The online racing simulator
God
(149 posts, started )
Quote from MAGGOT :Sucks to be you.

It does really. I think I'd rather stay as a grunt.
Quote from Dennis93 :so for an raw example, you would say the attack in madrid is fake ?

oh thats mild suffering i dont see why he should have avoided that, im thinking of those news that really convince you theres no god

an example of fake would be a picture taken in spain that showed a dead inmigrant corpse on the beach and people sunbathing close by, seems much likely it was photoshoped

i see news media are intended to make us fear, i even recall a news from a paper saying the government asked private channells to show more horror movies

but my point is god and this reality arent posible at the same time unless god is a sadist
#78 - JJ72
Quote from lerts :but my point is god and this reality arent posible at the same time unless god is a sadist

there are many alternatives:

1. god is powerful but not all powerful (actually an all powerful god is logically impossible)

2. god isn't sadist, he is just ignorant or too busy to care.

3. god intent us to suffer for a bigger good cause.

4. god doesn't see it as suffering, as if when we see a deer got hunted in the wild by a tiger, we just see it as a natural process.

actually i think point 4 could be true, we are just a very small part of a very big system, why would god intend to save us. species come and go, just a part of natural process.
Quote from lizardfolk :Every religion? I have yet to see an Eastern religions such as Buddhism (Vajayana, Mahayana, or Theravada), Taoism, Confucianism, or Zen preach as vigorously as Christianity. In fact, you really dont see eastern religions preach at all and that in itself is a part of their religion. (BTW Confucianism shouldn't be categorized as a religion at all). They might make themselves seen in public during asian celebrations or what not but that's hardly what I call "expanding" their religion.

Ok... so china prohibiting christianity is?
#80 - JJ72
Because the government fear christianity will induce anti-communist party ideas.

it has nothing to do with other eastern religions, in fact the chinese cathoric church is the most reluctent in communicating with other religious figure.
#82 - JJ72
errr catholic sorry
Quote from JJ72 :Because the government fear christianity will induce anti-communist party ideas.

it has nothing to do with other eastern religions, in fact the chinese cathoric church is the most reluctent in communicating with other religious figure.

Nice Explanation...but why fear it?... "it's nothing but a religion"
#84 - JJ72
Quote from chanoman315 :Nice Explanation...but why fear it?... "it's nothing but a religion"

because all communist party are dictators to some degree. and for dictatorship to work it requires the leading figure to be worshipped somewhat like a god, in china the leading figures are called the great grandfathers - it's a tuned down version of Mao's era, but still the main thing is the worship from the people, it's about the only thing that keeps the integrity of the party alive.

the problem with christianity is they tell you to worship god, and not idols, thus meaning christains should not worship their party leaders, and when that happens the partie's control on people would be lost.
Quote from JJ72 :
the problem with christianity is they tell you to worship god, and not idols, thus meaning christains should not worship their party leaders, and when that happens the partie's control on people would be lost.

mmm and where you heard that?
#86 - JJ72
where'd i heard what? christians should not worship idols?
#87 - AMB
Quote from chanoman315 :mmm and where you heard that?

Quote :Do not have any other gods before me.

4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.
Quote from AMB :No.."God is a Noob!!"

:dnfnoob:

We wanted to keep that secret.

Now everybody knows that he joined our team.
#90 - AMB
OMG, he cheats aswell, he flys over drivers and uses teh speedhack and also only uses his mind to drive :O
Quote from AMB :OMG, he cheats aswell, he flys over drivers and uses teh speedhack and also only uses his mind to drive :O

And good luck banning someone who's omnipresent.
Quote from chanoman315 :Ok... so china prohibiting christianity is?

China suppresses all religion just as communist suppresses all religion. The government had said that religion is a poison. However in recent years they haven't really cared about it as much as back when Mao was in power. After all, the Tibet monk massacre wasn't exactly because they were fighting.

Quote from JJ72 :Because the government fear christianity will induce anti-communist party ideas.

The government fears all religion because they are communists.

Quote from chanoman315 :Nice Explanation...but why fear it?... "it's nothing but a religion"

Quote from JJ72 :because all communist party are dictators to some degree. and for dictatorship to work it requires the leading figure to be worshipped somewhat like a god, in china the leading figures are called the great grandfathers - it's a tuned down version of Mao's era, but still the main thing is the worship from the people, it's about the only thing that keeps the integrity of the party alive.

Perfect explanation and tbh communism relies on the old attitude of religion that "who ever's in power is perfect". Thus, converting to a religion would undermine those in power especially when you start thinking of the hypocrisies of communism.

Quote from chanoman315 :mmm and where you heard that?

Perhaps China is a poor example to bring across the true attitude of communism because in recent years China hasn't been very strict in "upholding the values of communism". Look at North Korea. The pyongyang regime established a "state ideology" (called Juche) which acts almost like a full blown religion. Belonging to a religion like Christianity and Islam would completely contridict Juche (just like you can't be a muslim if you are a christian).

Fortunately Eastern religions such as Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, and especially Hinduism, do not really contridict ideologies between separate religions. In fact, it is common practice for someone to fully follow Buddhism, Taoism, and Confucianism in perfect harmony. Many see these three not as separate religions, but as philosophical parts that together make an enhanced whole.

Hinduism is another story. The hindu faith actually allows and in some cases even encourage their followers to belong to another faith. Mohands Gandhi was a devout Hindu. But I quote when he was asked if he was hindu "Yes I am. I am also a Christian, a Muslim, a Buddhist and a Jew". Thus Gandi "achieved full harmony from the Hindu faith from all of the major religions". This may sound impossible and stupid to most and it always will unless you truly understand what Eastern religions are all about.
Fair play to the Hindus, they have themselves covered no matter what religion God turns out to be
Quote from lizardfolk :The government fears all religion because they are communists.

It isn't so much a fear of religion as it they feel it is counter-productive to communism.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :if I want to get promoted faster in the Army I need to go to church at least once a month.

Does it make you a better killer if you go to church once a month?
Quote from wsinda :Does it make you a better killer if you go to church once a month?

Nope.

Around here though you get council housing much faster if you are a baptist.
Nice reply's to what I posted, good to see no one took it too personally.

As for what Hyperactive observed, I will fully admit that I am no angel, and also, I am only as human as the next person, no where have I claimed that I am above all. I am terribly flawed, and I am sure that to a casual observer on this board, I can come across as a prick.
A lot of that come from age, in that I have little tolerance for petulant teenagers and ppl from lik from EnGlAnD dat have lik uh 1st rate edjamacatation lol stfu and lik type like dis kekekekeke.
Get to know me one on one as some here have, and I am a VERY different, likeable, tolerant person.

When I attend church (2-3 times a month) I, in prayer, ask Jesus to forgive my sins, and through his teachings, become a better person for it. If you knew me twelve years ago, you would say that I have come a long way, and I still have a long way to go.

Listen, how you go through your life is something that is out of my control, your are fully in control of it. If you abide by the Golden Rule, great. More power to you. If you choose to have religion as a pathway, also great. Religion is a personal choice, so escuse me if I am a bit assertive when some take upon themselves to attack, defame or slander it.

Wouldn't you?

Did you know my wife is an atheist? It is true! But I love her unconditionally. God loves you unconditionally, whether you know it or not, want it or not. The reason why is because he sacrificed his only son to forgive the sins of the world....so give Jesus a break, huh?

The next time religion makes you angry, think of the elderly woman sitting in a pew, or kneeling in a temple or mosque, praying for her sick husband to be better. Think of the song "Amazing Grace". Think of how every Sunday a whole family, as a family, goes to church together. Think of the joy it brings to people who need it.
To focus on the negative aspects of anything will only wither your heart and cloud your days on Earth.
#99 - CSU1
Quote from Richie Cahill :Win! Most ignorance fitted into a single badly wrote paragraph in the history of the intertubes.

written into the interwebs LOL@you

Story bud?
Quote from wsinda :Does it make you a better killer if you go to church once a month?

Because England is a proddy country and we are fighting for HRH, they like it if you're a proddy, for whatever reason. Maybe they think it'll give you somewhere to vent so you don't go on a killing spree.

God
(149 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG