The online racing simulator
Quote from arrechee :Yeah de lap is good lap but no top worked.I lost a 6x split 2,but no more try...anyway try to beat again FE1 XRG..you say it very easy to beat...why are you waiting?its easy to win the current wr...less talk an more racing.Sure nobody eat actually wr by 0.3...

No, when blackman had it it was a 50.1. What I was saying was his lap was easy to beat. My point is that BB beat it, but it wasn't the best lap, and with approx. the same amount of time if not more that you spent on beating his lap, it was only by 0.02. I'm just saying that it's more even now, and the fact is that hotlaps will be more exciting, because good drivers like yourself, worm, BB (although rarely hotlaps) etc etc, can have better/closer battles, rather than someone coming along and creating a lap *near* impossible to beat with an AC.

Also the laps you chose to beat, weren't the 'fastest' of all hotlaps tbh. And since the charts are still a little "green", not every wr is hard to beat. some you can beat in a lap, others you need to practise a little. As for me, I don't have the patience to be a hotlapper. If I don't get the WR within 20mins or so I go find something else more entertaining to do..

EDIT: just took a look at BB's new SO long rev LX6 lap = LOL! Still a shit lap too Bagbag. do better ffs you noob!
Quote from [DUcK] :Also the laps you chose to beat, weren't the 'fastest' of all hotlaps tbh. And since the charts are still a little "green", not every wr is hard to beat.

Are we missing the point maybe?

The community started discussing about the use of a macro for clutch button. Eventually it seems that "unfair" is the most correct word to describe it. Meanwhile some people accused some drivers of beating WR's because of the macro. Some people indeed tried to point at spanish community as a bunch of cheaters, but I'm not giving them any attention, I think we're far above that acuse-without-proves shit

As I know arrechee doesn't read LFS-Forum and I know he's a fair sportsman, I wanted to warn him for being accused and so he has the chance to speak in his name. And not only he'd never used the macro, he'd demonstrated he can beat WR's using AC (although in this thread -at least before arrechee comes- no one complains about manual clutch button :shrug, but now it seems that he can beat it because the current WR's are not top end and because he chooses easy combos :uglyhamme
It had nothing to do with where they were from, Rocks. If it was a bunch of Aussie's doing it, then I'm sure Australia would have been branded as a 'cheating' country, but since it was mainly Spainiards doing it, that's why you guys got branded for it, nothing against the country. I'm sure arrechee is a fair sportsman, I've not seen him drive so I wouldn't know.
As for beating 'easy' combo's, I'm not saying they are easy, but since you guys are saying he's such a natural and how good he is, it would be assumed he could beat any WR without using any cheat/exploit.
As for no-one complaining about button clutch...I'm fairly sure everyone was complaining about BC for a LONG time now. This thread is only about 5 years too late
Quote from RocksGt :he'd demonstrated he can beat WR's using AC

Well, there is no sense in that sentence coz currently there are some WR than you can beat in one lap....
The good experience will be to show to arreche on a track where he has made a really good time with AC than it s possible to do better than him with the macro.
Quote from [DUcK] :It had nothing to do with where they were from, Rocks. If it was a bunch of Aussie's doing it, then I'm sure Australia would have been branded as a 'cheating' country, but since it was mainly Spainiards doing it, that's why you guys got branded for it, nothing against the country. I'm sure arrechee is a fair sportsman, I've not seen him drive so I wouldn't know.

I will quote some things that were said about spanish racers at this thread, then you can see if there's a little flame against us or not

Quote from arco :I can think of a few others as well. Also from Spain go figure...

Quote from tiagolapa :Its not surprise your are spanish and of course friend of the cheaters. Maybe you are one to..

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I rekon we should invade a combo the spanish communtiy have gone after get all the top drivers to beat them and drown them out...

Quote from aceracer :Since Spanish drivers were singled out here, maybe an attempt to at least propose an explanation.

Quote from Biohazard :aceracer is the first spaniard actually posting something useful in this thread.

Quote from Rudy van Buren :ive been folowing this topic since the start and im suprised that even after this topic where its pretty clear you cant call it a cheat but it sertainly is, that som spanish guys keep using it comon find a life do it fair or not

yesterday again ky2r LX6 from daveWS was realy good, then the spanish guys com with this macro bullshit and just get 0.8 sec off it unfair $%#%$%....

Quote from SamH :Seems the majority of people who ARE using this macro (and seem in some way to be doing it to SPITE the wider community now) are Spanish, but in fact that's largely irrelevent - though I'm sure you can see how it seems relevent, since people naturally generalise because "general" things are easier to conceive in the mind's eye. I'm glad to hear you point out that it isn't "the spanish community" as a body/group. Perhaps there is something you can do within the spanish community to encourage these people to reassess their practice?

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :If we are going to generalise then I would say that in general, most Spanish people on public servers fall off the track more often than people from the other nations, so the only thing this macro cheat will do is take them to their next accident that little bit faster.

Quote from BlueFlame :Is it just me, or are all you spanish cheaters friends with each other? Do all Spanish cheat? Or do all Spanish people know other Spaniards??

Quote from BlueFlame :You should see it on FPS games too, No wonder why .es has almost no pro gamer teams. Because at the LAN's obviously they can't use their Wallhacks when people can see them doing it.

Anyway. I would want to resume in this post what I've been saying through the thread:

- There are two big LFS communities at Spain. Liga Internacional LFS and LFS-Spain. I can only speak as member of the last one. A senior member but only a member, I'm not related to admin staff although I know them (as well as many of league members also at person, as we have made some meetings).

- As far as I know there are three racers at LFS-Spain using button-clutch: arrechee, Zanini and -M-. arrechee and -M- doesn't use the macro thing so calling them cheaters it's the same as calling cheaters the mouse users, people using less than 720º, or people using AC when they have a G25

- pecholobo and Aitorr don't participate at LFS-Spain, so I can't say anything about them but I wouldn't want people blaming LFS-Spain community for people who is not related to us

- No one have listed spanish button clutch users to stating that we are the majority of button clutch users out there, so that argument is void.

I don't have any problem with anyone in here, but I don't want you to have a false image of our community
Quote from arco :
[snip]
Waiting for arrechee to beat it with 0.4s (using AC).... :eclipseeh
Lol!

Well, it happened... the other way around (an itching penis can yield to the job get done after all )
Well it won't last long as arrechee will be hotlapping that combo non stop until he beats it and we all know that, BB hasn't got the patience to hotlap. About my quote, if some of the spanish community want to upload cheated/unfair hotlaps then we should all drown them out and i stick with that, thats my personal opinion and im sticking with it. I think it was a fair comment.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :About my quote, if some of the spanish community want to upload cheated/unfair hotlaps then we should all drown them out and i stick with that, thats my personal opinion and im sticking with it. I think it was a fair comment.

Are button clutch hotlaps cheatd or unfair ones? If you think so then blame Scawen for allowing that as an option and not warning in-game that that feature is unfair and you should use AC if you don't have a clutch pedal

And don't forget to drawn everyone out there using button clutch, not only the three spanish racers
Quote from -M- :So changing driver position is also a cheat? What about warming tyres or hotlapping with less than 50% fuel?

do you know that irl when drive on the right or on the left it is not the same? (talking about fov, changing gear with the other hand) The 'tire' view is a big cheat imo, or at least for those who exploit this feature and gain a very unfair advantage compare to those who would have to completly re-learn how to drive with a totally different fov.

Warming tires sucks to do hotlapping, I agree, we should have the option to warm them up in aim to avoid those stupid drift to begin the lap.

About the fuel, I don't get the point, maybe you want to see some people hotlapping for hours in a single replay to do laps with an empty tank ...
Quote from RocksGt :Are button clutch hotlaps cheatd or unfair ones? If you think so then blame Scawen for allowing that as an option and not warning in-game that that feature is unfair and you should use AC if you don't have a clutch pedal

And don't forget to drawn everyone out there using button clutch, not only the three spanish racers

IMO, they are just unfair because its an option IN-GAME, i wasn't talking about just dorwing out spanish BC and macro users, i meant drown them out on general no matter what nationality they are, but i genrealised the spanish as at the time when this was mentioned to me i only saw about 5 spanish guys using it so i generalised it to them.
But...Scawen and company why not deleted yet the CB options???...a long time with this option and no solutions....

Anyway is a great excuse to accuse cheating and say tah is used macro and is very diferent.

Anyway i would like tah would requiere use AC and start working really hard a combination to see who is stronger.I can also say the people of this forum is cheating by using a FF and i do not have FF or use a wheels view or external view.
BTW, I don't know how that macro works, but if it works like AC (you just change the gears, and don't need to push clutch), than it's certainly unfair.
If you don't want to control clutch, you should use AC. If you want to control clutch, than control it. That's what is "fair" for me.
Quote :
If you don't want to control clutch, you should use AC. If you want to control clutch, than control it. That's what is "fair" for me.

Pretty simply stuff minus the hotlapper drama and flaming, eh...

Best, Maz
#514 - -M-
Quote from Flotch :do you know that irl when drive on the right or on the left it is not the same? (talking about fov, changing gear with the other hand) The 'tire' view is a big cheat imo, or at least for those who exploit this feature and gain a very unfair advantage compare to those who would have to completly re-learn how to drive with a totally different fov.

Warming tires sucks to do hotlapping, I agree, we should have the option to warm them up in aim to avoid those stupid drift to begin the lap.

About the fuel, I don't get the point, maybe you want to see some people hotlapping for hours in a single replay to do laps with an empty tank ...

Are you saying the FOV isn't the same in both sides of a car? I don't think so.
About changing gear with the other hand... Well, my DFP doesn't afford me to do that, but if I had a G25 take sure I would change shifter position when changing driver position.
Tyre view a cheat? I thought it was only an option... "Custom view" (not "tyre view") can be more reallistic than cockpit view if U set it up properly. An example: http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=t-ZX8uq6myU (yes, it is an extreme situation... But I bet it's more realistic than your system).
About the fuel, you cannot upload too big files to lfsworld... So your tank would never get empty if you start with 50% or more fuel.
For me, anything available in-game is neither cheat nor unfair.
Quote from arrechee :

Anyway i would like tah would requiere use AC and start working really hard a combination to see who is stronger..

You keep saying this, but you've had 3 WR's taken off you in the past day, so take your pic.
Quote from -M- :Are you saying the FOV isn't the same in both sides of a car? I don't think so.

I mean you do not see the same thing, do you?

Quote from -M- : Tyre view a cheat?

nah, changing the position of the driver without having any change in the view is clearly an unfair advantage compare to those who drives with the on-board cam ('helmet view').
Attached images
view.JPG
I never said BC was a cheat, i said it was unfair, ok for me you can use it all you want until the devs decide to put and end to it but if you want to be regarded as a top driver in the community, STOP USING IT. None will get any respect from me whilst using it and i think i speak for alot of people when i say that.

End of discussion for me.

Oh and for "people using FF are cheaters" No they're not, not their fault their wheel is better than yours, you wouldn't see McLaren go to the FIA because Ferrari are cheating because they have a better car would you? Same goes for LFS.
In my eyes BC is not unfair? I could easily use auto clutch but I took the time to learn Button Clutch even if it is just hitting 2 buttons together at the same time. Its more of a hastle than just pressing one button to gear up. Im suprised all the fast racers holding wr's with ac dont use button clutch????

If I ever get a wr with bc ( I doubt it) I would not take the replay down. This feature of the game is available too all, its not my fault for some reason you all refuse to use it.

In my eyes its the people who use the H shifter and axis pedals clutch who are left out in the rain here.....
If people with a clutch pedal have an advantage, it is ok and very fair according to the skill level required. Using a bc requires no skill at all, and so is unfair compare to those who use a pedal, that is the point .
I see, but isnt using ac just the same? is ac not faster than someone with a H shifter and clutch pedal? Cant say well the ycan use ac if they want as thats like saying they could use bc if they want?

But I guess using ac lowers the gap between them both though.
Quote from Flotch :If people with a clutch pedal have an advantage, it is ok and very fair according to the skill level required. Using a bc requires no skill at all, and so is unfair compare to those who use a pedal, that is the point .

You're missing one point

LFS it's not all about HotLapping... some of us (in LFS-Spain community the vast majority of us) are focused in races (1 hour races).
There using manual clutch (even if it's via button for not having a third pedal) it's not an advantage at all.

If you go under-revs you'll stall your engine if you don't push the button, if you do a spin you'll stall your engine too... and there is people (like -M-) who wants to deal with those features...

In the other side... custom view it's not tyre view, nor an static view that do not change with driver position. I use custom view in order to adjust it in any car for perfect view of mirrors (yep... those that you don't need in HL, I really need them on races) for my FOV + screen resolution combination. And yes, I use to change driver position (never thought of that as an unfair advantage, mainly another setup option :shrug and I do change the custom view to adapt to the new position (I like viewing the "real" speedometer and revo).

So I can understand the problem about HL with clutch button, but there's people out there using button clutch for other reasons than a pair of tenths on HL
You'd never stall your engine if they're using auto clutch with the clutch assigned to a button and its a disadvantage because its faster. Lokk at Zanini's AS North Rev/FO8 hotlap, he gains alot of time in the 3rd sector because the switches from 6th to 5th in the flick of a button where as someone with AC would have to let off the gas to change to 5th. Yes he might be using macro but BC is still basically the same, you can chnage down by pressing two buttons otgether instead of letting off the throttle.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :You'd never stall your engine if they're using auto clutch with the clutch assigned to a button and its a disadvantage because its faster. Lokk at Zanini's AS North Rev/FO8 hotlap, he gains alot of time in the 3rd sector because the switches from 6th to 5th in the flick of a button where as someone with AC would have to let off the gas to change to 5th. Yes he might be using macro but BC is still basically the same, you can chnage down by pressing two buttons otgether instead of letting off the throttle.

I think you've misunderstood my post... sorry if my english is poor... trying to do my best

There's some people out there who look for realism and wants their engine to stall if they don't apply clutch correctly. The only way for this to happen is havin manual clutch. And some of that people do not have a third pedal to use axis clutch, so they use button clutch. And if they do HL they don't change their config (as many people do not HL with 720º on stock cars which is also an advantage in some situations, as rallyX combos).

And I started thinking of something... all the people who has a G25 (or similar wheel with clutch pedal an shifter)... it's fair from them using padles to shift? It's not supposed they may use shifter and manual axis clutch?

I think many of them do HL with padles because it's easier to get good times (speciallly on GTR's). Is it that not "unfair"?
Is the most common hardware configuration which says what is and what is not fair?

And I must say I'm one of them... I don't have many time to get used to shifter and manual and I prefer to use padles for races because I feel more confident... Am I racing unfair?
Quote from RocksGt :You're missing one point
[snip]

LFS it's not all about HotLapping... some of us (in LFS-Spain community the vast majority of us) are focused in races (1 hour races).

[snip]

So I can understand the problem about HL with clutch button, but there's people out there using button clutch for other reasons than a pair of tenths on HL

That's a fair comment! Personally I don't consider normal BC unfair (since its an ingame option). But I do consider unfair the use of a macro (which is an external automation).

That being said (again and again ) there's nothing stopping anyone to use normal BC in races and AC in the hotlaps they upload to LFSW. They are two different worlds and it just happens that this ambiguity on LFSW of who's using the macro and who's not to give a bad name to those who don't use AC or CL.

Is this a cheat?
(625 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG