The online racing simulator
IMPORTANT question [about system requirements]
Im probibly gonna end up getting this game BUT I got a problem.

System requierments are a 1Ghz Proccesor, I only have 512. Will the game still run smoothley with NO LAG?

Also when you have a steering wheel with clutch pedal, you do need to press it to shift right?
Quote from p1astyk :Im probibly gonna end up getting this game BUT I got a problem.

System requierments are a 1Ghz Proccesor, I only have 512. Will the game still run smoothley with NO LAG?

Are you asking CPU speed or memory? lfs needs lot of cpu power,512 mb memory should be ok. Write down here your computer specs and we can tell you if its enough or not
CPU is 512, i got enough memory. I always had problems playing good games, such as Call of Duty 2 would be a bit laggy on the lowest settings. Flight Sim X worked well on lowest quality though.
#4 - ORION
no chance to get a new computer for like 500$?
I have a notebook here, and I can clock it down to 400MHz. Its a Centrino though, but the fps rate is then kinda low'ish, about 10
It also depens on the graphics card, so if you have a very old CPU, your GPU might be old aswell. Just try the demo i'd say, thats why its there.

[edit]
are you really sure its 512MHz CPU? Could be FSB or the L2 cache aswell...
I have never heared anything about a CPU with 512MHz oO
anyways... try the demo!
http://www.lfs.net/?page=downloads
Quote from ORION :no chance to get a new computer for like 500$?
I have a notebook here, and I can clock it down to 400MHz. Its a Centrino though, but the fps rate is then kinda low'ish, about 10
It also depens on the graphics card, so if you have a very old CPU, your GPU might be old aswell. Just try the demo i'd say, thats why its there.

[edit]
are you really sure its 512MHz CPU? Could be FSB or the L2 cache aswell...
I have never heared anything about a CPU with 512MHz oO
anyways... try the demo!
http://www.lfs.net/?page=downloads

cant use the money for a new computer, thats going towards the steering wheel, but ill probibly check out the demo, just wanted to check if its even worth the time.
Most likely you won't be happy with the results, but yeah, try the demo to see...
#7 - JJ72
I seriously think you can pick up something decent at very a cheap price at some second hand refurbished computer store.
#11 - Jakg
Why spend £150 on a wheel and play it on a PC from the ark? Get a DFP and spend the rest on a PC so the cars look like cars.
Quote from Jakg :Why spend £150 on a wheel and play it on a PC from the ark? Get a DFP and spend the rest on a PC so the cars look like cars.

lol true
the thing I like about the G25 though is that it has a clutch pedal, you dont get that with the DFP.
Quote from p1astyk :CPU is 512, i got enough memory. I always had problems playing good games, such as Call of Duty 2 would be a bit laggy on the lowest settings. Flight Sim X worked well on lowest quality though.

You are confused on computer specs and components. You definitely are not running Flight Sim X on a 512 CPU.....

CPU is the processor. You will see a number and GHz (gigahertz). Typical processor speeds from the last 8 years would be anywhere from 1.2 GHz through, I don't know, 3.4 GHz? (just throwing out some approximate numbers here, but definitely far larger than your 512 stated) Also, this would have Intel or AMD as the name of the processor.

Your 512 number I am guessing is the amount of RAM or memory in mb (megabytes). I don't know if you could run FSX with 512 mb RAM or not. Probably if as you said, you are running on the lowest quality. 512 mb RAM would be plenty for LFS.

The processor (CPU) does the work and the memory (RAM) is the workspace that it does the work in.
Open the control panel in windows (start-control panel)m then click System, and check the values written at the bottom. Just post them here...

specially the line that will look like that:
3.00GHz, 2,00GB RAM
BUT if you really have played FSX, I bet you can also run LFS.
(even though fs2000 was the last one i ever saw, but i don't think they have been improving much performance-wise..)
Yeah, anything bundled with 512MB of RAM will be enough to play LFS.
Quote from LFSn00b :I dunno if the Fanatec 911 Wheel is out but i have heard its a lot cheaper but better than G25. It also has 900 degrees of steering and 6speed gated shifter+reverse.

well what i looked it was something around 340dollars..
#19 - Jakg
Quote from LFSn00b :I dunno if the Fanatec 911 Wheel is out but i have heard its a lot cheaper but better than G25. It also has 900 degrees of steering and 6speed gated shifter+reverse.

it's a lot more expensive (the G25 is £150, the 911 wheel is £200)

Its more expencive, comes with cheapy platic pedals and the shifter is all ropey and wobbles... G25 is as sturdy as the table you attach it too.

you're paying for the emblem. though, I cant help but like the actual wheel
I'd be ignoring a wheel and upgrading the PC itself. A wheel might be good for LFS, but a better CPU and more RAM is good for everything.

And LFS won't run on much below a 1.5GHz CPU, as I can confirm from my old 1.7 box. At start lines it dropped to a rather stuttery 20fps.
FSX runs on 512mb ram, I used to play it, it's slow, but it runs. I think he's confusing the CPU with the RAM
As others have said 512 is likely the amount of RAM you have. You can find your CPU/processor speed by going to start>control panel>system, or on your desktop right click "my computer" and go to properties. The best thing to do would be to try the demo though (it works with mouse/keyboard so you can at least try it out).

Quote from frokki :BUT if you really have played FSX, I bet you can also run LFS.
(even though fs2000 was the last one i ever saw, but i don't think they have been improving much performance-wise..)

Yep, FSX runs even slower than 2000 did. If you can run FSX, LFS should be no problem. I'm a bit surprised you were actually able to run it with 512MB of RAM actually, it uses something like 1400MB on my computer
aight, i downloaded the demo, works smooth and fine. IDC wtf my computer has, as long as it works.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG