Project Nurburgring
(246 posts, started )
I would like to get nürbrurgring in lfs.. But the thing is that devs are not gonna create one. That's for 100% sure.

I think they're not gonna make a real track ever :F
Honestly, I don't think they should.

Something of similar nature would be awesome though. Case in point, there's a hillclimb track thread I've been watching - something narrow and twisty with lots of elevation change, and a mid-3 minute average lap in a TBO car, would be incredible.

Just a personal thought though. I feel that would be an excellent way to make great use of LFS' physics and suspension tuning depth.
#204 - Dac
+1. i really do hope this happens. most people obviously want it to. i wouldnt care if hacks got out and rubbish tracks got made because LFS fans would only want to play the official ones anyway!
The Nordschleife's pretty, yes, but I think, it wouldnt fit in LFS. I think it wouldnt provide an LFSihs feeling driving there.
#206 - Dac
Quote from Stefani24 :The Nordschleife's pretty, yes, but I think, it wouldnt fit in LFS. I think it wouldnt provide an LFSihs feeling driving there.

i actually thought of that. perhaps the track is too thin and doesnt leave as much room to lay down traditional track driving techniques as weve come to like with tracks like Aston.
Quote from Dac :i actually thought of that. perhaps the track is too thin and doesnt leave as much room to lay down traditional track driving techniques as weve come to like with tracks like Aston.

Excuses, excuses

You don't have to use it if you don't want to
#208 - Dac
Quote from g7usl :Excuses, excuses

You don't have to use it if you don't want to

i didnt say i dont want it. just that it "may" not be as good of a racing track as we would have thought. especially as there are few if any overtaking points. i can see very easily it turning into carnage as one driver spins off and bounces from barrier to barrier taking out others in the process. theres no run offs or gravel traps to stop the car doing this like there is at Aston etc.

on the plus side i can see it giving a good sense of speed and making for some pretty challenging and demanding hotlaps. also learning the circuit would be good for when people do actually make their pilgrimage to Germany i think it will also attract more people to the game.

all in all people have to be prepared that its more of a novelty track than anything else.
I feel that people like Jim Clark, James Hunt and Dan Gurney to name just a few, would not agree with anything that you have said.

They always managed to get around without crashing or taking people out because it requires a higher level of concentration than racing on the billiard table types of circuits that you mention?

Ask yourself how many people have raced in the Isle of Man for both the TT and Manx GP races and lived to tell the tale.

Like every circuit, you go as fast as the track will allow you to, to exceed that margin is careless and just plain stupid.
#210 - Dac
Quote from g7usl :I feel that people like Jim Clark, James Hunt and Dan Gurney to name just a few, would not agree with anything that you have said.

They always managed to get around without crashing or taking people out because it requires a higher level of concentration than racing on the billiard table types of circuits that you mention?

Ask yourself how many people have raced in the Isle of Man for both the TT and Manx GP races and lived to tell the tale.

Like every circuit, you go as fast as the track will allow you to, to exceed that margin is careless and just plain stupid.

exactly correct and you only support my argument. how many online racers have the skill level of Jim Clark and co? pretty much none. most people cant even make it through T1 let alone T50 on a tight cirtcuit where nobody can overtake but just follow the tail, blocking others off. its a recipe for disaster. and what about lag? if one person lags everybody behind them is finished.

im not arguing that it cannot be raced on. clearly it is raced on! what were saying is that it wont make for good/fair sim racing.
Quote from g7usl :Ask yourself how many people have raced in the Isle of Man for both the TT and Manx GP races and lived to tell the tale.

Quite a lot actually.
I'd love to tear down the ring in LFS, and i would donate to the people developing the possibility.
Quote from Rustic-Imposter :I'd love to tear down the ring in LFS, and i would donate to the people developing the possibility.

Same here, i would love to see this in lfs, maybe we could pursuade the developers to make it...
Quote from CharlieW5025 :Same here, i would love to see this in lfs, maybe we could pursuade the developers to make it...

m2, would be damnn nice.. My favourite track in the world is nürbrurgring
Well, what more encouragement do you need Scawen?
Quote from Dac :i didnt say i dont want it. just that it "may" not be as good of a racing track as we would have thought. especially as there are few if any overtaking points. i can see very easily it turning into carnage as one driver spins off and bounces from barrier to barrier taking out others in the process. theres no run offs or gravel traps to stop the car doing this like there is at Aston etc.

on the plus side i can see it giving a good sense of speed and making for some pretty challenging and demanding hotlaps. also learning the circuit would be good for when people do actually make their pilgrimage to Germany i think it will also attract more people to the game.

all in all people have to be prepared that its more of a novelty track than anything else.

Actually i think that THATS why the ring is "different". it has its own feel, and thats why i think soo many people like it., it and the fact that it has more than 20km of track. I see NO reason to NOT make it in LFS at ALL, OTHER than i hardly see it happening thought.
Quote from Dalek0220 :Fricken hell, I would kill Micheal Schumacher's dad just to get ONE LAP on the 'Ring in LFS.

I'll let him know so, he can keep a look over his shoulder
#219 - Dac
Quote from Calvinaquino :Actually i think that THATS why the ring is "different". it has its own feel, and thats why i think soo many people like it., it and the fact that it has more than 20km of track. I see NO reason to NOT make it in LFS at ALL, OTHER than i hardly see it happening thought.

WOW. your capitalizing of words only seems to strengthen your opinion.
Quote from Dac :i actually thought of that. perhaps the track is too thin and doesnt leave as much room to lay down traditional track driving techniques as weve come to like with tracks like Aston.

Relative to LFS, nords is way too thin. But if you look at it from the other side, LFS's tracks are WAY too wide.

p.s. id rather wait for rain and night racing before nords.
(hides from bananas)
Quote from Rustic-Imposter :I'd love to tear down the ring in LFS, and i would donate to the people developing the possibility.

I'm too! It can be like an extra bonus track for S2. If you want to drive you has to buy, like in iRacing, 15$ is ok?
Quote from Napalm Candy :I'm too! It can be like an extra bonus track for S2. If you want to drive you has to buy, like in iRacing, 15$ is ok?

No! charging for the ring will put me off. If it came with S3 (God knows when it'll come out) Then it'll probably be worth it.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :No! charging for the ring will put me off. If it came with S3 (God knows when it'll come out) Then it'll probably be worth it.

if money puts you off of the ring, then you arent a true racing fan and dont deserve to race anything
Quote from MijnWraak :if money puts you off of the ring, then you arent a true racing fan and dont deserve to race anything

Watch out, that might come across as an anti-demo-user-opinion! :P

To the topic: as much as I lived to drive on the ring, I doubt it'll ever see the light of day, at least as long as there isn't mod support (which I am against BTW :P )

Also, I don't think it would be too narrow for LfS, and I don't really see a problem racing on it other than the field spreading on the first half of the first lap and making everyone hotlapping.
Also, at least in those racing games I have which feature the ring, I personally had most fun trying to master it all by myself, even though I am not a hotlapper and generally find driving alone dull.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Watch out, that might come across as an anti-demo-user-opinion! :P

To the topic: as much as I lived to drive on the ring, I doubt it'll ever see the light of day, at least as long as there isn't mod support (which I am against BTW :P )

Also, I don't think it would be too narrow for LfS, and I don't really see a problem racing on it other than the field spreading on the first half of the first lap and making everyone hotlapping.
Also, at least in those racing games I have which feature the ring, I personally had most fun trying to master it all by myself, even though I am not a hotlapper and generally find driving alone dull.

Well, for normal pick-up racing with a very spread-out skill level it would soon become a hotlapping style "fight the track, not the man", but it would REALLY shine in endurance, mixed-class racing...

Project Nurburgring
(246 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG