The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Jertje :Any of you guys in the next Solstice vs Legends race? 13:00 gmt that is.
I have 20 minutes more to practice with the legends car before chaos starts, hoping to see some familiar faces

I'm there. No practice though :P Which car is the favorite - anyone know btw?

My name is Armin Penner
Quote from Crommi :Here's my Legends Laguna Seca set, I used the road setup as a base and balanced it out quite a bit. Brakes could some tweaking but should get you started.

Just had my first ever Adv Legends race and finished third. Al thanks to you great set :woohoo:

The race was great, the Pontiacs were slow though...

http://members.iracing.com/mem ... d=129859&custid=17411
I had a boring, hot race :P
Finished 4th, but I think half of the drivers retired way before the race ended - I'll try practicing a bit for Silverstone, but with the current weather here it's too hot to be gripping a steering wheel longer than an hour
I just realized since I'm having so much fun I went on and bought all the missing 13th week stuff and all missing road racing stuff... Did I say bought? I meant rented... Now, where do I get the radical setupd ???
Radical is just unbelievable, it's just so rewarding to drive on the limit and makes awesome racing too. Just finished a race on 2nd position and clocked a new Silverstone PB of 01:47.784

For radical, drop rear wing by 1-2 clicks, increase rear tire pressure, increase rear bump damping and soften front suspension just a bit.
Quote from Crommi :Radical is just unbelievable, it's just so rewarding to drive on the limit and makes awesome racing too. Just finished a race on 2nd position and clocked a new Silverstone PB of 01:47.784

As soon as the downloading completes, I'm gonna join you

Quote from Crommi :
For radical, drop rear wing by 1-2 clicks, increase rear tire pressure, increase rear bump damping and soften front suspension just a bit.

That's all Chinese for me. Never been a setup man. Could you send it to me? armin.penner@gmail.com I would appreciate it a great deal

P.S. Historic formulas and GT's in Silverstone today live (look at Motors TV)
Here's the Radical Silverstone set.
It's still bit "work-in-progress" but much better than default set, I think. (atleast for me)

Here's a video to go with it, didn't push too hard but gives you some idea of the driving lines.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZzJiVP5Mg0

Edit: Updated and now it's much more loose without being difficult to drive.
Attached files
SK_SilverstoneGP.rar - 1.1 KB - 165 views
Quote from Crommi :Here's my Legends Laguna Seca set, I used the road setup as a base and balanced it out quite a bit. Brakes could some tweaking but should get you started.

That set says SK? Not legends?
Quote from jasonmatthews :That set says SK? Not legends?

SK = My initials, helps to separate setups from many different people, such as avoiding those with "GH" infront when I'm already struggling with oversteer
Quote from Jertje :I'll try practicing a bit for Silverstone, but with the current weather here it's too hot to be gripping a steering wheel longer than an hour

Get one of these then, you wimp :

KLICK
Right now I'm having another problem. I go on TEST, then chose the car and track and then there's no way to start the test? Theres only a red button saying Updates Required. I click on that and it says beside the list of updates that they are already downloaded. I click on update again just in case and it says download complete in less then half a second . Any idea's on what's up?
Thanks for the set Crommi. Got 1.41.74 but no idea if that is good as there are no stats to compare against
Quote from jasonmatthews :Thanks for the set Crommi. Got 1.41.74 but no idea if that is good as there are no stats to compare against

Is that for Laguna Seca, if so that's damn quick.
Quote from Crommi :Is that for Laguna Seca, if so that's damn quick.

Yes laguna sec. Got 1.42.1 using normal road set then tried yours and got that time.
Yep tried FireFox 3 but still doesn't work. I explained it a bit more.

Here's what I posted just now :

I just tried with Firefox 3 and it still doesn't work. It downloads and there's the automaticly install checked and then once it's done downloading the DONE button goes on but the installation bar at the top of the website is still at 50%. Then i click done and it says installation aborted. That's after the download bar goes to 100% :S
I used my dad's credit card and sent a message to support to change my name but it wasn't done yet so I don't think that is the problem? It's still under my dad's name. The one which is shown on his credit card. :S
Make sure that you don't have any Firefox addons causing problems, such as anti-malware scripts.
I just got firefox 3 so there's no addons. I dissabled the security things and all but still nothing. It says there's 2 updates. 1 that's 0 Mb and one that's 22 mb. :S I'm scared that the one that says 0 is actually supposed to have more then that.

0 Patcher Software and Data v2008.07.23.02 downloaded
22 System Software and Data v2008.07.23.02 downloaded

That's what it says when I click on the update required button. Is there a way to manually install updates which were downloaded?
Yeah i had similar problems when updating/starting. My problem came with Zone alarm, it wasn't allowing the iracing program access to the net to update/finish.

I wish I could tell you what I did, but I randomly changed settings/clicked buttons and it eventually worked
Quote from StableX :what sort of system have you got to be able to run the game (oops, it's a SIM yar!) with that sort of resolution :O

Pentium D 3.4ghz 1066 FSB
2gb RAM
8800GT 512mb
30" Dell monitor (makes anything look good).

What's good with that resolution is that you don't need to run 16x AA/AF to make everything look good.

@People asking about setups: http://www.sim-chassis.com/ << This place works wonders.
I've found it best to check club forums for setups and try to find a person who's driving style and setup fits you best. I've had much success with Ross McGregor's road setups and Huttu's oval sets (his road setups are rather oversteery but usually softening rear-ARB does the trick)

Found quite cool example of how far they've gone with all the little details, on Silverstone T1 "Copse" runoff area there's these little rows of water drain holes textured into tarmac which you can actually hear when you drive over them. (Yes, I have sometimes trouble staying away from those runoff zones)

Edit: Still have to add that I've never felt such an excitement in racing sim that what I've had racing Radicals with big grid. First lap in middle of 20 car pack is scary as hell, especially the section from T1 to T6. There's cars everywhere and you need 100% focus, fast reflexes and truckload of good luck. On last start I went dropped to ~12th on first corner but was already 3rd in middle of "Maggots". No idea how it happened, tho
Quote from PMD9409 :Pentium D 3.4ghz 1066 FSB
2gb RAM
8800GT 512mb
30" Dell monitor (makes anything look good).

What's good with that resolution is that you don't need to run 16x AA/AF to make everything look good.

@People asking about setups: http://www.sim-chassis.com/ << This place works wonders.

good to know. Yeah, you have a nice GFX card. I struggle with my 7800 GTX
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG