The online racing simulator
G25 woes!!
(43 posts, started )
I yesterday received my replacement, effectively the third G25 I have tried and I have to say the gearchange seems to feel a little 'tighter' on this one. Could it be that Logitech have made a modification I wonder?
No, it is because it is new.
Quote from Gekkibi :No, it is because it is new.

Both the others were new this year... I remember them well. They certainly felt a little slacker than this one does.
I shifted hard since i got it like half a year ago, and my shifter feels like the first day.
Quote from PaulH :No problems with my G25 yet. The shifter is a little flimsy like people say but just treat it carefully and use it softly and should hopefully last. I'm worried that something will break just after the warranty expires. . .

Have a look here: http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=299371

Thanks for this, unfortunatly the mod to increase resistance details the disadvantage of a hit n miss with the sequential mode actually working after the DIY mod is completed.

Since I use this part of the G25 realistically on cars that would have a sequential shifter, such as GTR cars, then its a risk I wouldnt take.

Also the shifter feels flimsy, but mines taken a lot of punishment from various people and it still feels and works exactly the same as the day I first used it.
I have this problem! (kinda)
i shift into 2nd, and sometimes it will run it 2nd for 1000 revs then suddenly go into neutral (ingame). What should i do? (its in warranty)
:ouch:
Quote from Hayaku Warrier :I have this problem! (kinda)
i shift into 2nd, and sometimes it will run it 2nd for 1000 revs then suddenly go into neutral (ingame). What should i do? (its in warranty)
:ouch:

Get it fixed under warranty or if you twist your suppliers arm like I did get a replacement.

It will only get worse, mine did until it was unusable. Good Luck.
What were the rev versions or your last 2 g25s?
Quote from ImportFantasy :What were the rev versions or your last 2 g25s?

How do I find that? The only thing I can see that might be it is DZL-E-UP15(B) on the current one, wouldn't have a clue on the other two I'm afraid.
Physical Damage is not under waranty!
Quote from Karoti :How do I find that? The only thing I can see that might be it is DZL-E-UP15(B) on the current one, wouldn't have a clue on the other two I'm afraid.

Its on the sticker outside of the instruction manual.
Quote from Karoti :Get it fixed under warranty or if you twist your suppliers arm like I did get a replacement.

It will only get worse, mine did until it was unusable. Good Luck.

Update: mine is now unusable. I can send it back for a refund, but no replacement, as they no-longer send to the uk
Meh my shifter went bout 2 months ago i don't care. /me secretly hope to win the lottery so he can get a lightening sst shifter
Alot of people have said that the shifter is loose, virtually none-resistant and flimsy... but mine is a day old and tbh there is a considerable amount of resistance, and it isnt loose at all.
I think maybe they did improve it.
Quote from NathanRx-7 :Alot of people have said that the shifter is loose, virtually none-resistant and flimsy... but mine is a day old and tbh there is a considerable amount of resistance, and it isnt loose at all.
I think maybe they did improve it.

To know what model your wheel is, read the code written on the pack with CD with drivers. Mine is Rev 101. It doesn't feel a lot like a real cars shifter, but a great piece of unit definetly
Quote from [RF]-art555 :To know what model your wheel is, read the code written on the pack with CD with drivers. Mine is Rev 101. It doesn't feel a lot like a real cars shifter, but a great piece of unit definetly

Hmm, mine is Rev. 101 too.
Maybe it's just because this is my first ff wheel... :P
#42 - Jakg
Mines Rev 101 and probably over a year old by now...
I have mine about 2 weeks now, the gear stick is much more solid feeling than the one my mate has, that was bought this time last year.. I'm kinda hoping its a manufacturing improvement rather than the difference in a years wear.

Totally blows to get DOA equipment though, I feel your pain, Karoti!

G25 woes!!
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG