The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Round 2 Pre-Race Discussion
UF1 @ Fern Bay Club

30 laps

This should be another close one, as the UF1 is renowned for providing close racing. Luckily, there's only one corner where we might see lots of people rolling onto their roofs

The ballast system will also play its part - travis' ballast will cost him about 0.5 seconds a lap I think - and it's not even the most he could have had - if this race was later in the season then he might have had 36kg ballast

So hows the practice going?
I don't think we'll have that much rolling. If it was a UFBR race then I'd be saying scrap the racing and have a most-epic-rolling competition, judged by me, the king of rolling.
Please, can you post here some explications about your ballast system? I want to know how it works
I wouldn't mind a learning a bit about it too.
#5 - J@tko
OK, then I will.

Basically, there are 2 factors that decide the amount of ballast you have:
  1. Your position in the last race
  2. Your overall championship position (from R3 onwards)
ATM (this may change, though it seems about right to me), 1st place in either of the above gets you 3% ballast, 2nd 2.5%, 3rd 2% e.t.c.

So, the maximum amount of ballast you can have (by leading the championship and winning the last race) is 6% of the car's unladen mass.

I've used % rather than a set mass as the cars we use are different.

e.g if the winning ballast was, say 50kg, it would have a different effect in different cars. In an RB4, it wouldnt make that much difference as its a tank already, but 50kg in an FBM would cost you alot of time
Would anyone be willing to give me a setup for the next race, I only have a qualifying setup that I got from setupgrid
I've got no idea wheather this was the right set but I'll find out later...
Attached files
UF1_fe1_.set - 132 B - 866 views
Just to let you know if u want to warm up or anything your welcome on our team server when we have the track and uf1 and 30 laps up. Server is called DecalWareRacing
#9 - J@tko
Quote from faster111 :Just to let you know if u want to warm up or anything your welcome on our team server when we have the track and uf1 and 30 laps up. Server is called DecalWareRacing

Ty.

Seeing as [hint] none of the FRO servers are on the right combo atm! [/hint]
np happy to help.
Quote from Mike Bingo :Would anyone be willing to give me a setup for the next race, I only have a qualifying setup that I got from setupgrid

What's so bad about that setup? I've tested it on FE1 for 30 laps it seemed to work out okay for me (consistent lap times from lap 1 to 30).
DecalWareRacing server is set to 30 laps and fernbay club feel free to come online.
Quote from hyntty :I've got no idea wheather this was the right set but I'll find out later...

Thanks man.

I managed to run 20 laps practise no problem with the qualifying set but I'm having a bit of trouble braking into turn 4 using the qualifying set.
Is the back of the car stepping out? If you're using a wheel + pedals it might help to not push the brake pedal down so much.
Yeah I'm using a wheel and I'm not mashing the pedal anywhere near as much as I would but I touch the pedal and the back end starts to get away from me a bit unless I line the car the car up for it through turn 3.
If you're just touching it, do you really need to brake at all? Would just letting off the accelerator do it?
My new pb at min is 0:56:78 is that good or bad?
Keep practicing.
I am doing.
I'm consistantly running around the 0:55.60 mark once I get the heat into the tyres

Is anyone up for a bit of practise or know of a server where I can go practise against real opposition?
I would give you a server (to practice on, not to keep) if I could fart one up.

EDIT: FRO|FORMULARACING|CART is teh server
Quote from hyntty :I would give you a server (to practice on, not to keep) if I could fart one up.

Try eating your burnt tuna sandwich - you might get some wind then
Dammit I didn't makwe enough sandwiches, now I'm still hungry. And when I'm hungry I can't think straight. Or atleast be in a good enough mood to ask the FM guys for a server.

EDIT: fro|formularacing|cart is set to the combo
Quote from Mike Bingo :I'm consistantly running around the 0:55.60 mark once I get the heat into the tyres

Is anyone up for a bit of practise or know of a server where I can go practise against real opposition?

What lap do u get your tyres heated up?
Everything is normally warmed up after lap 2
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG