The online racing simulator
Anyone else remember.....
(31 posts, started )
....The Moomins

It was'nt untill last weekend, after a desent night out at my local, myself and the lads went back and somehow found this on one of the high sky channels..........

...I had forgotton how creppy it really was, honestly it seemed as if the intention was to scare the bejesus out of kids, rather than entertain them. Does anyone else remember the Moomins?
yep lol.. finnish art, or is it swedish?
Yes i do and i always disliked the moomins as a kid

I actualy did thought they were scary
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :....The Moomins

It was'nt untill last weekend, after a desent night out at my local, myself and the lads went back and somehow found this on one of the high sky channels..........

...I had forgotton how creppy it really was, honestly it seemed as if the intention was to scare the bejesus out of kids, rather than entertain them. Does anyone else remember the Moomins?

ah! the moomins. Never used to watch it properly but when it was on when I was around 4 or 5, didn't mind it .

You should check this out : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UZPh4RgbUFk
I used to call my sister a Moomin, we watched it quite a lot when we were kids, I can still remember the theme tune.
A mate of mine always gets called Moomin, mainly because it's an easy typo to make on his name
Scare the bejesus out of kids? Scares the bejesus out of me! That's friggin creepy :|
I remember The Moomins, I quite liked it ^^;
Quote from MAGGOT :Scare the bejesus out of kids? Scares the bejesus out of me! That's friggin creepy :|

Then maybe we should avoid this place
I totally remember it, in fact it used to crop up in drunken discussions between me & mates a few years back. We were all also freaked out by it.

They replaced it with a happy, smiley cartoon version didnd't they ?

Edit: Happy/Smiley version is your screenshot...the other, older one was a lot more freaky.
Why shouldn't the kids be scared? MAGGOT's avatar has more facial features
Yes, it used to scare the bejeesus out of the 4 year old Crashgate too.

I'm sure the original was some kind of cut-out animation a-la 'South Park' rather than a cartoon. Can anyone verify this?
Wow... you just reminded me of a Moomin nightmare I had as a kid, I'd totally forgot about that show. Yeah, it was pretty damn freaky...
Remember watching that as kid, scared the living hell out of me each time
Oh and btw, think it's from Finland, not sweden, but I am not sure on that.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver : I can still remember the theme tune.

Ditto, I used to watch it with my Grandma when I came home from school.

The theme tune is now stuck in my head....

dah dah dah dah dah (I'm sure there were lots of 'dahs' at some point...)
i dont know why this show is showed for small people.when i were around ~3-7 years old i always got freaking scared when i was alone in the dark thanks to that show and the bogeyman in it...
It was not that that scared the living shit out of me, was this big monster, called "hufsa" or something, anyway - could freeze anything close her. Man, I almost wet my pants when seeing that as child
Quote from The Very End :It was not that that scared the living shit out of me, was this big monster, called "hufsa" or something, anyway - could freeze anything close her. Man, I almost wet my pants when seeing that as child

thats exactly what i were afraid of. here it was ''Mörkö'' AKA boogieman
Remember that some parrents whent ballistic after seeing that show some years back, and forced the main channel to stop the show, and instead showing more "child friendly" stuff. In the end it ended up showing about this ugubanalughuzu from africa or something. Rember I hated it so much, tho the show scared me it was way better than seeing this silyl kid from afraica fishing for 30 mins.

I don't think adults get it, you sure gets scared, but at same time you enjoy it, and this is a perfect example of it.
This scared the hell out of me when I was young!

The Fraggles

The Gorg are evil!
Quote from batteryy :when i were around ~3-7 years old i always got freaking scared when i was alone in the dark thanks to that show and the bogeyman in it...

Never bothered me! I am the Bogeyman

I don't get why everyone is so scared of a cartoon! I can't really recall being scared of any kids TV when I was younger.

I remember a couple episodes of the X-Files giving me the heebeejeebees when it first started.
Quote from mrbogeyman :Never bothered me! I am the Bogeyman

I don't get why everyone is so scared of a cartoon! I can't really recall being scared of any kids TV when I was younger.

I remember a couple episodes of the X-Files giving me the heebeejeebees when it first started.

Your saying something there.
Remember a scene where they zoom in on a man, then his eyes rolls back and are just shallow..black holes, remember I had neightmare rest of the week. That seriously scared me, and I did not sleep well. At that time I probally was around 9 years old or something.
I am at bit fragile
Quote from mrbogeyman :I remember a couple episodes of the X-Files giving me the heebeejeebees when it first started.

Some episodes of X-Files (and Gremlins thinking about it) was why for many years I wouldn't walk up the stair case after turning off the lights downstairs but dashing up them full speed so I could get into the light at the top.

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG