The online racing simulator
exactly, some of my shifts are good, but they are inconsistant. from what i have heard, macro clutch does all the shifts exactly the same
ive been folowing this topic since the start and im suprised that even after this topic where its pretty clear you cant call it a cheat but it sertainly is, that som spanish guys keep using it comon find a life do it fair or not

yesterday again ky2r LX6 from daveWS was realy good, then the spanish guys com with this macro bullshit and just get 0.8 sec off it unfair $%#%$%....
Quote from Rudy van Buren :ive been folowing this topic since the start and im suprised that even after this topic where its pretty clear you cant call it a cheat but it sertainly is, that som spanish guys keep using it comon find a life do it fair or not

yesterday again ky2r LX6 from daveWS was realy good, then the spanish guys com with this macro bullshit and just get 0.8 sec off it unfair $%#%$%....

dont blame the spaniards, blame the macro.
me talking bs, i think its so lame, and its ruining LFS, i wish to import a rocket engine, nobody would notice.
Just been watching some guys on CTRA...both "might" have been using a macro...flat-shifting throughout the laps at SO3R...and the clutches weren't even getting warm...they were getting a good 0.5 - 0.7 secs a lap advantage over my full manual clutch and shifter (G25 FTW)
The sooner there are servers and hotlap charts to differentiate between arcade racers and sim racers...the better for everybody.
Quote from Rudy van Buren :yesterday again ky2r LX6 from daveWS was realy good, then the spanish guys com with this macro bullshit and just get 0.8 sec off it unfair $%#%$%....

Ky2r LX6 was the combo for the monday race at LFS-Spain league.
There's some people in there that don't actually know about this discussion as they don't read LFS-Forums so, for them, the macro thing is just an option that the game allow and they find it attractive or whatever

And checking the time table at LFS-World, there are 40 spanish racers who upload a Ky2r - LX6 HL and only 3 of them using the macro, so please don't generalize. Usually we are about 120 - 150 racers uploading HL's every monday and (as far as I know) this 3 racers are the only ones using the script

I think the problem is that two of this racers are arrechee and Zanini, two impressive drivers that can fight almost every WR and using the macro make people think they are not that good

Whatever... yesterday spanish league's race was FERallyX Rev - RAC. As you can see at LFS-World, 29 spanish racers upload an HL, none of them using the macro and 8 of them beat the previous WR holded by go carter (I know, rally combos are not many popular :tilt
Seems the majority of people who ARE using this macro (and seem in some way to be doing it to SPITE the wider community now) are Spanish, but in fact that's largely irrelevent - though I'm sure you can see how it seems relevent, since people naturally generalise because "general" things are easier to conceive in the mind's eye. I'm glad to hear you point out that it isn't "the spanish community" as a body/group. Perhaps there is something you can do within the spanish community to encourage these people to reassess their practice?

It seems generally clear that the LFS community regards this as either a "cheat" or an action with absolutely no honour. Even if it is not truly a cheat (though I think it is, really - LFS does not allow it, LFS simply has no mechanism to DISallow it) it's plain to see that if you use this macro, you will be regarded poorly as a dishonourable competitor.. Stigmas like this are not easily shaken in this niche field. Surely, for these people, a "stolen" WR is not worth the disgust that others view them with?
If we are going to generalise then I would say that in general, most Spanish people on public servers fall off the track more often than people from the other nations, so the only thing this macro cheat will do is take them to their next accident that little bit faster.
If someone is doing impossible gear changes everytime and it's easy to spot in replays, they will include a fix for it in the next release.
i hope that in the next patch macro wont work anymore indeed, and about that som of the guys dont read lfsforum the one with the uber fast time does becaus he posted somthing in the thread
Quote from SamH :Seems the majority of people who ARE using this macro (and seem in some way to be doing it to SPITE the wider community now) are Spanish, but in fact that's largely irrelevent - though I'm sure you can see how it seems relevent, since people naturally generalise because "general" things are easier to conceive in the mind's eye. I'm glad to hear you point out that it isn't "the spanish community" as a body/group. Perhaps there is something you can do within the spanish community to encourage these people to reassess their practice?

It seems generally clear that the LFS community regards this as either a "cheat" or an action with absolutely no honour. Even if it is not truly a cheat (though I think it is, really - LFS does not allow it, LFS simply has no mechanism to DISallow it) it's plain to see that if you use this macro, you will be regarded poorly as a dishonourable competitor.. Stigmas like this are not easily shaken in this niche field. Surely, for these people, a "stolen" WR is not worth the disgust that others view them with?

Well said, and I completely agree.
If it were up to me I would make a blacklist, of people using that eploit. I don't say we are going to flame them or ban them, but that the community will look upon them as exploiters and dishonourable drivers.

As you mention on CTRA, seen that aswell, and it DOES effect your laptime a lot, specially in those slow gear-changing S1 cars.

Wish there soon is a chance to stop this, or I'm seriously thinking of that Blacklist..
Quote from SamH :'m glad to hear you point out that it isn't "the spanish community" as a body/group. Perhaps there is something you can do within the spanish community to encourage these people to reassess their practice?

I could open a thread in the league forum, but that is a personal option and I think that the only two people affected are arrechee and Zanini cause they are the only two spanish racers (more accurate LFS-Spain racers :tilt beating WR and using the script. And I think they have a personal fight one with the other (and they are teammates and the only two in their team using the macro) and they use the macro because they don't have much time to train . All of this are personal opinions, I don't have asked them why they use it because I really don't mind, they are far away from my level and I'm sure (because they hav proved that before) that they can beat WR's with or without the macro thing.

In the other side, if you look at the previously mentioned Ky2r - LX6, the third spanish racer using the macro is -M- and he is my team mate and I can tell you that he use the macro because he don't like auto-clutch and he don't have a clutch pedal (DFP owner). So he have a clutch button he must use for avoiding engine stall when spining or in low revs but he use the macro because using the shifter and clicking the button and 720º it's too much work ... but I'm sure no one will complain about him because he's not beating WR's
In other words, dear RocksGT, what you say is that it's those guys' choise to be dishonored in the LFS community, by their own free will! They're already in my black list!
Quote from migf1 :In other words, dear RocksGT, what you say is that it's those guys' choise to be dishonored in the LFS community, by their own free will! They're already in my black list!

Please, don't misunderstand me

I can't talk in their names cause I have no more facts about why they're using it than any of you. I can only tell that both of them (I suppose -M- it's not a problem for anyone because he's not beating WR's) are superb drivers that can beat WR's without using the script and I think that they use it because they don't know about this discussion and because no one has told them that their WR's are considered unfair

I would try to let them know anyway, I just don't give this so much importance as I'm not a Hotlapper nor I have the hands to beat a WR (include level 100 macros, no way I'd beat a WR :tilt, but I can understand your point
Quote from RocksGt :
[snip]
I can only tell that both of them (I suppose -M- it's not a problem for anyone because he's not beating WR's) are superb drivers that can beat WR's without using the script...

They may can, they may not, but even if they can I bet it will take them a lot more effort and time to do it. There's only one way to know, to re-upload their hotlaps either using AC or pedal CL

Quote : and I think that they use it because they don't know about this discussion and because no one has told them that their WR's are considered unfair

I would try to let them know anyway, I just don't give this so much importance as I'm not a Hotlapper nor I have the hands to beat a WR (include level 100 macros, no way I'd beat a WR :tilt, but I can understand your point

For me -M- is a problem too, what is unethical stays unethical regardless the outcome. I'm glad you are going to inform them what the LFS community thinks of them right now (even gereralizing for all Spanish LFS racers), although I'm pretty sure both Zanini and arrechee are well aware of this thread!
Quote from migf1 :For me -M- is a problem too, what is unethical stays unethical regardless the outcome. I'm glad you are going to inform them what the LFS community thinks of them right now (even gereralizing for all Spanish LFS racers), although I'm pretty sure both Zanini and arrechee are well aware of this thread!

Maybe they're awared but I'm pretty sure arrechee has no read it because he doesn't speak english at all

And about -M-, he's using the script more for realistic finality than for speed, but I will tell him to take a look of this page of the thread and answer if he wants to

For the generalization to all Spanish racers, well, I fear I can't do nothing to change people minds... We (LFS-Spain) are a big, friendly and enthusiast community, we're getting our weekly race for 5 years now (indeed we're celebrating the aniversary right now ) and that make us very focused in our community and not so related to the international community, so I suppose it's easy for you to blame all of us although the facts are that (as far as I know) only 3 spanish people use the script when our community has an average of 80 - 120 people racing every week
Quote from RocksGt :.. that both of them (I suppose -M- it's not a problem for anyone because he's not beating WR's) are superb drivers that can beat WR's without using the script and I think that they use it because they don't know about this discussion and because no one has told them that their WR's are considered unfair..
I would try to let them know anyway.

Applause to the few Spanish, Spanish-German guys in this thread. At least they show some guts posting their point of view on this matter.

I think there are some unwritten rules in LFS and I´m in no doubt that NOT using a macro has become one of them already.

Show me a thread where sb. asked pre-race if it would be ok to use the macro-clutch please..

I strongly believe it would be a very good idea to inform them about this thread because it´s absolutely bad for the hole Spanish LFS community (which these racers should care about [?]) but especially for these couple of Spanish racers, using the macro clutch. See the posts where these few macro-racers already have become blacklisted and this "trend" might continue, I´m sure about.
And if, like you state, these superb drivers that can beat WR's without using the script, you might wanna encourage them to do so and this way they should feel even more satisfaction beating a WR or winning races.

But me as well hopes for a auto-clutch fix asap to get over with this matter.

PS.:Good job, Glenn. Was interesting reading all the way through this thread and one can see you put a lot of efford in your testing.
I like Spanish people and I loved your country when I visited a few years ago (Andalusia tour... just beautiful)! Personally, I don't generalize, since I've also spotted in the LFSW charts Brazilians, Germans, Australians and others using the macro (tbh most of the time I just check the CL and AC flags).
The main thing here is the ethical part, not the nationality
Btw, -M- can use just the button clutch without the macro if he seeks realism. He can also use Track IR
Quote from migf1 :Btw, -M- can use just the button clutch without the macro if he seeks realism. He can also use Track IR

I'm talking to him via MSN, soon he'll post in here I think...

But we just realized he didn't fixed the rate of the button, just a script for pressing the clutch button when he presses the paddle :ices_rofl

So he's not getting the advantage, isn't he? I just don't read the entire topic nor investigating the macro because I don't mind it
#344 - -M-
Hi all, Rocks told me about this thread and I think I should say something...

Mi first notice about that script was "faster gear changes". I didn't know anything more about it, so I started some experiments with profiler.
At the end I made it work... Or something like this. I didn't notice better times, maybe I did it wrong or maybe I am not so constant to notice any profit. I recognize I didn't try drag strip so I'm not sure not being slightly faster.
First day I didn't notice nothing special. My PB was as difficult to beat as before and everything looked the same. But the second day I had an accident and engine stalled... Then I loved it No more automatic clutch saving my rpms, no more accidents playing only with the wheel, no more burn clutches due to low rpms in high gears.

Is it a cheat? Obviously I think it isn't, if I thought that I wouldn't do it. Why I think that?

a) I didn't notice better times
b) It's more difficult for me to recover the control at unexpected situations
c) At least in my case, the gear change is NOT always perfect. Sometimes it just dont change, so I have to click again the stick.

Using button clutch in every change? No thanks. I had a RGT wheel with clutch and handbrake in the wheel and my wrists didn't like that. I prefer to use autoclutch. But i would like it doesn't work in low-rpm-situations
Quote from Bladerunner :Just been watching some guys on CTRA...both "might" have been using a macro...flat-shifting throughout the laps at SO3R...and the clutches weren't even getting warm...they were getting a good 0.5 - 0.7 secs a lap advantage over my full manual clutch and shifter (G25 FTW).

I can flatshift with using autoclutch all day long in the XFG without the clutch getting any heat....

I have made a replay for all the "my clutch heats up..." whining threads, but it's at home right now.

I don't use button clutch, nor a macro. I don't even use the profiler, it is garbage. Just simple flatshifting with autoclutch (which I normally don't always flatshift, just occasionally). Just the point being, you can't tell from looking at clutch heat whether someone is using the macro or not.
Quote from Rudy van Buren :yesterday again ky2r LX6 from daveWS was realy good, then the spanish guys com with this macro bullshit and just get 0.8 sec off it unfair $%#%$%....

Uh, oh!

I've just realized that today combo for the league is FE Black - FZR and you're holding the WR

I hope nor Zanini or arrechee beat your WR using the macro or you'll be a lot more dissappointed
Quote from mrodgers :Just the point being, you can't tell from looking at clutch heat whether someone is using the macro or not.

What about looking at the replays, and seeing that the clutch bar NEVER moves (or shows!) I just tried out auto clutch...first time I've used it since I got my G25... and lo...yonder bar moves with auto clutch!!! It also moves with button clutch and with pedal clutch....so...my theory is that if no bar movement is seen, must be a macro! (especially when somebody gains THAT much time with gearchanging!)
#348 - -M-
Quote from Bladerunner :What about looking at the replays, and seeing that the clutch bar NEVER moves (or shows!) I just tried out auto clutch...first time I've used it since I got my G25... and lo...yonder bar moves with auto clutch!!! It also moves with button clutch and with pedal clutch....so...my theory is that if no bar movement is seen, must be a macro! (especially when somebody gains THAT much time with gearchanging!)

Hmmm I see my bar perfectly
Quote from Bladerunner :What about looking at the replays, and seeing that the clutch bar NEVER moves (or shows!) I just tried out auto clutch...first time I've used it since I got my G25... and lo...yonder bar moves with auto clutch!!! It also moves with button clutch and with pedal clutch....so...my theory is that if no bar movement is seen, must be a macro! (especially when somebody gains THAT much time with gearchanging!)

Macro = program sends button or axis command to LFS
Result = bar will move regardless.
You lost.
Sorry.
Quote from -M- :Hmmm I see my bar perfectly

It seems you're not using the macro, you've blatantly failed in cheating :uglyhamme

Anyway... take care, people can indeed flame you for using button clutch (as LFS-World says) although you're not using rhe macro (and you have the aggravant factor of being a spaniard :inq

Is this a cheat?
(625 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG