The online racing simulator
Real windows
(16 posts, started )
Real windows
i used search function
also wanted to suggest 'rain', but im not the first one what that idea .

Now ur just seeing track through windows.
I think it will be nice if some shading will be added / maybe breaking glass?
like in rally games... .
#2 - herki
like reflections?
couldnt really find the thing i was looking for..
but this looks similiar..

rain drups, and glass broken
#4 - herki
That's a nice effect there

Unfortunately we don't have rain or loose parts yet, so the idea is half-useless. It would be nice to have some texture from the inside, which makes it look like you're looking through glass. And a windscreen that gets dirty. And a car that gets dirty. I think that was brought up before though
I do agree that those are some nice effects and everything, but IMO it's just useless processing that doesnt need to be there except for the rain on the windscreen, once rain and wet weather conditoins get implemented.
broken windows would be nice +1
+1

It is very good idea. One step closer to S2 final.
#8 - llew
Yeah, its a good idea I guess.

But it would get damn annoying very quickly, and its sort of a pointless atheistic feature.

I don't know, I'm divided on this one.

Llew.
Definitely not pointless. I don't care about reflections on the inside of the glass, but out on the track, your windshield is going to get dirty, very dirty. NR2003 and some sprintcar racing game I've played both had dirty windshields and tear-offs on the windshield that you could tear off during a pitstop. A great feature on those sims/games.
+1 for the broken screen ( really impressed by the .jpg, i was a windsreen fitter for 15yrs) that looks so real, lol who remembers the broken screen in TOCA2, it would crack like laminated till you really hit it, then it would magically shatter like toughened glass, leaving frosted jagged bits all arount the outside edge lol (would be a great effect in LFS door/boot glass tho )

+1 for Mr rogers tear-offs that would be cool also

+1 for the reflections so long as there optional, my GF5500 is struggling as it is, lmao
window/glass opticle light reflecting & refracting animations from outside source of light would have to be applied, not bad, that would be a step up of realism to the game, i dont think to tough for the progammers to endeavour.
Yeah, we need reflections on the windshield, definitely. Now it looks like the cars don't have windshields at all.
But when they break we'll also need modified aero models, because a big hole isn't aerodynamic

Nice epic bump there BTW.
This would be a great feature for helping to wrap up S2- it's not mentioned in Scawen's recent to-do list, but along with improved track shadow rendering it would really help to lift LFS out of the older style graphics. In many cars the windscreen takes up roughly about 80% of screen real-estate, so it's a logical place to focus on. Dirt, glare, scratches, reflections off the dash, it would all help with immersion and gameplay enormously. Scawen seems to always find away to improve graphics while optimising framerates so hopefully he can squeeze more in there without sacrificing performance too much. It's a long desired feature request for me, so +1
Two-edged sword... computer screen is already enough restrictive compared to irl, why make it worse? In RBR windshield gets dirt, can break and so on and it looks very nice, but imho it feels already too restrictive, I doubt real drivers have really that bad view in the rain. Something to do with flatness of computer graphics, hard to explain.

How often you see race cars driving on the track with shattered windshields? Not very often, not even in endurance racing. Usually at that point the car would be totalled. But dirt (oil) is big issue.
Quote from deggis :I doubt real drivers have really that bad view in the rain. Something to do with flatness of computer graphics, hard to explain.

When you focus your eyes on the road, the raindrops on the windscreen become blurry... something you can't do on a conventional computer display.

Real windows
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG