The online racing simulator
Patch Z Unlock Problems
(24 posts, started )
Patch Z Unlock Problems
Hey
I downloaded LFS patch Z this morning through multiplayer.
After restarting LFS I cannot connect to the master server to unlock.
I have never had this problem before, and have had smooth online running on LFS since I bought it about 9 months ago. I have tried everything i can think of to resolve this problem, but have failed

Thanks Guys
I have a problem with the new patch when i choose a mirror to download it it says could not open the restarter program i have never had problems with patches but i do now have vista maybe this has some thing to do with it
im on XP and got it downloaded ok, and i could drive online totally fine in patch X, but now i cant unlock it
i had absolutly no problems and i have vista, so you can rule that one out...have you used too many unlocks maybe? severs busy?
i can't have had too many unlocks because this is only the 2nd time since i bought it ive had to do it.
#6 - hda
maybe your firewall is blocking LFS.exe cause it's a new file.

can you try that while running in windowed mode so you can check for your firewall's warning when you press unlock.

or just turn it off and unlock
Tried turning my firewall off and hasnt worked
Im ratha confused lol
bump
#9 - hda
take it easy, no need to bump.

i tried locking and then unlocking LFS right now and it worked fine..

have u tried doing a clean install? maybe in another folder for testing purposes
im just eager 2 get LFS bck thats all
ill give it a go now
thanks
im afraid that hasn't worked either
any more ideas?
im sure it is some thing to to with firewall blocking me to install patch
it isnt the firewall as I have turned them off and tried, and it still dosen't work
#14 - hda
Quote from Redeyes_69 :im sure it is some thing to to with firewall blocking me to install patch

oh, i didn't notice u had a different problem.

that usually happens when you've deleted lfs_restart.exe from your lfs folder. can you check if you have that file?
i do but i ent sure bout the other guy
#16 - hda
Quote from Wilko868 :i do but i ent sure bout the other guy

yeah that reply was for him

i'm puzzled.. if it's not your firewall I don't really know what it could be.

edit:

does your username have caps? it's a long shot but try using lowercase only

does it show any message when you press the unlock button?
ill try emailin tech support
thanks 4 ur help
well every thing was fine before new patch and i havnt deleated any thing but what folder would that file be in

i have 1 unlock left ...would this solve the problem? if i reinstall

also where can i manually download the patch out side of the game
download it at lfs.net you get a full install then. I dun know if there is a Y to Z download. But maybe you can look.
#20 - hda
Quote from Redeyes_69 :well every thing was fine before new patch and i havnt deleated any thing but what folder would that file be in

i have 1 unlock left ...would this solve the problem? if i reinstall

also where can i manually download the patch out side of the game

the lfs_restart.exe is in the lfs' root folder. probably that's the file that's missing.. cause there are similar threads in this forum
Same thing happened to me...so i went to my lfs folder double clicked the Patch_y_to_z.exe and extracted it to my lfs folder
cos it said it couldn't open it. Then it worked
@Wilko868: Can you connect to demo servers, or even get a list of hosts?
Quote from hda :take it easy, no need to bump.

i tried locking and then unlocking LFS right now and it worked fine..

have u tried doing a clean install? maybe in another folder for testing purposes

boas es portugues ainda bem assim tou mais contente lololol
I have the same problem cant connect to master server and unlock,cant even play as demo user, cant do anything multiplayer, my firewall is turned off .I have even reinstalled my windows, didnt work...please help...

Patch Z Unlock Problems
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG