The online racing simulator
Alien Contact Covered Up?
(89 posts, started )
Quote from Becky Rose :Actually a theoretical model of a faster than light space ship does exist, not just one either. We havnt/cant build any yet. The same is true for time travel, the theory appears sound, just not very practical.

There is no reason to assume faster than light travel is impossible. People thought 30mph would be impossible to beat once, then there was the speed of sound. Sure there will be problems, and a few Chuck Norris test pilots are going to die horrible and painful deaths just like when we broke the sound barrier, but it'll happen if we as a species don't blow ourselves up first.

Well travelling faster than light is impossible under the current relativity theory (which seems pretty solid now). Going at light speed would already require an infinite quantity of energy.

What we could do however is shortening the distance.

The universe also appear to be close. If you were going perfectly straight for a very long time you would come back exactly to the point where you came from. By going faster than light you'd probably get out whoever knows where
the one who mentioned faster than light wasnt posible, eisntin also talked of a way thorugh, wormholes

"While there is no observational evidence for wormholes, spacetimes-containing wormholes are known to be valid solutions in general relativity."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole
Quote from lerts :the one who mentioned faster than light wasnt posible, eisntin also talked of a way thorugh, wormholes

It's not going faster than light. It's taking a shortcut.
You see the difference there?
yes yes thats what i meant: relativity is two things:no faster than light speed and wormholes, most forgets the second
Quote :Well travelling faster than light is impossible under the current relativity theory

And moving faster than 30mph will peel your face off and your bones will crush.

There are also contrasting theories on this now - whichever you accept is valid is irrellevent because when practical and applicable technology reaches that point it will probably be some currently unknown theory that does it - but in theory it can be done with current technology but there is of course things we dont understand - like what happens when reaching light speed it's as unknown as the sound barrier was in the 40's-50's.

We know that speed relates to time also, and that the faster you go the slower time moves. At this point my brain stops working when I try to fathom out what might happen.
Quote from Becky Rose :And moving faster than 30mph will peel your face off and your bones will crush.

There are also contrasting theories on this now - whichever you accept is valid is irrellevent because when practical and applicable technology reaches that point it will probably be some currently unknown theory that does it - but in theory it can be done with current technology but there is of course things we dont understand - like what happens when reaching light speed it's as unknown as the sound barrier was in the 40's-50's.

We know that speed relates to time also, and that the faster you go the slower time moves. At this point my brain stops working when I try to fathom out what might happen.

From the point of view of the traveller it will appear to him that he is going much much faster than light even if he travel at 99.99% of light speed cause of the time distorsion. By getting closer he might see the whole life of the universe in one seconds and have crossed all the universe in that seconds.

Problem with light speed is that everything tends to the infinite. Time slowdown, energy involve, mass of the traveller but who knows
That's not true at all.

When you go faster than the speed of light your time remains the same. It is only from another reference point that the rate of time changes. Someone travelling at the speed of light for a week (travellers time) might return to earth to find that his twin brother is now 10 years older. Yet the travellers perception of time did not change (1 week), but neither did that of the brother, just that one's "week" was the other's "10 years".
*finishes reading an article on glueball theory*
I think i'll leave this to more intelligent people, but as a concept I just dont see why we should limit ourselves to what is possible. It's arrogant to believe we understand the universe when we've barely seen any of it.
Quote from Becky Rose :*finishes reading an article on glueball theory*
I think i'll leave this to more intelligent people, but as a concept I just dont see why we should limit ourselves to what is CURRENTLY possible. It's arrogant to believe we understand the universe when we've barely seen any of it.

Indeed, we should not. And we most probably are not, it's just that the alternatives either haven't been thought of, or aren't in a state for public consumption just yet. The side effect of this is that it gives lonely individuals a chance to come up conspiracy theories without any knowledge of a subject (e.g. engineering/science discussions about 11/9 without actually understanding the first thing about science or engineering).

Area 51 could just as likely be a place for passive (as in peaceful) engineering solutions to space exploration problems as it is about making clever weapons systems to destroy people in turbans or ushankas
Perhapse area 51 is where they force nascar fans to go round and round in a circle but instead of going left they have to go right thus reversing the polarity of the earth.
So far, the standard human reaction when encountering some other species was to (1) kill them and, optionally, (2) eat them. We should be glad that the aliens haven't visited us yet.
but what if they taste really good? imagine a species of aliens that tastes like chocolate and grows back any limbs you chew off... would be absolutely brilliant and wed be completely missing out if they dont visit
Mmmmhhh chocolate aliens... Am I a racist if I like white chocolate better, with nuts?
Egyptians are aliens... how a human can do those pyramids like that and without machines?
Mayans too
Quote from Hyperactive :Mmmmhhh chocolate aliens... Am I a racist if I like white chocolate better, with nuts?

im pretty sure that makes you a homosexual white supremacist... possibly with a milk enema fetish
lerts ruind this thread with his drugs and his stupid 'being high dreams'
i literally reckon its just a migit dressed in a little suit.. ild belive that more than if they even had proof of the UFO's
I have a question. Why would any alien choose to come to our planet? I mean really. The things we do to each other and the planet, why would you want to become a part of that voluntarily?

And let's be honest, if they're smart enough to have mastered interstellar flight then I'm pretty sure they're also smart enough to avoid either crash landing or our meagre technology detecting them.
Once I thought an alien had landed in my soup but then I realised it was a bogey.
Quote from Dajmin :I have a question. Why would any alien choose to come to our planet? I mean really. The things we do to each other and the planet, why would you want to become a part of that voluntarily?

And let's be honest, if they're smart enough to have mastered interstellar flight then I'm pretty sure they're also smart enough to avoid either crash landing or our meagre technology detecting them.

Wouldn't you wish to visit another planet, for curiosity's sake if nothing else? It would be a little like a wildlife safari. I agree with the second paragraph, but also, why would you care unless you were there to study or infiltrate undetected?
Quote from chanoman315 :Watch this, and if an actual human can do this in reality... he's the master, but no one can...

Get enough people working on it and it can be done; obviously. I mean, there they are, done - built. There are impressive structures all around the world - some of them gigantic monolithic constructions made in times undocumented by people whacking at rocks with other rocks, like the stuff in Malta, but there's nothing magical about them when you apply some reason to it - given manpower, time and dedication it can be done. Impressive yes, impossible no.

I mean really, what did the average Mayan have going for him that was so pressing he couldn't haul a big rock up a slope for his beloved god, who made sure he didn't die in an imaginative and painful way unless the high priest said so?
I agree with lerts... it was solid rock, even machines fall today with excesive weight, and we are talking 500 years ago - 1000 years even bC.
The calculation of the year was EXACT, and they had nothing!
IMO they were aliens...that's why they mysteriously dissapeared

Alien Contact Covered Up?
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG