The online racing simulator
ESL UK LFS Season 2
(148 posts, started )

Poll : What Class / Classes should we drive?

Closed since :
FOX
TBO Only
TBO+LFR
LFR
Hi Guys,

Not sure what is going on here. Me Three Jump and P1lot can all login and see the forum. Maybe this is down to admin permissions, but don't know. I spoke to Morgan last night, he is going to look into things.

I have also posted on the Admin Section of the forum, to try and get a definative answer as quickly as possible.
Thanks Shaun.

Dan,
Just to let you know, that CORE are doing some maintanence and thery are deactivated across the board
Well, at least we know theres a problem, hopefully they'll be up again soon

Dan,
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
It's probably to keep us non-admin minions out so we can't all complain about the evening setting from last night

Dan,
TBH, having the evening setting wasnt a major problem, but I do agree that the way it was introduced, 10 mins before the race, was not the best way to do it.

Maybe an annoucement on the ESL forum saying that conditions can and will change in future events would be a better bet, or at least something more realistic like a weather forecast leading up to the event, you can argue that weather conditions change IRL, but they rarely change from daylight to evening 5 mins before the start of a race (if the race starts in the day).

Overall it wasnt the best race ever but thats the way it goes.

Dan,
Bothered me a bit in quali but by the time I was racing I'd forgotten all about it. Besides, nothing was gonna make me any slower lets face it. lol
-
Never once suggested anything of the sort, I spoke my mind, again which I should have learnt from last time, that I didnt think changing it so close to the race was a good idea, I made my point and left it at that.

Regardless of the conditions, I doubt they would make me any slower anyway

I understand the reasons for doing it, but the execution of it wasnt the best way to do it, but its a good idea to mix up conditions, adds something else into the mix.

Dan,
Quote from Clownpaint :I believe I could've kept my record of being on the podium at every race if it wasn't for Nikimere, it's not the first time he's severely disadvantaged me in a race, South City comes to mind. Ironically it will be his team mate who benefits from his actions.

Ha ha ha ha! i think we have more important things to worry about in life that to create a conspiracy that revolves around you!
If you think it's all my fault that your race was ruin then put a complaint in and stop moaning...
2 perfectly innocent incidents followed by an obvious attempt to put me off the track imo.
just wait for the official results...
Quote from three_jump :just wait for the official results...

Lets have em then

BTW, whats the next race?

Dan,
I had and have no problem with weather changes , I dont see how this could give anyone any advantage, weather changes IRL too

SD.

Quote from Clownpaint :
I believe I could've kept my record of being on the podium at every race if it wasn't for Nikimere, it's not the first time he's severely disadvantaged me in a race, South City comes to mind. Ironically it will be his team mate who benefits from his actions.

Have you viewed the replay Jack? looks like you were on the outside going into T1(lap3 or 4?) unlucky I say , I'm not sure what you are implying above However podum places aren't everything !

Looking forward to the next race .. and the return of ESL forum.

SD.
-
Quote from SparkyDave :I had and have no problem with weather changes , I dont see how this could give anyone any advantage, weather changes IRL too

SD.

Dave, I think you are missing my point, the point I was trying to make before the race was not due to the change in conditions, but rather the way the change was implemented, TBH I wouldnt care if the next race was at night, with howling wind and driving rain, as long as I had more than 5 mins notice.

If the point was made at the beginning of the season that conditions can, and will change, then there would be no problem, but to spring it upon us 5 mins before the race was a bit off TBH.

In truth, how many people were aware of the change before we all turned up on the server?, and when was the decision made to change the conditions?.

Dan,
Quote from Clownpaint :As I said, it's not the first time you've severely disadvantaged me in a race.

I'd like to know when i "dis-advantaged" you in a race before?
To quote dave "Unlucky".
Quote from sidi :@Dan BL rev is next and i believe snow is forecasted

LOL!!
Quote from danowat :In truth, how many people were aware of the change before we all turned up on the server?.

I dont think anyone knew except admins, did they?
Quote from sidi :@Dan BL rev is next and i believe snow is forecasted

Good, good, as long as I know, I can get the tyre chains fitted in time .

Seriously though, lets not loose sight of the fact that this is a game we play for fun, sure we are all competitive and want to win, but I also want to have fun in a friendly atmos.

The admins do a great job, even if they made a dodgy decision last night LOL

I don't know Niki, which is why I asked the Q, I would hope it was no one.

Dan,
-
-
About the weather:
As we all know Live For Speed offers different lightning conditions and also wind, and I hope that someday it also have rain and fog etc. This game wants to be a real Sim and we want the feeling of beeing real drivers. (Imagine heavy rain + fog on Kyoto GP or Aston historic )
But for some reason no one uses the options we already have, 99% of all servers are set to bright clear, no wind, what is not really realistic...
Indeed it was a bit of an unlucky thing to introduce it that late to you guys (), I think it's added some thrill, as it was not the usual conditions....
In my opinion, if you want always the same clinic conditions then you can also go hotlapping and try to drive the perfect lap what can be also really exciting.
About complainments:
If you have something to complain about, accidents, bad habbit etc. feel free to say it to us (we can't see everything, but we try to).
I also spend the morning with rewatching the yesterday race and my notes are sent to the other admins, to decide in a group about any penalties...

Again about the weather:
how about turning some wind on for the next race?
Quote from three_jump :About the weather:Again about the weather:

I am easy about it, also as we have "fair" warning

Dan,
Quote from three_jump :Again about the weather:

I like that idea, at least that makes a 'real' difference to laptimes. ESL germany do this afaik.
Quote from Clownpaint :Niki managed to get on the grass and use me to make the corner.

lol! you have this big chip on your shoulder like "i'm out to get you"... please...
It's not easy to see the turn in point there (because of the hill) especially when you've a clown blocking the cone i usually use as a marker. i turned in too early and hit the grass. Simple. A mistake i made, had nothing to do with trying to hit you! cP you have a great imagination illepall
Hi All, is it safe to come out yet

The weather. Well, Me and Gav have mentioned this before on the Admin section of the forum on ESL. We wanted to drop a surprise. We both agreed that we would not practice it, and both being gentlemen we stuck to it. We would need something serious to win these races guys, not just a little darkness.

We didn't tell you because, as said, wanted to throw something in, to make you think, oh shite, OK, lets do this. Everybody including myself and Gavin was in the same boat.

On the ESL Forum, me and Gav have already apologised ( but you can't see it ) so please, lets just leave it at that.

As Jan said, he has watched the replays numerous times. We ( the Admins ) will meet up later to discuss, but there is no reflection on the results, so these will be present later.

Personally, I had the worst race ever. Car wanted to do its own things, backend was as loose as a 5$ **** and I was actually safer off the track than on it, hence my early retirement. I am trying to locate my mechincs at T7R and give them a damn good slapping

@Niki and CP, you to remind me of Alan Menu and John Cleland in the good old BTCC days. Lets just keep it friendly
-
Just to finally concrete this suject. NOBODY ( except the Admins ) knew about the weather change. For the people that was on early enough, have a look through your replays, you see me say to Gavin, Lets do it, and he replys, "What, Now?" and if I had practiced that config, don't you think I would of done a little better than last and retired
Quote from thisnameistaken :Funny, I'd assumed you had a turn-in point on the outside of the track (because I do too) and when I was watching the race I was wondering what you'd do when you reached the corner and realised you couldn't tell where it was!

i never thought about that b4 the race....
Any news on either the forum and/or the results?.

Dan,
Quote from danowat :Any news on either the forum and/or the results?.

Dan,

No news on forum as yet. Results, well what a pain in the rear end that was last night. I uploaded to different ones of the Sprint Race, and it just displayed only 4 finishers. So me and Gav and Jan had to go through the replays, and write down all the finishing times etc. Hopefully the results are correct, and its only the ranking tables that are wrong, as I haven't closed the race.

But I just wanted to make sure the results are right before closing the race.

ESL UK LFS Season 2
(148 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG