The online racing simulator
#1 - Herbz
Xfire in game causing controller problems
Hi there,

when I activate xfire in game to message a friend etc, my car in LFS starts revving uncontrollably. It seems that xfire interferes with my G25 wheel when the xfire overlay is active.

I have previously been able to use xfire in LFS without this strange problem, however that was a good 6-12 months ago.

Can any other players using xfire let me know if they get the same problem?

Cheers.
Do you use H-Shifter? If so, as LFS loses focus, it can't egister that you're in gear, and puts it into neutral. Also, it keeps the pedal held down as you had it, so it revs high in neutral.

I've had that happen with MSN, not sure if it's the same thing for XFire though
#3 - !RAM!
Same thing happens with me It only started happening when i used H-Shifter....i use to just have it as Shift up and shift down...
#4 - Herbz
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Do you use H-Shifter? If so, as LFS loses focus, it can't egister that you're in gear, and puts it into neutral. Also, it keeps the pedal held down as you had it, so it revs high in neutral.

I've had that happen with MSN, not sure if it's the same thing for XFire though

Thanks for your reply,

I use the paddles on the wheel to change gears, however I use the shifter's buttons for pit limiter etc. I'll check to see if the shifter (set to sequential at the mo') is bound to do anything.
Nah, if you use paddles it's not that...It shouldn't go out of gear at all if you're using paddles

Can you grab a quick replay of it happening, and see what's happened? If you look at the bars in the bottom right you can see is the clutch going in, or is the car gone into neutral, or what's happened
#6 - !RAM!
When i turn my Xfire on in-game clutch dousn't go in but Brake and Accelerator goes in half way :S
#7 - Herbz
Hi there,

when I enable xfire the following occurs to my throttle/brake:

Attached images
LFS_xfire.jpg
Jees, same here, and your clutch overheats then, or you have to take gear out, and it will just does the noise, and fuel goes...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG