The online racing simulator
Individual engine sounds
(35 posts, started )
Individual engine sounds
So basicly you hear .eng what another player is driving with.
That would allso add some range having "different" cars on track.
Mostly that would help in races to localize more better wheres who.

This isnt well put but i think peopple get the point im trying to say here

I really don't need to hear the extremely distorted and clipping engine noise someone else deemed good or "funny". In multiclass racing it could also be seriously disorienting if the approaching TBO car suddenly sounds like a GTR.

I guess it could be incorporated as option...
Quote from Jazzka :Mostly that would help in races to localize more better wheres who.

Thats who's where and that only works if you know that players engine pitch before the race which would be difficult unless you really studied that players engine throughout the race weekend...i guess

Quote from AndroidXP :-1

I really don't need to hear the extremely distorted and clipping engine noise someone else deemed good or "funny". In multiclass racing it could also be seriously disorienting if the approaching TBO car suddenly sounds like a GTR.

-1 to the idea of diffrent engine noises in the same class
At a quarter of a meg each, I don't want to be downloading all your nasty engine sounds every time I join a server. User created content is generally bad, especially when it's something difficult to do well, like sounds. Your horrible skins I can usually ignore.
+1 For New sounds!!! I love all in Lfs but i don't like only car sounds i mean I have played many Games which Sux like gameplay,graphics,and realisam but the cars sound much more like the real ones!!!
For Example: game RACER which is 50mb :o GreetZ!
Quote from moskvich3v1 :+1 For New sounds!!! I love all in Lfs but i don't like only car sounds i mean I have played many Games which Sux like gameplay,graphics,and realisam but the cars sound much more like the real ones!!!
For Example: game RACER which is 50mb :o GreetZ!

That's not what he's asking for.. he's asking to hear the custom sounds of the other racers online if i'm right..
+5 definatly

i think it would definatly be better - like with skins on LFS World do the same with Sounds!

i like this idea
#8 - Dac
-1. i really hate this idea. skins are ok because some are generally good but you can just ignore them anyways so they arent distracting. sounds would be extremely irritating. i also think the custom horn option should be removed. those who find it funny to make that duck sound on the start line are so annoying.
At first I liked the idea, but upon realizing that many users would have all kinds of different crazy and annoying engine sounds I don't want this feature anymore.

-1 then.
It would have been a good idea, but since the FIA is as well very restrictive on the sounds IRL, it prevents drivers from using a free-flow exhaust that is extremely noisy (with a custom free flow exhaust on my 4 strokes 50cc honda Dax, I made more noise at 4000rpm than my cousin's F355 at 7500...).

I'd really hate not to be able to hear my engine's sound for shifting if there's a UF1 ricer guy with a freeflow-like exhaust volume next to me...
Well, LFS can detect clipping, so i suggest that it shouldn't be possible to save and use an engine sound config that causes clipping. Or even better, make it impossible to go over a certain amplitude, i.e. the UF1 should never make more sound than a GTR).

Also it shouldn't be too hard to limit the sliders to "sane" levels, so they don't cause crap sound. i.e. With normal levels, the sounds starts clipping at around 2.0 for "exhaust volume" on the FOX, so why does it go all the way up to 6?
Thanks for the opinnions.
Its too bad the car sounds in LFS isnt that good as the all other content of it.
For now im using CSR for getting better sounds to LFS but it negates the other players sounds completely
Hoping to see some improvements on the Engine sounds.IMO it makes the SIM more realistic as it is now.
No custom sounds that will be tooo crazy but still do like the idea(A)

But would like to hear some engine sound improvements=)
Quote from AndroidXP :-1

I guess it could be incorporated as option...

You said it best really. You just KNOW some tits are going to go nuts with the sliders just to annoy other people. Or maybe to go "LOL" and have other less gifted people go "LOL".
How about that your currently used .eng gets a LITTLE modified by your very own LFS.
Or perhaps LFS would randomly choose one of your car sounds and apply them to the other cars. As I have about 3 per car, it would increase the diversity and you wouldn't have to deal with other peoples "annoying" sounds
-1 from me because it would just be unrealistic to have a car the same class with the same engine sounding incredibly different to each other.
-1 from me. People would have all sorts of annoying sounds.

What should be done ( I know I'm gonna get called a :riceboy is to have different Exhausts, or upgrades. Not ricer style, but purely for racing purposes only. Not including Formula or GTR class cars.
so that would mean longer loading time for me? 7 skins take me 1 to 2 mins to download already.... I can't imagine myself going into a server with 10+ ppl who have their own unique skin and engine sound...

-1 from me.
hmm yeah all I need to hear is some kid driving an XFG with a Cherrybomb pipe on it.... Not ! Get enough of that crap in real life thanks.

-1 deffinitely !!
Nitrous13270 - you can disable the auto-skin downloading you know, to speed up entering servers.
+5 from me

it can be like skins u can choose to download them.
Quite apart from the unacceptably huge scope for idiocy, I'd be concerned about the LFSW bandwidth too, something that hasn't been mentioned.

Definitely not a viable one, this.

Sam
#24 - Woz
-1 I can see where it would go and what nasty nightmare sounds you would be subjected to.

If ever implemented the client should have control over if they are downloaded. Mine would be off. Who needs all that disk space eaten with shite
You can make your own sounds, and then apply them to other racers throught the SHIFT+ A menu. I do it alll the time.

Individual engine sounds
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG