The online racing simulator
Quote from eimer_ :maybe now you understand how i felt when i asked for a few extra lobby-channels on vent and nothing happened (until you got admin rights on vent and then decided to jump in with that bar n grill stuff).

i agree with some of the earlier posts: go play another game popps. what you´re looking for is already there, it´s just not called LFS.

God bless you, Thank you! /me bows, and walks away slowly
Maybe I'll get excited about Ovals in 5 years when the right breaks on my Wheel, until then I'll be on tracks like Aston 9(<3 historic) or Blackwood.
Quote from Shotglass :did you come up with this all by yourself or did the fm crowd decide to try that desperate angle?

btw i thought you were leaving

Now you lot have got my back up, I will say this very openly.
Stop accusing other FMs of doing stuff, they are not involved in this discssion at all.
You freaking turds always have to slander other people ie (FM Team) so STFU
I can stand on my own two feet and dont need a team to tell me what to do.
If you wanna have a go at someone, ****ing have a go at me
But keep other people out of OK.
Now Admin give me your fricken red card coz i dont give sheet

Quote from eimer_ :maybe now you understand how i felt when i asked for a few extra lobby-channels on vent and nothing happened (until you got admin rights on vent and then decided to jump in with that bar n grill stuff).

i agree with some of the earlier posts: go play another game popps. what you´re looking for is already there, it´s just not called LFS.

As for you Laudi, stop bringing other conversaions into this discussion and dont tell me/advise me what to do either. period.
Quote from popps258 :As for you Laudi, stop bringing other conversaions into this discussion and dont tell me/advise me what to do either. period.

generally has ovals...and you can make your own too...ever give that a try? how about NASCAR Racing 2003...that has a bunch of ovals...

Indy Car Racing has 1 big oval and 4 cars to pick from...another modest choice...
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :generally has ovals...and you can make your own too...ever give that a try? how about NASCAR Racing 2003...that has a bunch of ovals...

Indy Car Racing has 1 big oval and 4 cars to pick from...another modest choice...

Duh,As mentioned previously i got R-Factor GTR2 and others, My home is LFS
And will keep asking for New Oval despite what you lot think say or do.
Period
well, due to popular demand by popps258...here is our new oval:

I really wanted pink...but I could only find green
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D : meh
Rubbish, rubbish, and more rubbish. If you really want to go on about disabilities, I'll tell ya. I was born with a condition called PFFD, Proximal Femoral Focal Deficiency. I'm missing my knee + down on my right leg - and that hasn't stopped me from drifting. Even with a G25. Nine-hundred degrees, but I use sequential when I don't have my prosthetic on. So don't say all disabled guys need an oval, they're just too bum-lazy to get off it and do anything.
Popps, just as a question (generally curious), why is it you stick to LFS for oval racing? NASCAR Racing 2003 (and apparently iRacing as I'm told) is far, far superior for it. Reading through this thread shows that it's obviously not the community you stay here for (at least, not the forum community anyways..).

Not meant as an attack or insult in any way, just a simple question from my end.
Quote from popps258 :Now you lot have got my back up, I will say this very openly.
Stop accusing other FMs of doing stuff, they are not involved in this discssion at all.
You freaking turds always have to slander other people ie (FM Team) so STFU
I can stand on my own two feet and dont need a team to tell me what to do.
If you wanna have a go at someone, ****ing have a go at me
But keep other people out of OK.
Now Admin give me your fricken red card coz i dont give sheet

i could point out that the thread was exactly about you not being able to stand on your own two feet but id like to think im not _that_ much of an ****

thanks for calling me a turd btw
im disabled i was lucky enough to be born with 3 legs and u dont see me trying to take advantage of this dissabilty

PS the girls try
Popps - I too would like to see another oval track, I enjoy oval racing and have played Nascar 2003, and got Iracing mainly for oval racing.
Unfortunately LFS at this moment in time is not suited for oval racing, hence why I use the other sims mentioned for oval racing, LFS has it's roots in circuit racing, and I think always will.
Quote from popps258 :And will keep asking for New Oval despite what you lot think say or do.

That's fine but don't expect people to listen.

FTR, I wouldn't mind a smaller oval as then I might actually use it - the current one is too fast to be fun atm (given the current car selection and aero modelling in LFS). I'd rather have something nice and twisty though.
-
(eimer_) DELETED by eimer_ : asdf
-
(eimer_) DELETED by eimer_ : gaaar. just don´t want it to say that i edited it :D
Quote from popps258 :As for you Laudi, stop bringing other conversaions into this discussion and dont tell me/advise me what to do either. period.

wow chill man. that´s like about as agressive as my original response to you after you created the bar n grill section, remember? just keep in mind that fail decided he don´t wanna talk to me anymore after that. so in case you wanna keep him as a friend, don´t be so angry. chill out

in the end you can´t deny that there are lots of ovals available, in rFactor for example. maybe going to a game like that would be a (let´s name it) compromise?

LFS, Nascar, rFactor .... it´s just names, you´ll get over it, trust me. i got over it too. it´s not as hard as you think it is ... quoting 2march: "where does all that anger come from?"
Quote from eimer_ :wow chill man. that´s like about as agressive as my original response to you after you created the bar n grill section, remember? just keep in mind that fail decided he don´t wanna talk to me anymore after that. so in case you wanna keep him as a friend, don´t be so angry. chill out

in the end you can´t deny that there are lots of ovals available, in rFactor for example. maybe going to a game like that would be a (let´s name it) compromise?

LFS, Nascar, rFactor .... it´s just names, you´ll get over it, trust me. i got over it too. it´s not as hard as you think it is ... quoting 2march: "where does all that anger come from?"

Please Stop quoting/talking about other FMs
They have nothing to do with this thread at all.
And secondly i am not angry.
I will chat with you later in ventrilo publicly
Wow, so dramatic.
Quote from popps258 :Please Stop quoting/talking about other FMs

uhm ...

Please stop giving me orders? or was this a friendly request? in this case you might not mind me saying no, do you?

and can´t those others talk for theirselves?

in the end, afaik lfsforum comes with an ignore list. maybe you should put me on yours if you don´t like what i´m saying. might be healthy.

weird off-topic i have to admit
Quote from Shotglass :i could point out that the thread was exactly about you not being able to stand on your own two feet but id like to think im not _that_ much of an ****

thanks for calling me a turd btw

Turds and an **** go pretty much the same
and when i am very rarely drunk then i guess i cant stand on my own two feet
PS never take me seriously..
Quote from tristancliffe :Nobody was.

hahahahaha guess we make a matchin pair then,
To put my 2 personal cents in here:
I can understand that Popps stays with LFS and Oval Racing for two reasons:
1. He is a well respected Member of the Fragmaster Community and I do believe that he likes to hang around with all the LFS-Oval Nerds (no offense, I am one myself). But since they are LFS Oval Nerds, they stick to LFS. So, if you want to hang out with them, there is that magic Link called LFS.
2. I tried Oval Racing in rFactor and I think Popps did as well. And frankly, it sucks!
Well yeah, the aero model might be more accurate and there are more ovals and there are suitable cars for ovals. But still, racing the Oval in rFactor (at least the ones I tried) is plain f****ing boring. It's driving behind each other all the time, bumpdrafting the shit out of the aero model (or using the push-pull, whatever) and nothing more.
The fun of Oval driving in LFS (and it doesn't really matter which car you take so far) is because of the faulty aero model, because of the effects you get out of it. You can get a drafting pattern, switch positions almost every turn and improve in that. You have to get a feeling for what other drivers do, what the will do in the next turn, and how you line up with them after the next turn in order to get the maximum speed out of the next straight. I don't care about the faulty aero or anything else thats not real about oval in LFS (and I do believe most regular drivers on oval servers don't as well), because it is a hell lot of fun, if you know what you are doing and your draft partners know what they are doing.
If Oval Racing in real life could be anything I wanted it to be, I would want it to be like in LFS.
And another oval, disregarding if its shorter or just has different corners would add some extra excitement to the LFS-Oval Experience.

And to add something to the disabled peoples-discussion. Well, there are disabled people who can race on roadcourses and there are people who can't. There are as well not-disabled people, who can race the oval, and there are not-disabled peole who can't race the oval.

I must admit it's sounds a bit odd, to use the disabilty as an argument for more oval tracks, but well, if you don't like it, get a life.

And then, to conlcude, someone said (EDIT :RCPILOT, post #49), three wide in turn 3 on Kyoto Oval is as easy as taking a shit (or somethin like that), well, it is, if all the three cars know what they are doing and keep their line. But out of experience, there are freaking a lot of drivers, who simply don't know what to do, when going three wide into turn three, and then it almost everytime ends up in a mess. If there is an unexpierenced driver in a group of three or more cars, turn three will always be a critical point, since you really have to know where your line is, and have to know where the other cars are, or to put it differently, you have to have trust in the other drivers, that they know what they are doing.
Sure it is easy to get around an oval track all by yourself, it was, let me think, a left, then a left, I think a left then, and finally a left....... but doing it in full race action with 3 or more cars around you just inches away from your car, it becomes a totally different story.

So, more than I wanted to write, but thats the way it goes

Best Regards,
Torben
Quote from Torben :But still, racing the Oval in rFactor (at least the ones I tried) is plain f****ing boring. It's driving behind each other all the time, bumpdrafting the shit out of the aero model (or using the push-pull, whatever) and nothing more.

Not sure which mod you tried but what you describe would only happen in a decent oval sim (like Nascar2k3) if you don't have the skills required to get a proper drafting pattern going with a more complex aero model running. Pity, because then you would probably enjoy more of a challenge - or not, judging from what you describe further down.

Quote from Torben : The fun of Oval driving in LFS (and it doesn't really matter which car you take so far) is because of the faulty aero model

So I guess we'll be seeing you in one of Those Threads whenever the aero model does get completed.

Anyhow - it's just matter of personal preference and it's good that LFS currently has something for you to enjoy. It might be a bit sad though that it could get "ruined" for the reason above.
Let me have my two-cents here ^^

First about your disability dude. I feel sympathy for you because I know some people who are disabled (in different ways), and their life isn't as easy as non-disabled people's. However, I don't quite get the link between disability and Oval racing ?
Check this video (http://www.driftblog.fr/prepar ... -de-drift-pour-handicape/), the guy lost the use of his two legs and still he CAN drift with an adapted car. The point of this video is that with all the steering aids you can get from LFS, you can build yourself an aid-setup that can help you drive better and easier. It's long, it's annoying, it takes time, but it can have very unexpectedly good results
As others said, but this has already been discussed before, saying that not adding an Oval is discriminating against disabled people isn't very kind, andwon't get you far. But as everything was said on this point, I will move on

My second point is Oval Racing itself. I'm not a member of the anti-oval-police or the oval-brigade but I yet have some stuff to say about this kind of racing. Firstly, I guess that in LFS people don't have the maturity to race the oval.
Most of them go there because they think it is easy and end up turning the race into the crashfest, which is very annoying.
The oval nerds (especially the teams), even if they are good there, also contribute to give a bad image of oval.
I mean, you guys know that you play for winning, get the best times, have the best draft pattern, which is normal and cool to watch. But everytime one of you guys crashes you just restart hard the race as if you didn't care for the other racers, which isn't the best way to show you're fairplay, right ? And when other people try to restart on their own, you just tell them that their mouth can get Jaffa'ed.
About the track itself, I'd say that the only challenging corner is the 3rd bended one, only because when you're distracted you don't see/feel in time that the bend is slightly lower than the two others, then you start sliding or understeering bad. This is good for passing moves, when you go all out on here and you end up with a massive fail.
That track is too wide for what LFS cars can do know. Even with the best setups for the Oval, you're never ever really at the limit of your cars, which doesn't seem fun to do. Finally, the aerodraft model isn't good, so yet it needs to be perfected in order to reflect the real oval racing.

I would be glad to have another Oval, but a short one. Why ? Because what is fun/impressive in oval racing is too see 40 dudes going bumpers to bumpers in lines, etc... The Oval we have now is too big for the car possibilities, so we never really see this. What we see is more of a dance in every corner, people switching places, etc.
A short, narrow, twist oval would be good, because it would be more technical (people would actually have to lift-off before the corners -and even brake- and the traffic would be so packed that it would be really hard to pass/overlap people), so this would train them for the bigger oval, where actually people could race and give us a show.
Quote from xaotik :Not sure which mod you tried but what you describe would only happen in a decent oval sim (like Nascar2k3) if you don't have the skills required to get a proper drafting pattern going with a more complex aero model running. Pity, because then you would probably enjoy more of a challenge - or not, judging from what you describe further down.

If I remember correctly it was something like champcar mod.. can't say it specifically. I might not have the skills to get a proper draft pattern going with a more complex model, you are right there. For me there was simply no fun in driving behind each other lap after lap. And it took just too long to complete a pass. Where many people will see a challenge in it, to actually get enough speed to pass, for me it was plain boring. No offense to anybody. I just like it the way it is in LFS right now. Thats how Oval is fun to me.

Quote from xaotik :
So I guess we'll be seeing you in one of Those Threads whenever the aero model does get completed.

Since LFS is a simulator I would never complain if a piece of the simulation gets more realistic. Hell yeah, get as much realism in it as you can. If that means, that I can no longer enjoy oval racing, so may be it. I have nothing against that.

Quote from xaotik :
Anyhow - it's just matter of personal preference and it's good that LFS currently has something for you to enjoy. It might be a bit sad though that it could get "ruined" for the reason above.

Yep, thats absolutely true. I do enjoy Oval in LFS as it is right now. But I also do enjoy every other part in LFS, may it be circuit racing, cruising, banger, and even drifting sometimes (although I really suck at it )
And I wouldn't call it "ruin". If that ever is going to happen (that new aero model), then maybe Oval won't be something I can enjoy anymore, but I am sure, I will enjoy circuit racing even more. Oval is just one part of it.
And in real Life I would prefer any Roadcourse over an Oval anytime. Driving the Nordschleife for example ist just too freakin awesome

Quote from Zen321 :
I mean, you guys know that you play for winning, get the best times, have the best draft pattern, which is normal and cool to watch. But everytime one of you guys crashes you just restart hard the race as if you didn't care for the other racers, which isn't the best way to show you're fairplay, right ? And when other people try to restart on their own, you just tell them that their mouth can get Jaffa'ed.

Ähm, no.. we race for the fun of it. And although claimed every time again, it is simply not true that a race is restarted every time one of "us" crashes. If you would stick on an oval server for a couple if nights, you would realise, that "we" restart races, when they need to be restarted. May it be, one of "us" crashes with half the field, or most of "us" are up in front. If half the field crashes in lap one, a restart is just fair. And if people try to restart a race in lap 6/8, their mouth should be Jaffa'ed. Period.
And by the way, it can get really annoying to get crashed 6 races in a row, by some unexpierenced driver, who can't even start in a straight line, or use his "watch left", "watch right" buttons to see if a car is at his side. Those are the people complaining, "I got banned, why oh why, did you ban me, and why do you restart every time you crash?"
If you can't start in a straight line, and drive even 8 laps on your own without crashing, a crowed oval server is just not the right place for you, yet.. Go train offline.

But imho, this went way too far off topic (Yep, I went offtopic as well..)
Back to business

Regards
the devs hate me cuz im black. if they didnt they would put night time driving in the game
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG