user name here

Quote from JJ72 :Lucky rich kid.

You're now on my hate list.

Yeah, so he's a lucky rich kid. It isn't his fault. It's not like he comes on the forum every other day about all the expensive toys daddy buys him.

It's only the immature kids who do that. I believe Wark is only ultra excited and the excitement was also boosted from Dygear's motorcycle thread (that was Dygear's thread, I think...)

Good luck with it, wark. Remember, keep it rubber side down. It's quite a "monster" of a bike, so keep in mind the thread posted about the kid in the BMW a while back.
#7 - wark
Respect! The bikers here have been a great influence ever since the RSC days back when I was 15. Now it's time to apply that same respect to/with my own machine.
To make up for the ugly end can positioning, get a pair of Termignoni's and wake the neighbourhood up!
do A Farkin Burnnnooouuuuuutttttttt
Quote from Klutch :do A Farkin Burnnnooouuuuuutttttttt

Only idiots do that and it's also a waste of rubber and money, but I suppose he's got cash to waste on fresh ruber.

Nice bike Wark.

The exhausts do look ugly, I'm not keen on the headlight unit either.

Are the reflectors on the forks a legal thing, or can you get rid of them?
No better way to send out that old rubber when you're getting new stuff

And everyone needs to do burnouts to break a new car/bike in :>
#12 - wark
Quote from LineR32 :Are the reflectors on the forks a legal thing, or can you get rid of them?

Not sure. I've only read about rear reflectors. They appear to just be stickered on with that double-sided foam tape. While I am tempted to just peel them off, they must have been put there for a reason, right? Tiny bit of reflection vs. tiny bit of aero, weight & looks.

Also wondering about those stickers on the tube frame (tire pressures, &c.) probably going to go before I detail it, but not if they're like those cursed airbag warnings they put next to cars' vanity mirrors.

Either way, I'm in no rush to un-stockify the bike.

Edit: Among those stickers is the VIN... somehow I doubt you're supposed to remove them ;o
Sweet bike. You can pretend to be Lara croft lol. She had a monster in tombraider legend. I would have a monster if i was having a bike.

oh jesus... that looks really good
Very, VERY nice, I do love monsters.

Mind you, anything thats an Italian V-twin is cool with me!!!

Enjoy it, and stay safe, and get some Termignoni's on that bad boy ASAP!!!!
Nice rolling burnout mate, just watch out for teh Fuzz
That's a nice bike The exhausts do take some getting used to.

As for the reflectors on the fork, I would leave them on. It really improves your visibility from the side for other road users, and they aren't even ugly or anything.

Take care of the bike, and keep it on the black stuff!
Nice Bike, although don't Ducati's have a lot of electrical problems?
Don't forget to follow the motor break in guide: Linky.
That is a stylish bike man. I like it. Be careful on the roads and have fun.
Cheers
#22 - wark
Quote from sam93 :Nice Bike, although don't Ducati's have a lot of electrical problems?

I'll let you know.

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Don't forget to follow the motor break in guide: Linky.

Thanks for the link. The dealer said to "ride it how I wanted to; just change the gears around on the highways." In that case, I guess it wouldn't hurt anything if I rode it like Mr. Moto here recommends... but I'm still researching the subject of engine break-in. Not going to take one admittedly controversial, cheaply designed, exclamation point whore's website as gospel truth applicable to every make and model of engine. I mean—do lubricant companies have anything to lose by recommending earlier oil changes? so why don't they?

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG