A reason not to buy a lambo
(145 posts, closed, started )
It's the Sun what did you expect
Quote from speedway :(misteriously approved by the guy whose name is taken, even without calling me gay for once )

Gay.
Quote from sam93 :If you are talking about the NOS Purges in my Corsa thats why we replaced them with a product called SodaStream, looks exactly the same just not NOS.

Sure it gives you loads of fizz and enough powerrrrr to sue the council when you drive into the nearest tree (incorrectly positioned by an inch of course).

EDIT - good question
Why did you quote my comment but reply to Sam's?
Quote from ajp71 :Sure it gives you loads of fizz and enough powerrrrr to sue the council when you drive into the nearest tree (incorrectly positioned by an inch of course).

EDIT - good question

it's for show FFS, not everyone has the same intrests as I.

It uses these bottles, it has the same effect of NOS just a cheaper option, hopefully my car when I am older will actually be running NOS as our current car may be going and I will be getting a Corsa C instead.
http://www.sodastream.co.uk/gb ... name=CYLINDERS&Page=1

I don't understand why people keep throwing digs at me, my accident was very serious where I nearly died and had to have a 6 hour operation where I could of also died as they was working right next to my brain, so before you open your mouth think before you speak, if I keep getting digs about my accident I will upload a few pics of what happened to me and then that may shine some light on things.
You cycled into a sign because you weren't paying attention. End of.

NOS is for brainless ricers (and very successful, big-budget drag racing, but that's only popular in the States because they are used to cars that can't do corners ).

Edit: You already explained over a year ago via email about what happened. You fell of a bicycle and landed on a sign. It's your own stupid fault. They should have made you pay for the medical care too. And for replacing the sign.
Quote from tristancliffe :You cycled into a sign because you weren't paying attention. End of.

End of you say, you don't know what the **** happened to me do you, no. I was paying attention, do you know how bad the bend is I came off no, so before you talk think, you don't have a clue in what happened, didn't even cycle into the sign, I was off my bike before I hit the sign, I went skidding across the road before I hit the sign.

Quote from tristancliffe :NOS is for brainless ricers (and very successful, big-budget drag racing, but that's only popular in the States because they are used to cars that can't do corners ).

Do you even know anything about the modified car scene? We are no brainless, everything what gets put into a car is for shows, the latest show I went to was Devon Car Show (Modified Mania) and there was a lot of scoobies running over 500bhp, but as they had bodykits in the cars I suppose they are rubbish just because of the bodykit and there was a lot of cars there running NOS. IT'S ALL FOR SHOW!!!!
Sorry Sam, your avatar says it all. No need for other pics.
Quote from beefyman666 :Sorry Sam, your avatar says it all. No need for other pics.

I only found one of those girls attractive, I also have a picture with the Faces of plymouth (Plymouth Calender Girls) but the pic was to big, I don't think I will visit the forum much anymore because it isn't as friendly as what it used, I will look forward to being in the modifed car scene even more when I get my car and spending loads on it, for performance and looks. Not just modifying Corsa's but hopefully cars like Supra's, RX7's etc...
Good luck. All the best.
Quote from sam93 :do You Even Know Anything About The Modified Car Scene? We Are No Brainless

Arhahahahaha:d
Quote from beefyman666 :Good luck. All the best.

Thanks, I will not be replying to this thread anymore, people here need to keep their comments/insults to themselves.
I was being genuine, good luck. :rolleyes:
Quote from beefyman666 :I was being genuine, good luck. :rolleyes:

I didn't say you wasn't did I. The impression some people make for the modified car scene is bad, some people modify their cars in a bad way and then you get someone who puts a lot into their cars to make them a show stopper etc...

As I said before you can ramble on yourselves now.
I tell you what was really satisfying, me and my dad recently went to 10 of the best, for drag and course racing, one of the cars was a 250k subaru with a rally driver, plugging the laptops in it everytime he came in, yet my dad beat it with a 30k car. Then we thought wed give drag a try, the car was straight off the trailer from snetterton and we were up against some skyline and one of them drift mobile things with over 600bhp, with NOS, and my dads car killed them all, mostly because all the chav's can't drive a car (even in a straight line) and have no clue on how to build a car purely built for speed and obviously looks judging by your avatar.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I tell you what was really satisfying, me and my dad recently went to 10 of the best, for drag and course racing, one of the cars was a 250k subaru with a rally driver, plugging the laptops in it everytime he came in, yet my dad beat it with a 30k car. Then we thought wed give drag a try, the car was straight off the trailer from snetterton and we were up against some skyline and one of them drift mobile things with over 600bhp, with NOS, and my dads car killed them all, mostly because all the chav's can't drive a car (even in a straight line) and have no clue on how to build a car purely built for speed and obviously looks judging by your avatar.

ffs, what part of it's for show don't you understand, that car will also be to heavy for speed because of the sound system in the back and that car is also running NOS.
Who says people with modified cars are chavs, you will be suprised by how many people at shows with their cars are infact not chavs, there are business men who modify cars and take them to shows, there was a modified Range Rover there and a few other pricey cars there.

So from what you said seems to bring an image across of that you think your Dad is an amazing driver. It also seems that you think everyone with modified cars can't drive, your mistaken.
Quote from sam93 :
It uses these bottles, it has the same effect of NOS just a cheaper option, hopefully my car when I am older will actually be running NOS as our current car may be going and I will be getting a Corsa C instead.
http://www.sodastream.co.uk/gb ... name=CYLINDERS&Page=1

Christ that was the right website

I can't even express how retarded I think putting a CO2 cylinder into your car is because it looks a bit like a (normally badly misused) performance product. Whatever next are you going to stick Coke bottles to it?

Quote :
I don't understand why people keep throwing digs at me, my accident was very serious where I nearly died and had to have a 6 hour operation where I could of also died as they was working right next to my brain, so before you open your mouth think before you speak, if I keep getting digs about my accident I will upload a few pics of what happened to me and then that may shine some light on things.

No one is interested in the fact you cycled into a sign (which if you were paying attention you would not have hit regardless of where it had been placed). We are amused and annoyed that you had the cheek to try and sue the council on some ridiculous technicality for your financial gain at our loss.
Quote from ajp71 :No one is interested in the fact you cycled into a sign (which if you were paying attention you would not have hit regardless of where it had been placed). We are amused and annoyed that you had the cheek to try and sue the council on some ridiculous technicality for your financial gain at our loss.

I am not bothered about the financial part, I would prefer it for the council to become aware of their mistakes and to it more aware that you should wear an helmet.

You will be suprised by how much the council mess up, like the double yellows outside our house are illegal although the council still try to fine you even though they are illegal.

I don't know if that site it the right site but the bottles of sodastream, the bottles are not visible to the eye, there is just a leaver near the drivers seat that sends the contents of the sodastream bottle out of the Purges.

When I get my car I will add pics of it and with what I have planned for the car I think some of you will proberly like it, it will be nice a simple, hopefully a smart looking car even though it will have wider arches, but the bodykit is simple and the arches are not over done.
Sodastream bottles? I thought you 'tuners' spend shitloads on 'doing cars up', not taking shortcuts adding drinks. Do you make different flavours to have different colour purges?
Quote from sam93 :Thanks, I will not be replying to this thread anymore, people here need to keep their comments/insults to themselves.

You replied 3 times after posting this...

To be honest, when I was about 11 up to about 15, I thought the modified car scene was good and couldn't understand how people could not like it. Then I found a little thing called maturity and realised, but it isn't really that good. Modifying can be good, for example upgrading things so they work better etc. But adding a huge, cheap, plastic and ill-fitting body kit that you can scratch on speed humps and whatever is silly. I admit, I do still 'like' some modified cars, but only if they have had a decent amount spent on professional jobs, but that is in the region of £10,000 on a Corsa that is worth £2,000 and with all your addy shit, its now worth £3,000. I know its all done out of passion for modifying, but now I'm older and I actually own a car it would be scene as sacralidge to modify (in my eyes anyway) I tend to stay away from the whole scene.

Good luck though Sam, it isn't cheap. I had so many big plans and I am no where near what I had planned at your age. So, you better get yourself a really decent job.
Quote from The General Lee :You replied 3 times after posting this...

To be honest, when I was about 11 up to about 15, I thought the modified car scene was good and couldn't understand how people could not like it. Then I found a little thing called maturity and realised, but it isn't really that good. Modifying can be good, for example upgrading things so they work better etc. But adding a huge, cheap, plastic and ill-fitting body kit that you can scratch on speed humps and whatever is silly. I admit, I do still 'like' some modified cars, but only if they have had a decent amount spent on professional jobs, but that is in the region of £10,000 on a Corsa that is worth £2,000 and with all your addy shit, its now worth £3,000. I know its all done out of passion for modifying, but now I'm older and I actually own a car it would be scene as sacralidge to modify (in my eyes anyway) I tend to stay away from the whole scene.

Good luck though Sam, it isn't cheap. I had so many big plans and I am no where near what I had planned at your age. So, you better get yourself a really decent job.

I will not do eveything in a short period of time and all the work will be carried out by professionals. One of the reasons I wont do it all at once is the insurance side of things, do some mods then leave it for a while to wait for the insurance to go down a little and then carry out more mods. The second reason is the money involved, for a decent job costs a considerable amount of money. I know what is involved in the modifying scene as my dads girlfriends family is well into modifying, even her dad is who is in his 60's. Beefyman666 may have seen a Blue and Black Modified vans going around Plymouth, proberly seen the blue one more, the Blue was is my step uncles and the black one is his dads, I know it doesn't really matter, just generally wondering if he has seen them and what he thinks of them, they mainly have imercher parts on them.

A lot of the work that will need to be done to my car will proberly be carried out by Konceptz in Cornwall and Xquisite, Konceptz are no where as good as Xquisute but you pay good money for something to look good.

All I can say everyones intrests are like marmite, you either love it or hate it, or another one is someones dislike is anothers like, I like the modified scene whilst others dont.

I will be having a job, a night time job as I will hopefully be going into Uni to become a Software & Web Developer that pays well so can also fund for my love of modifying cars
Hey i never said hes an amazing driver, we actually chucked a Formula Renault driver in the car to get the extra second we needed to get the fastest time, i was just saying that your going on about some of the cars having 500+ bhp when really it means **** all, because they can't drive and they don't know how to make a car competatively fast. HTH.

Oh and i can't wait till you actually have to get a job, nothing usually turns out how you planned it... But that's life..
This thread is closed

A reason not to buy a lambo
(145 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG