The online racing simulator
Why you shouldnt over tighten your DFP
See attachment, luckily I have a spare (but broken) DFP I was able to salvage another clamp from, so all is good.
Lesson learnt, dont take the clamps much past hand tight
Anyone else done this?
Attached images
dfp_clamp.jpg
Woah! No I've not but now I'm a little worried Thanks for posting that here, it's good to know this can happen! I usually get mine as tight as I can...
3 weeks ago i had the same problem
I was racing and the wheel started doing some crazy noises, and sudenly the piece fell of lol
My solution is using a belt to attach the wheel to table
Lucky you have a spare wheel
I am surprised mine hasn't snapped off yet, I've already damaged my desk as it isn't really designed to have a wheel strapped to it.

I think this is a good advertisement to build a racing frame.
If you don't want to overtighten your wheel's clamps, but still keep it steadily clamped, an easy solution would be to put a stripe of ducktabe (the rubbered one) on the clamps. Works nicely for me
#6 - bbman
Quote from mantis9 :See attachment, luckily I have a spare (but broken) DFP I was able to salvage another clamp from, so all is good.
Lesson learnt, dont take the clamps much past hand tight
Anyone else done this?

How old was that clamp? PVC gets hard and porous over time...
That clamp was probably 3 or 4 years old, I was using a tool to tighten it up, but still I was mildly surprised it broke, but then I know very little about the lifespan of plastics and that stuff.
Thanks for the duck tape trick art555, good idea, Ill use that
#8 - Zowy
DFP bolted to mountimng surface
I through bolted mine to take care of the problem. It's sort of radical, but it takes care of the palstic clamps breaking. Now what will be the next thing to break?
File is too big to download here. to see a how to do it write up go to :

http://www.thewayiplay.com/mai ... msg4620;topicseen#msg4620

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG