The online racing simulator
Alien Contact Covered Up?
(89 posts, started )
If there was a dire need for someone to do so I am sure they would ask an engineer to think of a way. Just because we can't figure out how they did it - and because we assume, often erroneously, they had inferior engineering skills to modern people - doesn't mean that aliens were involved in making the base of a temple.

Where you see little green men, I see impressive fits of humans. Where you see mystery and magic, I see sadness because my contemporary civilization only hauls ass to post youtube videos.
Why is moving 1000 tonnes by manpower not possible? With proper leverage one man can lift, say, half a tonne. So it takes just 2000 men that way. With even more leverage you could get it down to, say 500 men per stone, getting it up a slope or onto ramps/rollers etc a millimeter at a time.

It would take a long time, but we have no idea how long it took anyway.

I just don't see what is impossible about it at all.
Yes - we have such gigantic structures in Greece which I have visited and was quite impressed. But not for one moment did I put it down to "aliens" or the supernatural. We basically choose to blindfold ourselves and think "aliens helped them" because we assume that since they, old humans of the past, leaved in such a backwards place as the past weren't smart enough to figure out things.

Yet - there they stand - monuments thousands of years old. Some ancient cities here have plumbing and irrigation systems that still work. I've been in buildings 20 y/o that you can't flush a toilet in fear of what might happen to the plumbing next week, let alone contemplate what they'll be like in 5000 years time.
So Aliens exist? Xaotik?

for me yes... they could help ancient civilizations, or they were the ancient civilizations....
Quote from chanoman315 :So Aliens exist? Xaotik?

Sure, I see no reason why not. It would surely please quite a few people and disgruntle quite a few others, perhaps a few sects will commit mass suicide, some religions will have to be re-written to accommodate and much mirth will ensue. Fun times for all. But ancient monuments proposed as evidence of the paranormal don't sway me much.
Some people are really trying to sound as similar to David Icke as possible ...
Quote from tristancliffe :Why is moving 1000 tonnes by manpower not possible? With proper leverage one man can lift, say, half a tonne. So it takes just 2000 men that way. With even more leverage you could get it down to, say 500 men per stone, getting it up a slope or onto ramps/rollers etc a millimeter at a time.

It would take a long time, but we have no idea how long it took anyway.

I just don't see what is impossible about it at all.

I moved 4 tonnes of paving slabs in one morning using just a wheel barrow and a lot of blood, sweat and tears. So if I can do that without being forced to, then a slave could probably move a lot more in a day. Have to say I was moving them about 30ft into our back garden, and I was doing it at about 5 or 6 slabs at a time.
Quote from duke_toaster :Some people are really trying to sound as similar to David Icke as possible ...

Funny you mention that given the OP's choice of username.
We often under-estimate our forebears. I used to do this gig where I would teach kids about dark age times working on a living history exhibit, and this guy tells his kid "Of course they didnt have wood in those days as it hadnt been invented yet, they're just doing the best they can to recreate what it must have been like.".

Some of you "public" really are thick.

Then again my sister mocks me for not knowing how to work a sink strainer, says I understand quantum physics but am confused by the simplest domestic chore.
Quote from chanoman315 :not the base... the pyramids of egypt where blocks are BIG and weight a LOT

All the "great" empires achieved all their "great" achievements using nothing more mystical or mysterious than slavery.
Quote from thisnameistaken :All the "great" empires achieved all their "great" achievements using nothing more mystical or mysterious than slavery.

Almost Kev, after the fall of the British empire the people built a funny dome thing using nothing more than extortionate taxes.
When you look at the thrust of Egyptian civilisation, it was all about making the Pharaoh(s) as comfortable as possible for the afterlife, and all other considerations secondary. When you could get a whole civilisation (highly ordered, highly focused) behind that goal I see no reason why the Egyptians couldn't have made the pyramids over that length of time.

There's mystery and magic of course, but it's in the belief/cultural system of the people of those times, as seen through our (modern) eyes. Astonishing really.
Quote from thisnameistaken :All the "great" empires achieved all their "great" achievements using nothing more mystical or mysterious than slavery.

Well actually pyramids ( at least for the keops one) were built by employees not by slaves.

Alien Contact Covered Up?
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG