The online racing simulator
Quote from lEl E Talon :the devs hate me cuz im black. if they didnt they would put night time driving in the game

This comment adds absolutley nothing to the current discussion...
Warning: Sense of Humour failure detected
The thread was stupid to start with. He thinks the devs are ignoring the disabled people and he has to drive on ovals so they should make him some extra tracks (even though he then said he can race the normal tracks anyway). There wouldn't even be a single track if they were forced to make the game for every different disability people might have that buy the game.
Quote from Torben :This comment adds absolutley nothing to the current discussion...

I think it was funny.
#80 - th84
Quote from th84 :And it wasnt much diffrent than the original post.

The difference is that the original post was meant serious.
very nice idea
Quote from tristancliffe :Warning: Sense of Humour failure detected

20 minutes before the weekend is here... and you force me to clean up the tea I've spat all over my desk which was the unfortunate outcome of drinking and reading your post (still chuckling btw). Thanks for that Tristan
The conduct in this thread is appalling. Scratch that, it's amusing considering the fact that about a year ago this very same community has lectured me on mature conduct regarding the idiotic war between motorsport fans of different discipline. Boy I can hardly wait for a thread in which drift, oval, circuit, autoX, and off road fans duke it out in a battle royale :rolleyes:

Quote from danowat :Oval racing in LFS is fairly talentless, simply because it doesn't have the required physics, aero modelling, oval racing in LFS is more a case of getting a good setup and making sure you don't crash on the first lap.......

Thank you case closed. Although the XRT on oval is the closest thing we've got to the instability of oval racing. Of course the Kyoto is quite far from a proper oval. But then again, that's what ARCA Sim Racing or NASCAR 2003 is for.

Quote from Ca18Slider :Wow, so dramatic.

See what happens when egos get hurt by tongue in cheek comments?

But then again the comments themselves probably originate from a self desire to boost one's ego. So the chicken or the egg?
should have at list 1 for every style of oval
#86 - Dac
Quote from popps258 :Oval driving Talentless?
Oh i dont think thats correct, otherwise why is there real oval racing?

americans?
Quote from popps258 :If i have offended you i am sorry it was not my intention to offend anyone.

i understand you if none of the other pig headed muppets do ,having any sort of disabilty is bad enough ,some are less fortunate like my son who is mentally handicappped (autism), do these same people who have commented and said the word "crip",like insulting others?
my point is dont insult people less fortunate than yourselfs a few people piss me of on this site ,asking for somthing and stating your disabled theres nothing wrong with that
whats wrong is all the able bodied people telling you not to say anything about Your disabilty if only they lived a day in my life ,
saying all this does a oval track really help im curious
Quote :The conduct in this thread is appalling.

Totally disgusting..

Peace, Mazar
Quote from woodymcruk :asking for somthing and stating your disabled theres nothing wrong with that

Indeed there's nothing wrong with it. It can easily be phrased as:

Could you please add another oval track? Being a disabled person I find it easier to drive on ovals and would greatly appreciate it.

However, what was said was:

Can you add an oval track? If you don't add ovals it's a discrimination against us people with disabilities because it's easier for us to drive on them so if you don't add them you are just ignore us disabled people like you always do.

That's what wound people up - not popps stating his disability.
Quote from Torben :
Ähm, no.. we race for the fun of it. And although claimed every time again, it is simply not true that a race is restarted every time one of "us" crashes. If you would stick on an oval server for a couple if nights, you would realise, that "we" restart races, when they need to be restarted. May it be, one of "us" crashes with half the field, or most of "us" are up in front. If half the field crashes in lap one, a restart is just fair. And if people try to restart a race in lap 6/8, their mouth should be Jaffa'ed. Period.
And by the way, it can get really annoying to get crashed 6 races in a row, by some unexpierenced driver, who can't even start in a straight line, or use his "watch left", "watch right" buttons to see if a car is at his side. Those are the people complaining, "I got banned, why oh why, did you ban me, and why do you restart every time you crash?"
If you can't start in a straight line, and drive even 8 laps on your own without crashing, a crowed oval server is just not the right place for you, yet.. Go train offline.

You see, you're being condescendent with me If you've been online while I was there, you would have see that the yellow flags I've unfortunately participated in were not caused by me.
As I say in my earlier post, people go all out thinking it is easy and cause crashes. I have a sufficient experience in racing to know where I can go safely and where to back up.

About the restarts, please, be honest here The number of people who want to restart after lap 6 is very very small I reckon that when you are hosting the FO8's you restart more at starts because of the recurrent spinning here but you guys aren't really fair play. I've been in Oval Junkies or Starters from time to time and I always seen the same behavior.
If you take a bad start, and make a guy spin at lap 6/7, you just insult him saying he's a noob and keep going till the end even if you spoiled intentionally his race.
As the contrary, if a blue flagger, or anyone else screws your pattern at lap 4, an Admin Restart is very (too much) frequent...

I don't mean YOU personally, what I mean by "you" is the oval addicts that have this type of behavior, not all the time, but sadly more often that what would be expected of gentlemen drivers

It is not because you guys are good in Oval (I say that I keep being impressed by the efficicency of your patterns) that people MUST let you pass without effort.
sorry but you dont know anything about our server at all and accusing us for such a behaviour while only joining every now and then pretty much proves my point. I do understand that a limited knowledge could easily lead into such a conclusion and i can ensure you that you're not taking all circumstances into account in order to make a proper judgement.
talk about waste of thread space.

What this thread should have stated is we need a proper oval instead of this weird kyoto

Quote from popps258 :Again i would like to see the addition of at least a new Oval track??
Well I like some others within lfs i have come to know are classed as disabled.
The people i know on lfs that are disabled mainly use an oval track and are kind of limited to just one track.
So the addition of another Oval track would be very beneficial to those who are disabled and would give us a second choice of track.

This whole oval = disabled people's driving is hilarious. But oh ignorance is bliss. Ironic in fact that this community is known for being very intolerant to ignorance in motorsport and yet the hypocrisies of this thread is almost to the point of self righteousness.

But my response to Popps is this: you think ovals are for disabled people? Alright race in a proper oval sim without any aids then come back to tell me that disabled people would find it easy....

and fyi, scrapping the wall or going wide is not considered a successful run on the oval as most people think that just staying on the track is considered successful (think of it as a higher standard of racing).
Its not about the track as the one and only choise for disabled people nor about kyoto is for disabled people only!

On the oval the main focus is on the traffic rather then on the track itself. Its an easy track and with the right car/ setup you can go around much easier then on a curcuit track and still get your action. (with the current LFS version that is) That doesnt mean oval is a granny track or something, it is getting pretty difficult the more you learn and more then that, the more experienced people are around you. But, the way i see it, the spectrum of oval races is much broader, it provides more action for every stage of the learning curve in that respect.

However, in LFS, dependent on your health status and your personal matter of taste you may choose what that status allows you to do or what suits you best.

For Popps who is having a hard time already (every now and then) playing the game, this is one of the few solutions left to fulfil his desires, his need to play a proper game together with some buddies for instance. Then saying its the wrong game for him because he wishes to expand that little space he has found within LFS is not only harsh but also arrogant and disgusting. That also applies on the comparison of one disability with another one or lets put it this way: that makes no sense! (leaving the off-topic crap untouched here...)

I do agree that using his health status as a form of pressure isn't really the best thing to do but Popps already has rephrased his first post in order to say what he really meant by that. Funny enough that as same as previous and following posts has shown, that simple gets ignored and i guess it will still get taken out of the context. But who cares eh? Lets just argue about it for twenty more pages no matter how many times it has been explained before. :doh:

However, that, and im refering to the way Popps asked for a favour, is nothing against the ongoing bashing about the oval (and simular none curcuit track racing related subjects) from people (mostly the same psychos btw) who never or briefly used it before or (to some extent) tried to understand or tolerate it at all. Absurd to think that any of the alternatives LFS has to offer is in no demand of any skills actually and getting those sort of statements from someone (like shotglass, tristan and danowat to name just a few) without a clue is the best (repeatingly!) example of an paradox i have even seen in this forum.

Im just wondering how many people stay away from this forum simple because of this lack of objectivity.

/meh
Quote from lizardfolk :talk about waste of thread space.

What this thread should have stated is we need a proper oval instead of this weird kyoto

This whole oval = disabled people's driving is hilarious. But oh ignorance is bliss. Ironic in fact that this community is known for being very intolerant to ignorance in motorsport and yet the hypocrisies of this thread is almost to the point of self righteousness.

But my response to Popps is this: you think ovals are for disabled people? Alright race in a proper oval sim without any aids then come back to tell me that disabled people would find it easy....

and fyi, scrapping the wall or going wide is not considered a successful run on the oval as most people think that just staying on the track is considered successful (think of it as a higher standard of racing).

Great post. I can't seem to go more than 15-20 laps without losing it at tracks like Texas or Pocono, because it's so easy to mess up- it's like driving on ice. Turn the steering wheel 1 degree too far or get on full throttle a split second too early and I go around. There's almost no saving it when you get sideways. Slip up going into a turn, and the result is either a spin or a 150MPH trip into the outside wall.
Just another person making an excuse for a hand-out.

A request such as the OP's is akin to a person showing up at an autocross event, completely unprepared and with zero seat time, and demanding the course be made easier because "they can't do it otherwise".

Race proper, or go home. Just how I see it.
Quote from Daviticus :Just another person making an excuse for a hand-out.

A request such as the OP's is akin to a person showing up at an autocross event, completely unprepared and with zero seat time, and demanding the course be made easier because "they can't do it otherwise".

Race proper, or go home. Just how I see it.

Exactly...Nearly everyone that I know that has a disability (not very many, 4 or 5 people) absolutely hate it when allowances are made for them, unless it's absolutely necessary. They certainly wouldn't use their respective disabilities in this manner...

While we're at it, I've diabetes, so all LFS tracks should be shorter because I find it hard to concentrate for the length of the long tracks...
Ok Enough has been said so
Please will a moderator close this thread
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG