The online racing simulator
How kick ass is home delivery in Egypt!
(34 posts, started )
Hehe, I just wanted to show off at least one good thing about Egyptian society (yeah, loads of cr*p in this country ). I can order food ONLINE!!! . If you don't believe me, check it out for yourself.

Of course, a major downside is that ordering junk food is too easy now
It's almost like ordering food online in Europe or America, which we've had for a few years now.
#3 - th84
Yea, we can go grocery shopping without ever leaving the house. I can place an online order and have my grocerys before 12pm the following buisness day (delivered in a chilled truck even!). What a country!
DAMN! seriously? I was told about a year ago that theres no chance of that. DAMN IT! one thing I thought that was good about Egypt turns out to be done somewhere else, pfft...
and that makes us people, lazy, fat, unhealthy human beings. for cryingout loud GO OUTSIDE
#6 - th84
Quote from Scrabby :and that makes us people, lazy, fat, unhealthy human beings. for cryingout loud GO OUTSIDE

I am none of those 3 things and I do my own grocery shopping (well, I send the wife).

It was set up for the elderly and those who are unable to get to the store, dumba**.

You think the U.S. are the only ones with these services? Have you never had a pizza delivered?
i didnt ment US people, i ment "us" we, human beings. Atleast now the air is more or less clean but that will probably change in a few years
Nope i never had pizza delivered, i allways go to the pizzashop to eat it there with friends, we walk to there 1-2 km have a good laught etc...
#8 - th84
My apologies. I read that as U.S.A.
np, i should have been more clearly
As much as I hate grocery shopping, I hate online grocery shopping more, I have used it a couple of times when I have been extra busy, but's it's no replacement for the real thing..........
#11 - th84
I wish there were somewhere close enough to walk to get a pizza. The closest store to my house is about 20 miles.

I had a part in using them one time for my wife's grandmother. Everything went fine with it other than the fact that it cost about $75 more than if we wouldve gone and got it ourselves.
Quote from th84 :Have you never had a pizza delivered?

She enjoyed the notion that New York was home, and that she missed it, but in fact the only thing she really missed was pizza. And not just any old pizza, but the sort of pizza they brought to your door if you phoned them up and asked them to. That was the only real pizza. Pizza that you had to go out and sit at a table staring at red paper napkins for wasn't real pizza however much extra pepperoni and anchovy they put on it.

London was the place she liked living in most, apart, of course, from the pizza problem, which drove her crazy. Why would no one deliver pizza? Why did no one understand that it was fundamental to the whole nature of pizza that it arrived at your front door in a hot cardboard box? That you slithered it out of greaseproof paper and ate it in folded slices in front of the TV? What was the fundamental flaw in the stupid, stuck-up, sluggardly English that they couldn't grasp this simple principle? For some odd reason it was the one frustration she could never learn simply to live with and accept, and about once a month or so she would get very depressed, phone a pizza restaurant, order the biggest, most lavish pizza she could describe - pizza with an extra pizza on it, essentially - and then, sweetly, ask them to deliver it.

"Do what?"
"Deliver. Let me give you the address - "
"I don't understand. Aren't you going to come and pick it up?"
"No. Aren't you going to deliver? My address - "
"Er, we don't do that, miss."
"Don't do what?"
"Er, deliver. . ."
"You don't deliver? Am I hearing you correctly... ?"

The exchange would quickly degenerate into an ugly slanging match which would leave her feeling drained and shaky, but much, much better the following morning.
haha lol Egypt i am afraid guys ur behind again
Most if not all the major supermarket chains in the UK have had home shopping for a few years now. Use it myself all the time. It's a bit of a godsend tbh, although you have to pay a delivery charge, and you don't exactly get the pick of the crop when ordering fresh fruit and veg. But other than that it sure does beat having to wait in a queue with screaming kids, little doddery awld biddies and smelly alkies buying their special brew.
The delivery charge for supermarket deliveries is usually less than the bus fare for me and the Mrs, so we use it a lot.
Quote from th84 :I am none of those 3 things and I do my own grocery shopping (well, I send the wife).

Im a Naaaaab

your a noobns !!
we dont have that here
Quote :and that makes us people, lazy, fat, unhealthy human beings. for cryingout loud GO OUTSIDE

I dont have a car any more and live a few miles from a town with a supermarket. I dont think i'd be classified as lazy if I used home delivery.

As it happens I havnt yet, although I do plan too, what actually happens is I embarassed my auntie who gives me a lift by appologising for the large quantity of loo roll i'm buying because she has stomach problems, getting on the floor to worship and call out "we're not worthy" to the Haagen-Daas, and generally spice up the whole shopping ordeal with a bit of humour. I enjoy shopping, but i'm not lazy because i'm willing to use home delivery if I cant get a lift. I'll use home delivery because I got rid of my car in order to use a bicycle so I dont end up being a lazy, fat, unhealthy human being.

Your logic is flawed.
We in the Atlanta area here in Georgia used to be able to do that about 5 years ago.

EPIC FAIL. Gas prices ran the place out of business when gas eventually made its way up to like $2.50!

That, and the food was mediocre, and you had to be there of course to get it from the doorstep, it was just.. overall a good idea in concept but just didn't work out, it was more gross than anything honestly.

My neighbors did it for a while until they went out of a business, they were not home often so it gave them a few more minutes to be with the whole family at the end of the day. The food though like I said was just the generic cheap stuff overly priced and shipped to your day in a few days.
If you're talking about Zifty, Nuse, it's still going strong.

I use it somewhat often.
man, that is really stupid imo, u stay allot oftime indoor. Why don't u just buy a scooter a go shopping with that
I could live without actually going outside if my internet connection stayed up. The list of crazy things you can order online is too long for me to post, but you can order things like socks and medicine online, even cars and electronic equipment like Plasma TV's, with free delivery. Although all those things are sold 5 minutes walk from me, so I would rather go outside to get them instead of rotting away at my PC.
Quote from Shotglass :...What was the fundamental flaw in the stupid, stuck-up, sluggardly English that they couldn't grasp this simple principle?

You must be going back a very long time to a London that didn't have pizza delivery. 20 years?
Quote :man, that is really stupid imo, u stay allot oftime indoor. Why don't u just buy a scooter a go shopping with that

I couldnt get a weeks shopping on a scooter! Where would the 32 rolls of BOGOF loo rolls go?
Quote from Becky Rose :I couldnt get a weeks shopping on a scooter! Where would the 32 rolls of BOGOF loo rolls go?

Purchase a broom handle, make your own extended bogroll holder sticking up from the rear of the bike

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG