The online racing simulator
Disabling Patches?
(22 posts, closed, started )
Disabling Patches?
Just so people start using patch Z. How about scawen disables the use of Patches V-Y. What i mean is disconnect them from the master server.
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :Just so people start using patch Z. How about scawen disables the use of Patches V-Y. What i mean is disconnect them from the master server.

and x.
Are still X version runing on the master server ?
Quote from mutt107 :and x.

V-Y means V,W,X and Y. And +1 to removing them from the master server.
scawen, just think you disable them you will get more money cause demo will buy s2 for xrt
Patch V + Tweak =
Quote from bigtime :patch V + Tweak = uber Hax!!!

We're Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed
AFAIK, Scawen has not intentionally stopped any old patch from connecting to the master server, although very old versions do not point to the correct IP and need modding.

Considering very few people use old patches online, I can't see there really being a problem, especially with the auto-update feature.
#10 - Dac
why would you want to disable a patch? surely they all improve the game and build up on the last one?
Quote from Dac :why would you want to disable a patch? surely they all improve the game and build up on the last one?

Did you read his post? He wants them disconnected from the Master Server so people can't play online with them.

It stops dirty demo players getting XRT or tweak.
#12 - Dac
Quote from mcintyrej :Did you read his post? He wants them disconnected from the Master Server so people can't play online with them.

im still not with you. i dont know how the patch system works?

tweak?
Quote from Dac :im still not with you. i dont know how the patch system works?

tweak?

A program that changes values of the car (engine/driven wheels) so you can drive other (faster/slower) cars.
Why does anyone care what patch people are playing?

Disabling old patches isn't going to make people buy S2. It will make the lifetime demo XRT drifters quit using LFS. Who cares. Worry about what patch you are using and don't worry about everyone else.

Everyone worries about what other people are doing in this world. It's not just here and with LFS, it's everywhere. Quit worrying about everyone else.
I have no problem with the current situation (running old versions).

If they disabled old versions, it would increase the amount of servers and players (not huge amounts, but an increase anyways) and I see it as a good thing. Maybe it would make some people quit lfs for good. Who cares, they didnt have a license anyway so its not like the devs were losing money or anything..
Quote from Dac :im still not with you. i dont know how the patch system works?

tweak?

From what I read he wants older patches disabled from the Master Server - meaning you cannot use them online. In older patches other content was offered that some demo users prefered to the current patch offerings - so they use the old patches to play online with the better cars. This should be stopped.
Imo they should be left as they are. Demo racers using old patches are NOT breaking any rules (assuming they aren't modding or cracking the game). Old versions are not compatible with the current version, so they are mutually exclusive. They can co-exist on the server, and I think they should. There's no reason to cut off the old patches, unless you really wanna tick off the 3 people still using them. Heck, I wish the old S1 versions would still work too for some classic racing, but that's probably not going to happen.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Heck, I wish the old S1 versions would still work too for some classic racing, but that's probably not going to happen.

i want to race on S1 blackwood again

as bob says i dont recall any patches being blocked from the master server intentionally, Only that those older than (V i think) cannot connect due to ip bindings and what not.
Quote from mrodgers :Why does anyone care what patch people are playing?

Disabling old patches isn't going to make people buy S2. It will make the lifetime demo XRT drifters quit using LFS. Who cares. Worry about what patch you are using and don't worry about everyone else.

Everyone worries about what other people are doing in this world. It's not just here and with LFS, it's everywhere. Quit worrying about everyone else.

True true.
Personally, I prefer the tweakers doing their thing on old patches instead of trying to do it on Z. Of course they'll be unable, and they'll come moan here.

Besides, do we really need those people that have fun going around at 300kph in a uf1?
Where's the big loss if the lifetime demo XRT users (and subsequent crackers) stop using LFS? They're currently using bandwidth to play online and paying nothing back, so there's nothing to lose if they decide to go.
Quote from mcintyrej :Did you read his post? He wants them disconnected from the Master Server so people can't play online with them.

Seriously? if you are so smart, so why the HE** do I have XRT? Demo's with patch 0,5V. As, I have, they HAVE XRT, but not XRR, your smartass:P
This thread is closed

Disabling Patches?
(22 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG