The online racing simulator
LFSTweak, almost there :D
(85 posts, closed, started )
Hi all

I'm busy figuring out all the memory addresses for LFSTweak, but I have one problem, and it's a big one for releasing it...

The license protection system...

As you can see, I am a demoracer, and just have 1 variable, that I am a demoracer. How can I figure out what kind of license is in use?

It would make many people happy afaik

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

edit: It is in VB6

edit 2: Because I am having many views and no replies, here's some proof:

http://thuis.beerkeeper.nl/pics/proof.jpg
Im not very interested into a such programe... but im interested to see your VB code!

Im hurry you make it OpenSource! if you do...

On this i witch you good luck with your project! see ya!
The same method you use to make the tweaks work should be sufficient. It's just a case of reading, not overwriting.
Quote from the_angry_angel :The same method you use to make the tweaks work should be sufficient. It's just a case of reading, not overwriting.

And there is the problem, I have only one option: Demo user. So I need to find out what the other two are, to get the licensecheck working.
[OT] This thread was posted on my birthday! [OT]

Anyways you could buy S2, enter a competition, or greatly help the community and in return someone might buy you a S1 \ S2 voucher.
Quote from Greenseed :Im not very interested into a such programe... but im interested to see your VB code!

Im hurry you make it OpenSource! if you do...

On this i witch you good luck with your project! see ya!

I have some source for vb.NET and VB6, but I'm not really sure what you're after? Its all pretty easy stuff to do, google some stuff on ReadProcessMemory and WriteProcessMemory and you'll pretty much have what you need.

The only annoying and boring bit is probably digging through LFS finding values that actually do something It gets boring fast...
He want's to know where the memory vales are for Demo vs S1 vs S2. If you could make a program that will give you a memory dump I see no problem running that on my computer (I don't think it would be able to steal my password for the unlock system).
Why bother? There's already a tweak for Z
#9 - Sm0k3
I have the file, but its infected with a trojan, so I don't use/share

Continue with your VB6 project
can you relese the demo beta for demo users?
Quote from chavm481 :can you relese the demo beta for demo users?

Yeah , and lets demo drivers use oval and bf1
Quote from Inouva :Yeah , and lets demo drivers use oval and bf1

(-.-)... why cant i afford a s2 license, cause i don't have the money!!!
Quote from chavm481 :(-.-)... why cant i afford a s2 license, cause i don't have the money!!!

Everybody has money, even I, just bought it yesterday.

CRUISING IS FUN
#15 - Jakg
Quote from chavm481 :(-.-)... why cant i afford a s2 license, cause i don't have the money!!!

Then get a bloody job - i'm 17 and yesterday I earned enough for an S2 license and 13,000 hi-res skins...
i can not wait until this is done! keep up the good work this will make many people happy
Quote :CRUISING IS FUN

Dont ever Say that
Everyone has their own tastes.
I really hope u figure out what value to use.. would be nice to play around with a new version of the program :P make sure u do it bug free too
#20 - Byku
Ask Bob ;>. He knows a lot about tweakers propably .
ill get the s1 then s2 later just need a 1mon th jub, min wqage and 1hr a day should do it
Yea have a talk with bob. Imagine the tweak you could create if all th coders worked together
Agreed, everyone making seperate little programs to do the same thing seems a bit pointless, especially when they all have to be sent to me for checking anyway, and the licence checking is usually inadequate.

I'd happily be up for a joint collaboration (in fact I had several people help me with my work anyway), although it's not really more programmers that are needed, just people to find where things have moved to in memory, and how the structure has changed, from patch to patch - which is exactly what's putting me off finishing off mine. A small, closed "mod team", as it were, could work well in this regard.

Quote from Greenseed :Im hurry you make it OpenSource! if you do...

If anyone publishes the code for it, such code cannot contain the licence checking code, else a workaround could be made very easily, or somebody would just strip it out and recompile the program.
i have never made a program exept simple system errors
Quote from chavm481 :i have never made a program exept simple system errors

back in the gymnasium, i did some programming (C++, java, asp and php). but i dont remember getting any syserrors :P

i´d love to contribute to the advancing of lfstweak, but dunno how tbh :/
This thread is closed

(85 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG