The online racing simulator
Pointless Question About lfs
(16 posts, started )
Been Bugging me for ages .. but what comes after Patch Z? Does it go to patch A? Confusing me about wat it will be called

Does anyone know?
0.6A iirc
It'll be probably beta I guess. (?) But we have lots of topics with the same question.
Been asked a million times lol.

Not sure but I would think it would go like this.

Now it's LFS 0.5 Z ALPHA and I think that it will go to LFS 0.6 A BETA
Wo seems unusual, would seem classic going to A or beta
#6 - bbman
Why does everyone think just because we ran out of (english) letters somehow S2 reaches beta? If Scawen deems S2 feature-complete, THEN it'll go beta... If that's not the case, I'm sure he'll be coming up with a good solution to this naming-problem himself... No amount of guessing or arguing will make any difference whatsoever on how the next version will be called...
If it would be "0.6 Beta" after the one we have now, then what would 0.7 be called? Delta? naah.. 0.6 Alpha i think it will be for me it would be more realistic to have 0.9 -> 1.0 = Alpha to Beta change..

But it´s all up to Scawen
Lfs 0.5 Z Alpha & 1/2
What does it matter? Version numbers are irrelvant. They are a method of naming for the developers and very little else.

Whats wrong with the next version being called "Dads Army VI"? Nothing. It's just a way of determining a version. It doesn't mean anything in particular therefore since it has no significance its irrelevant.
could allso just be 0.6A alpha
Scawen said on the GTR interiors patch post:

Quote from Scawen :The remaining GTR updates are part of the needed updates for LFS S2 to lose the ALPHA tag. Some other updates that should mostly be done to get out of ALPHA are :

- Improve collision physics
- Break off wings instead of bending
- Finish and release Westhill updates
- Improve track shadow rendering
- RB4 / UF1 / UFR interiors

So, its still gonna be alpha until at least these improvements are done.
Atari used to name their custom chips in their computers - instead of 790SLi there was Pokey, etc.

Would be nice to be able to download Patch Albert and would be an easy way to start recycling the alphabet. Get to Patch Zach then start on girls' names.
just open your Excel and see what comes after column Z
Why did you think Scawen had to implement chinese characters? :P
Quote from RiGun :Why did you think Scawen had to implement chinese characters? :P

I can't stop laughing :hyper:
Quote from bbman :Why does everyone think just because we ran out of (english) letters somehow S2 reaches beta? If Scawen deems S2 feature-complete, THEN it'll go beta... If that's not the case, I'm sure he'll be coming up with a good solution to this naming-problem himself... No amount of guessing or arguing will make any difference whatsoever on how the next version will be called...

I think it's quite hilarious myself.

Personally, I think it should move from patch Z to S2 0.5Leo Alpha. After that, S2 0.5Nicole Alfpha....

Quote :just open your Excel and see what comes after column Z

Quote :Why did you think Scawen had to implement chinese characters? :P

Good ones guys.

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG