The online racing simulator
Alien Contact Covered Up?
(89 posts, started )
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new ... em-up-says-astronaut.html

Being a sci-fi nerd I personally found this article interesting. Now I know the trend for "omg gov conspiracy alien cover up!" is getting tiresome, and if this was another random "UFOlogist" then I would have immediately closed the browser. But this person was a NASA astronaut and was on the Apollo 14 mission. He was also a graduate of the Carnegie Institute of Technology so I found it intriguing that he would say something like this.

Think there's any validity to the article?

I personally think he just wants to make the news. However, I do believe that there is life outside of our solar system. I mean Stephen Hawkings once stated that it is a statistical impossibility that we are completely alone in universe that spans billion+ of galaxies and solar systems.

But aliens? Here? Government Cover up? Sounds like a really bad X-Files movie (which coincidentally was released this friday).

(and please no religious references)
#2 - JJ72
proves that going to space makes your brain go wack?
Quote from JJ72 :proves that going to space makes your brain go wack?

Or is that a government conspiracy in itself?
I watched a program on national geographic which told my UFO's were made by skoda.
#5 - amp88
How is this 77 year old's mental health?
According to what it says here, amongst other things, he also claims to have been healed of cancer by a teenage psychic healer at a distance.
I think aliens landed here in a white FIAT Uno and they helped JFK, Prince Philip and Elvis shoot Diana
He sounds like a reliable source. :alien2:

Anyone who's had to work with Government departments knows that they're in no way competent enough to organise cover-ups.
Meh if we were allowed to have more than one account i would have made on called aliens and said hi lol.
Such a brilliant scheme only to be thwarted by petty regulations. *sigh*
hm, given the size of the universe and the sheer number of different star systems and planets, it's highly unlikely that there is absolutely no extrateresstrial life somewhere out there.

But even if one species of those aliens found a way to travel interstellar or even intergalactic distances, it still is very unlikely that they would visit us.

So yeah, I am absolutely sure that aliens exist, but no, they don't visit us.
It's probable that aliens exist, but they are probably just bacteria or something, nothing that could ever visit here.
nearly every NASA astronaut has seen UFO's
even the american hero Buzz Aldrin has
nothing new really.
I think a certain old man is bored of not having the attention he wanted from walking on the moon. U.F.O's are common, there are many naturally occurring phenomena that are claimed to be evidence of alien visitors.

I have seen one myself, it was a red laser like dot in the sky that stayed still then shot off across the sky faster than any plane could, my rational explanation was it must have been space debris that burnt up on entry to the atmosphere and was heading in the direction I was looking, but then changed direction after entry or was deflected somehow. No I was not drunk, my mates didn't have a laser pen, and I was outside.

You have the military side of it too, they are constantly testing top secret aircraft and weapons, when someone spots them they won't admit that they were testing any aircraft in the area, its much better to let people think it was an alien spacecraft than to admit it was something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmSCyy0_OX4

http://atsmedia.cachefly.net/uploads/ats50496_B2_Bomber.jpg

http://www.mara.org.uk/Image9.gif

http://ufos.homestead.com/aurora.jpg

Also might want to check out the military laser technology, they have been using lasers as weapons for decades, even being able to get lasers to project on the moon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:PHASR_Rifle.jpg

The COIL...one word off a C&C weapon, but its real...

http://blog.800hightech.com/ai ... litary-laser-weapons/932/

You have to consider that military technology is often 20-30 years ahead of what we think it is, but they don't put most of it into the battlefield because it costs too much.
lol this might sound crazy but..

When I was something 3years old, in one night I went to get some sniffmedices.. Well my mom actually gave me.
I looked out of the window and saw nighthawk(http://op-for.com/nighthawk.jpg) looking thing. It stayed still so it couldn't be nighthawk.
then I said it to mom and she looked out of the window and it was gone, and yes this actually happened because my mom remembers this.
After two years or something I got some aircraft book where were those planes etc, then I saw that nighthawk and it remind me about what happened. Dunno if I were too tired and young and saw some strange things
i do believe that we are no alone.
i mean space is so HUGE that its just not possible.

but i do not believe that Alien has been to earth.
because why do they only land on USA but not any other country??
cmon.
It's a little arrogant to assume that we are the most advanced species in the entire universe. Alien visitations are plausible, but you would hope that by now (assuming they've been happening since the "sightings" began) some real evidence had been captured and publicised. It would immediately stand out against the countless hoaxes, in my opinion.
This guy's story is also plausible but where's the evidence? If it's true and you were going to do what he is doing, knowing you'd be making some very powerful enemies, you would have something substantial to show so that you're not dismissed as a crackpot and left isolated from everybody, public laughing at you, government doing god knows what to you- say goodbye to your privacy for the rest of your days.
Quote from durbster :He sounds like a reliable source. :alien2:

Anyone who's had to work with Government departments knows that they're in no way competent enough to organise cover-ups.

But all government workers say that which leads me to only 2 conclusions.
  1. The whole of the government are in some deep conspiricy cover ups, denying as vital links with alien worlds and more importantly....my jetpack (Bond had in years aga, surely they have perfected it now, and I think there is a jetpack for everyone under the foundations of Big Ben)
  2. or more worringly, the government are really really incomptent and have control of the big red button as well
When i was a kid.
I saw a UFO land in the bushes near my house.
If there is intelligent life in the universe that is more advanced than we are, they have probably got no need to leave their planet or solar system, and are clever enough to stay hidden from violent species like ourselfs. Many people, myself included, think its crazy to just broadcast our location into space, its like running into a cage of hungry tigers dressed as a zebra screaming "DO YOU WANT TO BE FRIENDS?!".
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :If there is intelligent life in the universe that is more advanced than we are, they have probably got no need to leave their planet or solar system, and are clever enough to stay hidden from violent species like ourselfs. Many people, myself included, think its crazy to just broadcast our location into space, its like running into a cage of hungry tigers dressed as a zebra screaming "DO YOU WANT TO BE FRIENDS?!".

Why would they be hostile?

Most of conflict are ressources or space driven. Ones you get a complete access to space it shoudn't be a problem anymore (unless if space is already overcrowded )

Conflicts can also be about beliefs. Hopefully there's not too much fanatical aliens outthere
#23 - aoun
I've seen a few aliens in LFS servers a few times.
Quote from Maelstrom :Why would they be hostile?

Most of conflict are ressources or space driven. Ones you get a complete access to space it shoudn't be a problem anymore (unless if space is already overcrowded )

Conflicts can also be about beliefs. Hopefully there's not too much fanatical aliens outthere

Well if they are at a stage where they can travel long distances through space, they might see us as we see bugs, a small pest that could potentially cause serious harm, so better to kill it than take the risk. Hopefully if aliens ever do visit the earth they will be a bit nicer than that, and hopefully we won't launch nukes at them.
#25 - JJ72
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :because why do they only land on USA but not any other country??
cmon.

Because they are friend with George Lucas.

Star Wars is a product placement campaign for the future.

(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG