new player servers?
(21 posts, started )
new player servers?
are there any new player servers that are for RACING ONLY? i was in cone dodgers 1 server and for the fist few hours it was good racing. wen i got blue flags i would pull to the side of the road and let them pass. some of the cone dodgers team even thanked me wen i let them by. but later in the day there was less people in the server and i was rammed by one guy for no reason. he told me he thought i was a threat to him. then he told me i was a noob and to go play single player or cruise, and kicked me from the server. i can not stand the cruise servers and think they are a waste of time(my oppinion dont flame me). so i want to know if there are any new player servers that are RACING only with s2 cars.
I'd go on CTRA if I were you. I'm sorry, but a large number of conedodgers members are like uber l33t people who think they're always right.

Its not just this, I've heard of other times when people have been unfairly kicked or banned. Ramming you because "they thought you were a threat to them" is just rediculous.

Live, 'on the spot' adminning can work, the FM team do a good job of it. However, someone needs to give the certain CD members a good kick up the pants and a lesson on how to admin a public race properly
Do bear in mind, though, that the CTRA Race 1 server is solely XFG/XRG. That's something completely different from the CD GTR class.

In CTRA you will progress to higher licenses over time, enabling you to race the GTR class on CTRA Race 3, but that will take quite some time, depending on how good of a driver you are.
ok thanks! i'll try the ctra server and see how that is tonight wen i get home.
i dont know why but wen i was in the ctra server my cer dident want to maneuver at all. i was driving an xfg and i would do the exact same thing as the guy infront of me and my car would fly off track. and wenever i lightly tapped a wall it would shoot me off to the moon. i dont think this is lag because i have a verry fast computer and fastest internet i can get.
Was it a red and/or white barrier? They have dodgy physics, and will shoot you into the air at the slightest tap...

As for the speed thing, ask a fast racer for a setup. Then you can see if it's your driving that's making you fly off, or your old setup
i'll try to get a setup from someone thanks. and it is bariers are shooting me off but not red/whie ones.
Oh the joys of the infamous "bouncy barriers"

EDIT

Fixed the bbcode thing so picture is up! thanks to tomba (fin) for helping me with it!
Attached images
BARRIERS ARE DISGUSTING!.jpg
Quote from DAG00BER :are there any new player servers that are for RACING ONLY? i was in cone dodgers 1 server and for the fist few hours it was good racing. wen i got blue flags i would pull to the side of the road and let them pass. some of the cone dodgers team even thanked me wen i let them by. but later in the day there was less people in the server and i was rammed by one guy for no reason. he told me he thought i was a threat to him. then he told me i was a noob and to go play single player or cruise, and kicked me from the server. i can not stand the cruise servers and think they are a waste of time(my oppinion dont flame me). so i want to know if there are any new player servers that are RACING only with s2 cars.

Just so you are aware, we log all chat on CD servers

Here is the section (Stuff not involved removed)

^sDAGOOBER^d : F**K SORRYYY
/msg ^sDAGOOBER^d Kicked for Swearing
^sDAGOOBER^d Kicked for Swearing
/kick dag00ber
NR™^JÏicky voted to ban ^sDAGOOBER^d (dag00ber) [1/7] (press 1)
/msg Great 1st split (0.44.91) by Riddi GER (FXR) !
Great 1st split (0.44.91) by Riddi GER (FXR) !
®Ricou voted to ban ^sDAGOOBER^d (dag00ber) [2/7] (press 1)
^sDAGOOBER^d : dam u ran into me u azz
Vote cancelled
NR™^JÏicky : /DAGOOBER\ - blue flag
NR™^JÏicky voted to ban ^sDAGOOBER^d (dag00ber) [1/7] (press 1)
^sDAGOOBER^d pitted
^sDAGOOBER^d left the pits (FZR)
^sDAGOOBER^d : u rammed me fool
Cordier disconnected
®Ricou voted to ban ^sDAGOOBER^d (dag00ber) [2/7] (press 1)
NR™^JÏicky : /DAGOOBER\ - let me pass
NR™^JÏicky : idiot
NR™^JÏicky : /DAGOOBER\ - it s a race,not cruise
^sDAGOOBER^d : cruise is gay
NR™^JÏicky voted to kick ^sDAGOOBER^d (dag00ber) [1/7] (press 1)
®Ricou voted to kick ^sDAGOOBER^d (dag00ber) [2/7] (press 1)
Grapefruit voted to kick ^sDAGOOBER^d (dag00ber) [3/7] (press 1)
^sDAGOOBER^d : fukin a how did i?
NR™^JÏicky : ban
[CD] Hex voted to kick ^sDAGOOBER^d (dag00ber) [4/7] (press 1)
^r=) voted to kick ^sDAGOOBER^d (dag00ber) [5/7] (press 1)
SRTScarfi voted to kick ^sDAGOOBER^d (dag00ber) [6/7] (press 1)
^sDAGOOBER^d : fuk you are twats
®Ricou : Go practice, you're a begginer.
^sDAGOOBER^d was kicked

Also at that time your fastest times were
XRR 2:46
FXR 2.00
FZR 2.00 (Your first 4 laps were 10:00 plus)

Firstly CD people did nothing at all to you but am sure you will understand at some point its easier to kick someone that let this crap go on
Hey man, if this is how you act, then stay away from CTRA servers, because the guys there don't put up with kids acting like idiots.
Quote from JO53PHS :I'd go on CTRA if I were you. I'm sorry, but a large number of conedodgers members are like uber l33t people who think they're always right.

Its not just this, I've heard of other times when people have been unfairly kicked or banned. Ramming you because "they thought you were a threat to them" is just rediculous.

Live, 'on the spot' adminning can work, the FM team do a good job of it. However, someone needs to give the certain CD members a good kick up the pants and a lesson on how to admin a public race properly

Its rubbish like your post that make people want to supply servers for the community to use.

We look into EVERY complaint but remember what we do on our servers is up to us

Also as you can see from the post above it was nothing whatsoever to do with CD, we have voting allowed on our servers and 99% of bans are votes.

CD bans are all recorded in our ban database so we can tell who banned who.
Just my opinion...
Quote from JO53PHS :Just my opinion...

An opinion using no facts whatsoever, makes you look silly.

If you like the CTRA best, and serveral CD members also like the CTRA, thats fine. The CTRA is a great set of servers and some fantastic programming but please do not flame other servers when you have little real idea what you are talking about.

If you dont like a server, dont use it.

I have run CD for almost 3 years and we are very fair.

The guy who started this post would have been banned for 12 hours if i had been on the servers, and that would have been fair.
Erm, putting all the arguements etc to one side for the moment and getting back to the original topic.

I remember back in the CS days, where UK2 ran a series of Beginner servers.
If you got over 12 kills, or 4 in one round you were booted for not being a n00b. It was great for scout praccy, you just had to remember to rejoin every now and then

Could the same sort of thing be done in LFS ?
Maybe booting people who win x races in a row, or set a fastest lap quicker than x.xx ?

It could encourage newbies to learn close/clean racing, as everyone on the server *should* be at about the same level.
Quote from birder :An opinion using no facts whatsoever, makes you look silly.

If you like the CTRA best, and serveral CD members also like the CTRA, thats fine. The CTRA is a great set of servers and some fantastic programming but please do not flame other servers when you have little real idea what you are talking about.

If you dont like a server, dont use it.

I have run CD for almost 3 years and we are very fair.

The guy who started this post would have been banned for 12 hours if i had been on the servers, and that would have been fair.

Good. I look silly. I also can't be bothered to argue any further. Thankyou.
Ahhh, those were the days. Easy frags on the UK2 Beginner Servers... The Pistols Only servers were also among my favorite servers. Deagle ftw

Rather than kicking people off the server I'd implement some sort of handicapping system for people who win more races. For example, reversing the grid at the start of the race. For a beginner, starting from the back should already be pretty challenging to try and win a race. Booting people off won't do much good, I think.
Quote from danthebangerboy :
It seems this forum doesnt accept BBcode, which is strange and pointless, Every other forum i use accepts BBcode and the tags work ok????

Accept them from your user settings..
Ahh, i didnt realise there was an option to do that, thanks!

About the reverse grid thing, it is a good idea, and is used in some motor racing formulas. but it may also have a down side in LFS for newcomers though. Just imagine it, someone gets lfs S2, wants to get out there racing online, and then in his first race, has lots of cars right behind him that are all going to be quicker and more experienced. When i first started on lfs, i always prayed i would end up at the back, well out of harms way, this is because i didnt know how the hell to drive in LFS, the last thing i would have wanted was having to try and negotiate braking, cornering and holding a constant line and keeping the car under perfect control at the first corner with x amount of cars trying to pass me on both sides. I know if this had been the case, then i would have 100% completely ballsed it up caused a huge pile up and upset everyone through no fault of my own.
Well after all i will say i was in cone dodgers server too some time in 2007 ,whats happen i did get ban for no any reason ,some crap admin told me i call one blue flag ?hm its that crime?Well good luck to them and let them play they own rules ,any good or not driver will get on some track anyway.
if you read the first post, i did not say that it was any cone dodgers members. i was saying it all went to sheit after they left. the laps from before were 10 minuites bacause i was pulling to the side of the track for blue and usually getting damage or stuck in the sand and pitting. what happened was there was a guy behind me from the pits (had no room to let by where i was in the pits and thats wen he was telling me to move) and i was moved to the side of the track out of the pits to let a nother guy passing by fast by and to let the guy telling me to move by. that is when the guy from the pits rammed me and told me he "thought i was a threat" (wich you dident show in the chat history). at that point i was verry mad and let my anger get the better of me and started yelling at him.

new player servers?
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG