LYTe - layout editor
(189 posts, started )
Demo racers don't have access to the autocross editor, so this isn't of much use to you.
Any update ? Is the work going on
This is a great tool! I like Auto-X but using the built-in methods within LFS, it's a chore and a half to create layouts so never really bothered, but this is much more usable to me.. thanks dude!

Regards,

Ian
any news about this program ?
Hellos, sorry I've been away and haven't responded in a while. This week was a nightmare.. (deal to sell my ol' Nissan went south )

Anyway, for LYTe's status, probably going to release a small update next week as a final VB6 version then continue working on the C++ version and release that when its done.

In the meantime, any more features anyone can think of? Besides curves, speed, more tracks supported and connect to InSim? I say InSim because I hope to implement it as a "layout race watcher" kinda like LFS spectator/race manager thing... Also I want to implement a "remote layout browser" that would connect to sites like LFS DB, dwlayouts, etc and allow you to browse, download and maybe upload layouts. And! maybe even some type of game system the people on the layout could play. Obstacle course, soccer (football), etc. So if all goes well, LYTe could be a whole auto x manager and not just an editor. Good stuff, if only I can get more time to design and implement all of it nicely..
meaby an option to test the layout in LYte instead of having to run lfs :ices_rofl
that watcher thing would be awsome. so people can race on autocross and see where there is a wreck during normal races there!
#33 - Vain
The is pretty much off the wall but:
The ability to replay specific sounds locally when specific lines are crossed. In other words: A digital copilot for our autocross-stages.

I use the autocross-feature exclusively to make rally-like stages, so it's natural I would like such a feature.

Vain
i am not sure or stupid, but is there a UNDO-function???

also all standard cntr+ functions as:
control+c = copy an object or group
control+v = paste an object or group

shift+move = the object moves either horizontal or vertical on a straight line

rotating a group of objects in 1° steps

+10° when right-clicking the degreebutton

i like the object line tool though, there should be an option how far the objects are devided by each other
one more thing: control+0 zooms to a predefined zoom stage
nice little programm

i would like to see an function which allows you to import a photo or some vector file of a track and then you can easily copy/trace the circuit layout.
what do you think?

edit:
never mind. i just changed the background
sorry if im being stupid but were do i download this? lol
In the first post of this thread surely!?!
yes but it didnt work i willl try again!
Can you tell me where I can download the ramps that I have seen many a-time?
The ramps are part of LFS, but only useable at Blackwood.
Quote from Bob Smith :The ramps are part of LFS, but only useable at Blackwood.

Thanks lol you just answerd the question i was just about to ask! lol thanks!
Thank you very much, but how can I access them in the game?
when you have opened up your own server etc.. then you presss shift + U then it comes up with the editor then in the top right you should see marhals, chalk etc..find objects then at the bottom of the list it should say ramp! and there you go!
along with ctrl c, ctrl v, and undo, the only thing i think it really needs is the ability to draw circles.

forget about spline style photoshop lines, if we had circles, we could make our own.

thanks for the great program
what name did you give your layout ?

it needs to be some thing like this:
AU1_name-of-the-layout.lyt
for autocross layout
its ok now , now i can save layout whit no problem
now i have new problem ! " maximum object count reached, cannot add " !!
can i change my setting , to have options to add more objects ??
nope
lfs has a limit of 512 object you cant change that
Hey! Long time no updates.. Instead of explaining why I haven't been around for a while, I'll just get to it. This version, 0.5.0.4 has quite a few updates. Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V (no undo yet, that's next), language files, cfg instead of ini, tiny graphic tweaks and a ton of rewriting. Full details and the download are on the first post.

For the future of LYTe.. I've been learning more and more C++ and OpenGL everyday so expect in the next versions (0.6.0.0+) for one hell of an update. That is, of course, if freaking reality doesn't step in and interrupt me. Will keep ya posted.

And of course, thanks for the interest and advice with everything.

LYTe - layout editor
(189 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG