The online racing simulator
LYTe - layout editor
(189 posts, started )
Well, as I described, the essential issue is not one of documentation. I CAN save the file. I just can't use it for anything, since LYTe apparently does not recognize its existence, after having saved it; I just get a file on my harddisk, but no group object that LYTe can access and place in the scenery, which seems to have been the point of this feature.

Anyway, I shall eagerly anticipate further development of this otherwise welcome and useful program. Thanks.

David
Quote from Stuff :Bah! I never did implement that pack feature correctly. Or at least when I wrote the documentation I wasn't thinking clearly. Whatever the case, the file dialog is correct and the doc is wrong. Use (AU/BL)_(name).pack. Eg: "AU_bale_corner.pack", when saving.

The current VB6 version is in no doubt need of an update but I may not get to it since now I'm doing it all over in C++/OpenGL. All tracks should be supported in that one along with undo, curves, autox manager via InSim, etc.. Stand by..

Sounds awesome cant wait
OH! I forgot to mention to save the .pack files in a folder called packs along side the other folders. backgrounds, lang and objects. After that they should show up. Lack of documentation I guess! Well, its vaguely under Structure in there. Maybe lack of good documentation if anything..
OK; that works. Very cool. Thank you.

David
Bug report -- "unexpected error!?"
Connect to solo2,k9k.net server and save the layout. When you try to open it in Lyte, it brings up an "unexpected error!?" in the header of the file.
I have a similar problem to Murray...

I made this layout before patch Y came out, edited it online after Y and saved it online, now when I try to open it in LYTe I get this error... (see attachment)... it's not a major problem I just thought you'd like to know.

Great tool btw...
Attached images
LYTe.jpg
Great tool, I also get the unexpected error. For some reason I can only open a select few layouts in LYTE. I have one track that has a start, finish, and all the objects are alinged properly. I can't open it. I have another track that is the same, but I can open it. (all tracks are on AU1)

It's it a random bug or does it have something to do with the number of objects, ect.

Lol, can you give us any hints as to when the new version will be out and if it will have the ability to make circles?
#83 - 5haz
Im sort of new to LYTe, i wonder what this 'packs function' is, i can see from the readme that it is not fully implemented, i just wonder what it does?

Does it allow objects to be made into groups so that massive groups of objects can become on and so making the object limit irrelevant?

Id love to see that happen soon, currently im making a layout but have reached 500 objects

Awesome work, miles more user friendly than the in game ditor, and it allows overllaping objects, which is also nice.

Joe
The packs don't give you a way to bypass the LFS object limits. They allow you to define a group of objects and to manipulate them as a single entity -- makes editing much simpler.
yah, so if I make 1 salman marker (one banner, two tyres, and a cone) I can add them all to a pack and then just drag it out as one object
So I got a new computer and reinstalled LFS S2 Alpha 0.5V.

Now when I run the Layout editor, when I try to open up a layout, I get this header error message.

what's the problem?
Quote from m_dudey :So I got a new computer and reinstalled LFS S2 Alpha 0.5V.

Now when I run the Layout editor, when I try to open up a layout, I get this header error message.

what's the problem?

Its a patch Y layout.

Doesn't work
well Lfs is now to PAtch 0.5Y

maybe thats why
I just checked again. I actually have LFS S2 Alpha 0.5Y. The Y just kind of looks like a V. So... I still get the error.
The current version only works with layouts < Y. The changes to Blackwood upped the version number in the layout header and since LYTe checks that you get: - ERROR! If it didn't the placement of Blackwood objects would be screwed up. Autocross is still OK though.

Give me a week or so and I will release one more VB6 version with Blackwood removed or.. fixed? (and a few other tweaks).
After that it will be all 3D, smx and maybe InSim management. That will be a while so..

Hi all!!!
Hey Stuff, i made a spanish language for you

Bye
(sorry 4 my bad englishhhh)
Thanks! Gracias too! I will add it to the next release.
Any chance of getting an update that just corrects working with the current version of LFS without any other changes/enhancements? Auto cross season has started (here in the USA) and I'd love to try my hand at making some courses.
hey,

are there any news conceirning the new LYTe release for LFS Y?
could you tell us what features you are going to add to the next version of LYTe ?
Quote from dragon13 :could you tell us what features you are going to add to the next version of LYTe ?

a better question is there any approximate release date time?
Any news with new release?

I can create a layout and use in LFS, but if I save with LFS, can't to open with LYTe
Please add support for ALL Tracks.

Sorry, my bad!

LYTe - layout editor
(189 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG