The online racing simulator
A new meaning to drifting
(203 posts, started )
CRAZY_IVAN:Same old story.. The same start like"who000jh00h0 d0riftorzZ rul3zzz!!! Racing suxxx!"

Have you even read the first post? I never said that so why are you suggesting that?
i bet there is no "racer" who is not drifting sometimes - it is just something that happens if you drive at the limit.
also i bet there is no drifter that would not benefit from racing techiques like heal and toe.

in the end we all are here because we like to move virtual cars in the best simulated environment that is available at the moment.
one thing that helps us all is to accept the fact that there are different tastes - otherwise we all would only drive the bf1 on the oval, because this is the "fastest" - there are diferent cars and different tracks so we can use our steering wheels for more than one direction...

if i ever meet one of the rude people of this topic on a server i bet they also have no racing etiquette... all of them are just intolerant. what are they doing in a blue flag situation? swear at the faster guys?

to understand drifters a little more look at the video "drift bible" maybe then you see that it needs a lot of driving skills to move a car in any driving situation near the limit!

peace mo
Quote from molocco :i bet there is no "racer" who is not drifting sometimes - it is just something that happens if you drive at the limit.
also i bet there is no drifter that would not benefit from racing techiques like heal and toe.

in the end we all are here because we like to move virtual cars in the best simulated environment that is available at the moment.
one thing that helps us all is to accept the fact that there are different tastes - otherwise we all would only drive the bf1 on the oval, because this is the "fastest" - there are diferent cars and different tracks so we can use our steering wheels for more than one direction...

if i ever meet one of the rude people of this topic on a server i bet they also have no racing etiquette... all of them are just intolerant. what are they doing in a blue flag situation? swear at the faster guys?

to understand drifters a little more look at the video "drift bible" maybe then you see that it needs a lot of driving skills to move a car in any driving situation near the limit!

peace mo

This may be one of the best posts I have ever seen on this forum, keep up the good work .
Quote from BAMBO :CRAZY_IVAN:Same old story.. The same start like"who000jh00h0 d0riftorzZ rul3zzz!!! Racing suxxx!"

Have you even read the first post? I never said that so why are you suggesting that?

I have read the hole topic.. and i saw same replys like in the topic "Why racers hate Drifters"

You just open the old wound of LFS racers and drifters

I read that People are comparing Drift with Swimming again, that amount of drifters are taking above.. etc etc

I wanna say one thing:
I bought License because LFS has the best car Physics in the hole world. Most of my time I drift.. but i also like to do some racing(touge is the thing i do like to do), grip, and timeattack

So thats all i wanna say about this..
Jeez, I don't like drifters, it's a personal thing, but suggesting that all drift and cruise servers be taken down is slightly harsh, eh?

Kirmy: Turn off the cruise filter, then you won't see cruise servers :doh:
Taking down those servers would be a stupid thing. Both "drifters" and "racers" are part of the community, the majority. If every server were simliar to CTRA, I'd never go on. I'd be scared to pop up and drive aggressively, hit someone, and get yelled at for driving at my limit... so drifting is a nice way of doing things.
So many sugary adjectives just to describe a way of driving. @_@
drifting is fine its just all these drift noobs. the pro drifters are fine but these drift noobs with there ricer skins i mean the design dudes skins are good but the others are just... just.... horrible.
and they are like 'yo wuz up lets go slidewayz'
Kirmy, sorry to say that, and i didn't want to do it, but you are a complete idiot.
Because people like you [close minded] there are wars,because they think "Only muslims must live......kill jews" etc.
LFS is a simulator with best physics, so what's the difference between racing and drifting? It's same great physics. And no - there is no game/simulator that is close to it. You are probably a child who never felt it even in real life, so how can you talk?
Get real, and let the people do what they want,if they don't disturb you.

As my grandfather said: "If you think it's bad - it's not, it's just YOU that don't like it".
Peace!
Quote from sanderman2000 :
As my grandfather said: "If you think it's bad - it's not, it's just YOU that don't like it".
Peace!

Hes right thats why i dont like drifting servers, i appreciate your views, but i would also appreciate not being called an idiot, i can like whatever i want to, and if that means i dont like drifting then i wont like drifting, get over it mate, i dont like drifting, you do, lets agree to disagree

where the hell are the mods, this thread should have been closed yday
I like to think of myself as a Racer , but I do enjoy a drift session every once in a while. I'm glad there are drift servers in LFS, so that when I do feel like drifting, I can do so with others.

I have a lot of respect for good drifters, just like I have a lot of respect for good racers. Because to get good at either; it requires lots of skill and practice.
Thank you,Kirmy. Actually i expected another reply )
Yeah, sure we agree to disagree, its fine
May i ask you for something? Just for interest...
I dunno how old are you, and what you drive,if you do, but:
just try, take a "spin" with some real good drifter, where you don't afraid and just feel how it is.Maybe u'll not like,maybe you will...
It's the only way to start liking or keep disliking it
Maximum - you'll still think what you think.

Anyways, we are all crazy over cars,racing and pure performance.
These "light drifters" are pathetic, agree. Same as street "ricers" at night with big exhaust and Neon lights. This F&F children who think they are cool.

You won't belive,but for me love to drifting start in age 3, when i asked parents if they want,that car will slide now. Funny.
Drifting is like to control the uncontrolable,when you are not in grip and not sliding away. But nevermind...
We are friends and CTRA is a great Battle Field, where we enjoy racing each other.
Some rappers hate opera music, and vice versa.

But the matter of fact, you need to put time into either rapping or opera to be good. Same thing goes for racing and drifting. So it doesn't matter if you are a drifter or racer, If you like drifting go drift on servers and get the nicest lines running stable, and consistent. Like racing? Go practice you lines, stop points, clipping, whatever is that you need to work on and get the best lap time!

To be good at one thing you need to practice, doesn't matter what it is.

To come in and say that drifting is stupid and doesnt require skill, or same about racing..
you sir, or ma`am, are very ignorant and foolish.
Quote from BAMBO :As you all know the drifting community has never been appreciated by the LFS community

Drifters are so unappreciated, they don't even appreciate themselves?
Damn, that's bad..
Quote from kirmy :there are plenty of different race servers offering many different combos, im sure boredom would not be any part of it, i just cannot see the point of drifting on lfs

I always used to think it was wrong in that the wheel would try and wind on lock when you'd start spinning when I first started playing LFS and trying to race, and usually unsuccessfully racing the RWD cars in S1. A little trip to a skidpan in real life proved that it was correct though... And after a skidpan day where I was sliding a car around and figuring out throttle and steering inputs... I figured it all out for LFS and realised that the game was correct.

It's already been said, but LFS has about the best physics of any of the simulators out there that offer anywhere near decent force feedback support.. You can't even consider need for speed for drifting, as its force feedback support has always been weak as anything.

The fact you can set your car up nicely, about the only thing you can't do in S2 that you could in S1 was have like 45 degrees of lock, hehe.

I have the XRT set up pretty much exactly like my real life car, with 12kg springs front, 8kg rear, 2 way diff etc, and the same setup for toe/camber etc, and it's very scarily close to drifting my car in real life, only thing really different is the wheel in real life turns a lot more for full lock, and my silvia has more steering lock in real life than I can achieve in the game.

Just for a completely random fact, two drifters in the Drift Australia series (http://www.driftaustralia.com.au), in fact, the two people LEADING the series, Luke Fink and Leighton Fine, are known to drift around in LFS from time to time...

I don't know whether people drifting in LFS has had a result in that people who want to do serious racing have left the game entirely,as I've found in most of my time when racing/drifting around that drifters tend to keep to their own servers (well, the Aussies do anyway) so as to not accidentally prang people as a result of lag etc, but I suppose it's possible.

I always got more annoyed at some random idiot deciding 'hey, driving backwards on this course while racing will be more fun and prang into people head on', whether I was racing or drifting.

I have to wonder if the more serious racers have moved on to a game like GTR2 or even rFactor, due to there being lots of mods out for them and being able to drive many many real life cars, most of them with nice models and good physics if it's been put together by a good team.

That is not to say that the LFS models or physics are no good, I mean no disrespect at all. If I thought the physics were bad, I wouldn't drift in LFS!

There's one kind of track that I think has been lacking from LFS, and that is a seriously good hillclimb. There's the right kinds of cars in the game for it, with the LX cars, the MRT5, etc, that I think it'd be quite a good track.

That, and I'm sure it'd make a fun drift track as well, both up and downhill... It just needs to be about 2 or so km long, and it'd be fun. Heck, maybe even a hillclimb complex with different tracks! (Now I'm hoping, lol)

I'll end on one thing - tards in any form of driving, be it drifting, cruising, racing, etc, ruin the game for everyone, and I agree there's a lot more idiots in drifting because it's seen as cool. I think drifting is cool, it's good fun and it's basically entertainment on wheels, much like monster trucks. Hopefully I don't fall into that idiots category though!
OH_NOES

Somebuddy took flamewar to serious
Nope, just decided to make a valid and to the point post. Heck, the past 3 times I've looked in on this forum (about 6 months apart each), there always seems to be the same thread. Hehe.
Quote from [plidex] mateo :i think that "normal" or "grip" racing is the most beautiful way to go from "A" to "B", and also the fastest i mean, what is more beautiful than watching a perfect hotlap? a car going sideways and making smoke? i don't think so

Whatever the style (drifting/driving/racing). This is never beautiful. Racing/drifting can be fun yes, it's entertaining, but it's not an art.

You don't drive fast to create a piece of art, you do it because you like pushing harder and harder at the limit, you do it because you like speed, you do it because you like measuring yourself to others. The same thing apply to drifting. No drifter does it as an art form. They do it because they like the sensation to be at the edge and try to do better than the others. That's all.

The difference between drifters and racers are not in the aesthetic. The difference is only in the way each others are measured and how they battle. Racers measure themselves with a chronometer and a start/finish line, drifters measure themselves with the subjective judgement of people on the side of the track.

Racers/Drifters are gladiators, not maestros or poets. And that stupid new topic prove how we all are bad poets.
Quote from Tomi :Whatever the style (drifting/driving/racing). This is never beautiful. Racing/drifting can be fun yes, it's entertaining, but it's not an art.

You don't drive fast to create a piece of art, you do it because you like pushing harder and harder at the limit, you do it because you like speed, you do it because you like measuring yourself to others. The same thing apply to drifting. No drifter does it as an art form. They do it because they like the sensation to be at the edge and try to do better than the others. That's all.

The difference between drifters and racers are not in the aesthetic. The difference is only in the way each others are measured and how they battle. Racers measure themselves with a chronometer and a start/finish line, drifters measure themselves with the subjective judgement of people on the side of the track.

Racers/Drifters are gladiators, not maestros or poets. And that stupid new topic prove how we all are bad poets.

Think about it again...
Get to the professional level of each and tell us that it's not an Art.
Imho, while the skills are getting higher than a physical reflexes,that come from 5 senses - it starts to be an Art...6th sense. Dunno how to explain it.
Aliens will understand me
Mm, I much rather see kids drifting learning loads about car control and dynamics which they'll use the rest of their motoring lives, then people racing XFG's and FXO's forever not learning anything.
These d0riftz0rtzz!2! might end up safe drivers as they get into racing later, get on a motorbike in real life, get in a skid in real life, etc.
The nice thing about a simulator like LFS is that you can practise and learn about driving and car dynamics under the most extreme of conditions without risking car or life.
Quote from Wasknijper :Mm, I much rather see kids drifting learning loads about car control and dynamics which they'll use the rest of their motoring lives, then people racing XFG's and FXO's forever not learning anything.
These d0riftz0rtzz!2! might end up safe drivers as they get into racing later, get on a motorbike in real life, get in a skid in real life, etc.
The nice thing about a simulator like LFS is that you can practise and learn about driving and car dynamics under the most extreme of conditions without risking car or life.

Very correct ! Because it doesn't matter if you are a Racer with FWD,AWD or RWD car - there are still understeer and oversteer situations [in real life too], and it's a great skill to know how to control it.
I remember times when i get my DFP on 900 degrees and started Racing without knowing to control the slide - so Races were fun, but each serious oversteer or Bump from rear caused ending up the Race by spin or wall crash.
It's already said enough on this topic...
The more and the better you know - the safer you are.
Quote from sanderman2000 :Think about it again...
Get to the professional level of each and tell us that it's not an Art.
Imho, while the skills are getting higher than a physical reflexes,that come from 5 senses - it starts to be an Art...6th sense. Dunno how to explain it.
Aliens will understand me

Sorry but with such a stupid idea, all high levels athletes would be artists. They are not.That 6th sense thing is just a bad way to say you sucks compared to them. But this has nothing to do with extra powers.
Quote from BAMBO :The drifter would be the figure skaters.

Ice dancers would be a better analogy. However, syncrhonized swimming rates up there also as an analogy to drifting.

There are few activities that seem to appeal to almost everyone. The rest of them have a limited audience, although some activities have much more limited appeal than others. For example, how popular are sim-oriented racing games compared to first person shooters? How popular is any game versus posting in forums like this one?
Quote from Drunken Predator :The first post was far more reasonable, polite and nicely written than any of the replies. Keep up the good attitude!
Dont let the "we are here to say you suck because we dont think alike"
guys which this forum is loaded with to take ya down..
Being open minded is a good thing!

(i aint no drifter either.. but its fun to go sideways )

I can't be arsed to read the thread. I guess it's just full of more bickering as was the first page expect few posts - one quoted here for a reminder.

This used to be much more friendly place :doh:
When people say drifting Isnit an art, they should try driting perfectly with no training. I think it is an art because people chase perfection but not unfruitlessly, they have fun and they should be acepted just as normal racers.

Oh and here's a question, why is Drift unappreciated and Drag is fine?

A new meaning to drifting
(203 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG