The online racing simulator
ESL UK LFS Season 2
(148 posts, started )

Poll : What Class / Classes should we drive?

Closed since :
FOX
TBO Only
TBO+LFR
LFR
Provisional results after event 8 of 9...
is it all over bar the shouting?
Attached images
ERRC after event 8.jpg
Quote from Fordman :Hi Chris,

thanks for that. You best bet is to keep an eye on the ESL forum which can be found here http://www.esl.eu/uk/forum/300/1325/?lastvisit=1147041541 This is where all the choices will be made for Race days and cars involved for next Season.

Regards

Fordie

Ok, I'll make sure that I'm around for when the decisions are made. Anyway I'm sure Tristan will tell me on IM if it changes anyway...
I don't tend to follow ESL that much - I get IM's from Keiran and Jack mostly telling me. But I'm think of joining ESL for next season, so maybe I should start following it.

Is the a quick userguide for the website - I can't find information I want (like what the prizes are ), and information I do find about the racing/championship is frequently out of date? Loving the race reports though
the guy who wanted to do an user- / navigationguide went crazy after a few days.... so far I know he's doing chalk paintings on a blackboard now
Quote from 3j_uni :the guy who wanted to do an user- / navigationguide went crazy after a few days.... so far I know he's doing chalk paintings on a blackboard now

ROFL!!
Hows that race report coming along Kev?

SD.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
-
Jeez, sounds like a late night just to feed us with news, after beers as well
and congrats for your gf
Great report, I'm enjoying them. Shame about Kieran's tyre management.

*brings out the whip*
Nice stuff Kev, I appreciate you not slating me to much for my atroucious performance in the last round

Dan,
-
I wonder why isn't there insim relay for spectator for races? Just poor organising or what?
Indeed, all German ESL LFS leagues have that option, shouldn't be so hard to get it done.

Would probably make your league more popular also
Quote from Chris_Kerry :Great report, I'm enjoying them. Shame about Kieran's tyre management.

*brings out the whip*

lol didn't notice that comment Mr Kerry

Tyre management was fine today though
Quote from hackerx :I wonder why isn't there insim relay for spectator for races? Just poor organising or what?

Insim was running, but we had an emergency swap of servers. Then planned to swap back, and it never happened. CP's server was only a tempory server, but ended up the final perminate server.

Indeed all German ESL Races have that option, because all ESL Germany have there own dedicated servers, all based in Germany. We, as it stands in UK don;t have a dedicated server, so this is something we are working on ready for the EPS season, and have got one. We also have a dedicated service to show races LIVE streamed over the internet, like EPS Germany, so we are getting there.

Remember, LFS Germany has 3 yrs advance over us here in the UK. We are always going to play catchup, but at least we are playing catchup.

We will get there in the end. Its no over night fix, damn if it was, would make my life a hell of alot easier. As fair as I know, we are the only league to provide "free" racing, but actual prizes provided in the end for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed drivers, even ESL Germany cannot do that

This is not a dig at ESL Germany, its just a point being made. Experience is the upper hand in this game, and ESL Germany ( Hoellsen and Vykos ) have way more experience than me in this field. We are learning here in the UK, and learning fast, so all I can say is watch this space.

As the story stands, I was approched from ESL as being a well known person in the UK for organising stuff, and they asked me 1.5 yrs ago to go EPS, and I was honest and said, UK is not ready for that yet. We need some test seasons to get going, to find out whats what, how it all works etc etc, and this is what we have done. Now we all know whats what, we have Admins on board that are, well just the best at working "for free I must add" and we are building on a reputation that will see us one of the best league's around for LFS and United Kingdom drivers.

It all takes time. Time that we do for nada, things we do that we enjoy, so, please bere with us on this, as we are learning all the time.

It will come good, I know, but time is with us on this, not against us
Just wanted to extend my thanks to the admin team, and all the drivers, for making such a great, close, clean (apart from a few incidents ) and fun season, it was a bit of a rollercoaster, but the last event capped of a great season, I would say it was my favourite event of the season.

See you all next season

Dan,
Quote from Fordman :bla bla bla

So it was poor organising then...

I'd say that insim relay for spectator is so obvious & basic thing to have for league like that, so there can't really be excuses for not having it. Though, future looks bright then with LIVE streams & stuff. Good luck for next seaons!
We did have it, infact I can clearly remember many races when people were watching on LFS spectator.

We had issues with the servers this season, which meant we had to chop and change, use temporary servers etc etc, no really poor organising, just bad luck.

Dan,
My take on the final results, i.e. provisional championship standings
Let me know if anything looks out of place.

Well done all, I've had great enjoyment from this season and looking forward to the next.
Attached images
ERRC after event 9.jpg
ERRC final standings.jpg
8th overall, not too shabby, could have done a lot better if it werent for my 2 "shockers".

Hey Gav, we should get a prize for being the only 2 people who showed up for every event

BTW, anyone got a copy of the replays from last night they could send me?.

Dan,
-
ta matey

Dan,
Quote from danowat :
Hey Gav, we should get a prize for being the only 2 people who showed up for every event

Dan,

and me got disconnected on one of the sprint races, dam internet racing

Keiran
:wow::something:woohoo:erm i mean great Final Race chaps, onwards and forwards.
Quote from Clownpaint :
Who would we contact to get the prizes sent to eachothers adresses or can an admin let ESL know when we give our details?

Mike from ESL UK will be in contact with the winners in Due Course
-
What a fantastic season that was!

ESL UK LFS Season 2
(148 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG