The online racing simulator
Ctra 2 (tbo)
(248 posts, started )
No problems at all on todays E-day.

Had some good races (122 laps and still counting) on AS Club and SO Chikane

Everyone raced hard but overall it was very respectfull.

Carry on!
On the topic on endurance day: I enjoyed it a lot, but could something be done about the random number of laps? You never know how much fuel to take. Or is there some way to view the number of laps for the next race?

Though I'm gonna miss the "FUEL !@#@#%" messages from podium place drivers when they are stranded at 2/3 of the race

On the topic of FXO tires: I find they keep having reasonable good grip even if a bit overheated, but you lose all grip in corners if the outer part of the outer tire is (nearing)red, even if the middle and inner part are green
Quote from March Hare :
I know the type. They are so used to hotlapping that they are not able to adapt to other drivers on the server being slower than they are. In other words: Those who can't race.

mm i know plenty of hotlappers (racers), and most of the time the real hotlappers have zero problem racing as they know the track car very well.

So i take offense to that comment. (and no doubt many hotlappers also)

People "driving by themselves" would of worked ok, but you had to go point a finger
Quote from stry90dis :On the topic on endurance day: I enjoyed it a lot, but could something be done about the random number of laps? You never know how much fuel to take. Or is there some way to view the number of laps for the next race?

The number of laps is determined in part by the number of people who are racing in the server. As more join, the number of laps increases marginally. You should be getting a "FUEL WARNING: New Laps 12" or something like that as an RCM if the number of laps is changing from the last race. Let me know if this function is not working.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :mm i know plenty of hotlappers (racers), and most of the time the real hotlappers have zero problem racing as they know the track car very well.

I agree. However, there is a long-established (though I think dying) hotlap mentality. It's been discussed many times in the past. They do still exist, but they are not ALL hotlappers. Hotlapping in a race server still happens, though, and it isn't anything about the individual, it's all about their attitude to other racers - the aforementioned "hotlap mentality". I don't think it's refutable, but as I said I do think it's diminishing.
<3 endurance day.

Just had a great 40 lap race on FE Club. We were 4 cars (1 XRT, 1 RB4, 2FXOs) less than 3 seconds divided for the whole first 30 laps. Then, my (RB4) tyres started to get over 100 degree hot...
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :So i take offense to that comment. (and no doubt many hotlappers also)

Didn't mean to offend, but how did you take offence from that?
I'd say the "hotlappers" you are talking about belong to the other fast drivers category I mentioned. They know how to race. The ones I was referring to by "used to hotlapping" do not.

I do apologise.
Can I approach the subject of contact on the TBO server?, is it a case of a blanket ban on all contact?

I'd add an example replay if I could find them on the CTRA site........
Quote from SamH :You should be getting a "FUEL WARNING: New Laps 12" or something like that as an RCM if the number of laps is changing from the last race. Let me know if this function is not working.

It's working fine. But there are always people who somehow miss the big yellow (is it?) text because they're too busy chatting, like CR|Twinflow yesterday on SO Chicane

Quote from danowat :Can I approach the subject of contact on the TBO server?, is it a case of a blanket ban on all contact?

I certainly hope not. A bit of rubbing and paintswapping now and then can be fun in the TBO's. The problem is where to draw the line between acceptable and not acceptable
Which is why I wanted to post an example replay, but I just can't find where they are all stored on the CTRA website
You have to login to MyCtra and raise a new report in order to select a replay. I don't think you can link directly to a replay on the server, though. You can link to a submitted report with a replay attaced to it, but then you'd have to submit the report first. I don't think you can link to a report that's stored but not yet submitted.

So just raise a new report on the site, find the right replay, download it, then upload it somewhere on a personal space and link to that
I am sure I remember a section on the site where you can download replays, I remember downloading a couple last week, but can't for the life I me remember how or where I did it

I think my brain is turning into mush as I get older
#164 - Dru
Quote from danowat :Nice one, thats the link.

Ok, here is the file, lap 13 onwards

hopefully this will not turn in to a BTCC thread, but the admins (myself included) look at the replay when we can (after 5pm for me) and we will come back with an answer about the 'expected' standard of driving.

#165 - xtm
Quote from zeugnimod :<3 endurance day.

Just had a great 40 lap race on FE Club. We were 4 cars (1 XRT, 1 RB4, 2FXOs) less than 3 seconds divided for the whole first 30 laps. Then, my (RB4) tyres started to get over 100 degree hot...

Brilliant race that was!
Some absolutely cracking racing on Race 2 last night, looks like the TBO class has really kicked off again

Despite a few collisions all was very clean and fair, and even when they did occur it was all taken as part of racing and nobody lost their rag...exactly as it should be.

With the dominance of the FXO though, I think it could be time to look at different multipliers again. The XRT and RB4 can be quick, but it is certainly a lot harder to be quick than in the FXO.
Quote from Bean0 :
With the dominance of the FXO though, I think it could be time to look at different multipliers again. The XRT and RB4 can be quick, but it is certainly a lot harder to be quick than in the FXO.

I have to agree, otherwise we'll end up with 80% + of drivers in FXO's and only a handful in the other two. Got to admit, I'm pretty guilty of this as the FXO is far the easiest TBO car to drive fast (but when yer rubbish you need to try and take every advantage going :razz
Chuck all the multiplyers in you want, I will still drive the FXO 9 times out of 10!!!!, I am in it for the racing, not the points .

It's not that it's faster than the XRT/RB4, I just like the way it drives, I am consistant in it, and it gives good close racing.

The only thing I have a problem with, is the lack of "LFS time" I get , I am gonna try to get an hour in tonight though!!!
I'd rather see the FXO balance than points modifyers, then it's not a choice of "competitiveness versus points". A lot of us on race 2 don't care about points any more anyway.

What about a 1 or 2 % engine restriction?
I am 100% against engine restrictions to balance classes, it never works properly and ruins existing setups.
Not convinced hobbling the FXO is the way to go for competitive racing.

The RB4 and XRT are VERY competitive with the FXO, on some tracks, and in some peoples hands, also, tyres come into play.

I was racing with Gener_Al the other night, I was FXO, he was RB4, we were on South city chicane, I was quicker, but struggled to pass after he got infront at the start because of the superior traction, I managed to get past, but towards the end of the race he was closing again because the FXO's tyres had gone off (it was endurance night BTW)

Also, I have had a few occasions on Blackwood where I have been beaten hands down by both the XRT and RB4.

So I would say it's just not as simple as hobbling the FXO, because in the right hands the XRT and RB4 are more than a match for it.
That's what I'm getting at...the FXO is easier to be fast in, so a lot of people choose it.

If there was an added incentive to use a more difficult car, then we might see the varied grids we used to, especially when the FXO was limited to Platinum and above.
The only incentive's I can think of it points based, which only work for people who are chasing points.

Maybe restricting the FXO to Platinum and above is the way to go, although it doesn't make that much sense to make the "easier" car for more experianced drivers, and the less experianced drivers are forced to drive one of the more difficult cars to drive.

At least the XRT is a fair bit easier to drive since patch Z, I have yet to try the RB4.
do we earn more points when we are driving XRT or RB4?
I thought "we" did, but I am not 100% sure

Ctra 2 (tbo)
(248 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG