The online racing simulator
Project Nurburgring
(246 posts, started )
Project Nurburgring
Some say they wouldn't want Nurburgring, however 90% of the LFS world would murder for it.

I think that somehow we should start a project to get this track into LFS. There are many willing developers out there I'm sure, and if money is an issue I can't imagine how many thousand of people would donate even a simple 10 dollars.

1) What does everyone think?
2) If it'll cost money to have the rights to use it, what would that be?
3) If you'd be willing to be a part of this project or atleast talk about maybe having it someday, please post.

Nurburgring may be long, intense, and big for LFS drivers. But, think of the simulation! This would truely be an intensly exciting way to test the inner workings of LFS's simulation capabilities.

AND: As well as a chance for all of us racers, drifters, F1 drivers, and wanna be's, to finally practice the legend of nurburgring at home! Who knows, maybe we can beat some world records?
I second that !

Ever since I tried the by my opinion, lesser game Toca Race Driver 3,
I've wanted to practice the entire Nurburgring. I live in norway,
so it's pretty easy for me to take a car there !

Like iSkewl said, I'd murder for this !!
as well as donate money if it turns out there is a lisence issue at hand.
Pfft i can race this track in other games. I would rather race some new top quality fantasy tracks that Eric designs.
#4 - wark
Right. All we need is something similar to die nordschleife. Who says it can't be better? Only thing it would lack is nostalgia.
Quote from iSkewl :Some say they wouldn't want Nurburgring, however 90% of the LFS world would murder for it.

Make it ~25% and your post makes sense.
Quote from GeForz :Make it ~25% and your post makes sense.

raced with my bike there once u really should expect the 90% if u ever raced the track in RL :P

+1 from me

+1 to a similar fantasy track in nbr-style from eric

edit: i forgot, EUROSPEEDWAY was also nice
I am also one of those who would rather see Eric's mind on making a track similar to the Nordschleife. Just because i wouldn't really like to see another game wanting to get attention by adding the ring into their track collection.

On the other hand, if Eric wouldn't mind spending a few years on making it perfect then I'm all for it. If u can't make a perfect real world track, then why bother in the 1st place?

So basically -1 from me. I'd rather murder someone for actually getting a V.I.P pass to the Ring not a copy of it in a computer game.

just my 2 cents
I'd rather have a few "hotlaps" with Sabine Schmit
Quote from Hankstar :I'd rather have a few "hotlaps" with Sabine Schmit

Are you sure about that? She's rather old now.
Back when she was young she looked alright, though.

edit: oh yeah, add me to that 90%!
The Problem is SONY has all rights of the Nordschleife! So Scawen is not allowed to bring it.
This game has plenty of exposure to people in Germany, why can't you all take over Nordschleife and demand track data!!!

Anyways, I agree to these latter quotes:
Quote from sil3ntwar :Pfft i can race this track in other games. I would rather race some new top quality fantasy tracks that Eric designs.

Quote from wark :Right. All we need is something similar to die nordschleife. Who says it can't be better? Only thing it would lack is nostalgia.

#12 - joen
there we go again.
track licensing would cost thousands and thousands of dollars. Accurately modelling the track would take Eric forever, and the track would be worthless in a multiplay oriented racing simulator since noone would drive it. Plus, cars would be so far apart you would probably rarely have any fights.
You can count me also to the 90 %.

If its the original Nordschleife or a Nordschleife style track in my opinion its not the matter. On fact is important. Live for Speed needs more tracks.

Would be better to have the original Nordschleife, but if its a huge financial effort for the dev's I would be statisfied with a track in the style of the Nordschleife. The main thing is a 20 kilometres long track through a nice countryside with lots of deadly corners and a long straight.
#14 - sbeu
exact price?
Has anyone the least idea of the price they should pay to put Nurburgring in the game?
I personnaly have no idea.
No no no no no no no no no no...
I'd settle for a similar track, not the same.

too many demands for accuracy and all that for just eric. So one similar would be good. It would mainly cater for the enduro's though... maybe a few smaller configs for the variety in the environment.

I agree with more tracks in general though.
I think it would be terrible to have a track "similar" to the Nordschleife. It would take Eric just as long to produce, and would have none of the passion or history with it. Plus we need a real track in LFS.
Doesn't Sony Entertainment have the exclusive rights to the Nordschleife until end 2007?
just take another name then "nordschleife" and you are done with the rights...
#20 - Gunn
-100 from me, even if there was no financial obstacles. Any long track would supply the same experience as the Ring, and long tracks in LFS are already under-utilised. Imagine cutting 20 laps and never sighting another competitor all because you made a mistake on T3 and never saw the rest of the field for the whole race, the Ring will do that for LFS. Novelty value makes it popular, but the venue is irrelevant if the true reason for everyone's desire is truly the actual track layout and topography. But it seems that prestige and history are the main reasons why people nag about the Ring being in games. Give me a long track with a varied and challenging layout, I'll drive it all day, but I'm sick and tired of Nurburgring this and Nordschleife that. Boo, Hiss. Go away Nurburgring, I throw baskets of rotting mice at you and populate you with a gazillion traffic lights and pedestrian crossings. May your surface crack and fill with weeds (the kind that get in your lawn and won't die no matter how many herbicides or flammable products banned in the late 70's you hurl at their prickly but persistent foliage), may the mother of all earthquakes tear you usunder and lacerate your crazy hills with jagged rifts of stone and loam.
You might be a legend but I know who and what you are Nurburgring, you hit your dog, cheat on your wife, and you still owe my sister ten bucks you sonofabitch. I hope they turn you into a skate park for fat kids who are really fast but are too heavy for your grafittied bends to endure. Or maybe convert you into a jackhammer training facility for slow-learning angry construction workers-to-be. Get out of my life Nurburgring, you got the house and the kids, what more could you possibly want? Oh, by the way Nordschleife, you look ultra-chunky in that skirt. And I'm going out with your sister, the younger one. So bleaughhh

Damn, I feel better after that. Do carry on race fans, I'm going for a little lie down. Toodle pip.
I totally agree with Gunn here, and that's what I've said every time the 'Ring is brought up. I'm sure at first the name (if it was used) would make a lot of people race on it, but after people realise you don't see anyone for minutes at a time, it'd get abandoned like AS GT and FE Black.
Gunn, omfg.

Post.
Of.
The frickin.
YEAR.

If you ever sober up and edit that post I'll start a campaign to have you banned for life.

Quote from KillerMonkey :Are you sure about that? She's rather old now.
Back when she was young she looked alright, though.

Dude. I'm "rather old". It's all good
Quote from Fischfix :just take another name then "nordschleife" and you are done with the rights...

LFS 'Some random public road' track

its a 0 from me. +1 for how amazing it would be to drive round the nurburgring in lfs, with proper physics not like GT4. Then -1 for all the negatives that go with having a real track - cost, time to make it etc.
Just a thought folks... =P
+1

Project Nurburgring
(246 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG