The online racing simulator
Best REV Configs?
(32 posts, started )
Best REV Configs?
I think some reverse tracks are not driven enough on most servers these days. The Reverse configs for some tracks are well worth it, but some really feel like an entirely different track, and even better than the normal direction!

Just want to see what you guys feel are the best REV configs... and for what car your might prefer to drive them with.

For me they are:

-Blackwood GP REV
-Westhill REV
-Kyoto National REV
-South City Long REV
-South City Town REV
-Fern Bay Black REV

For most of these configs (favorite cars: FO8, FOX, XFR, XRR, FXR, LX4, LX6, RAC)

I actually don't like ANY of the Aston REV courses, they are quite boring in most areas. But maybe Aston Historic REV is alright with faster cars... but the excitement is just not there like with the ones I listed above!

And for the cars driven on them... well nearly all the cars can be fun on them, of course... the larger/faster ones need a faster car to feel good. But for the most part, any car should make those configurations fun, I just wish more servers used them! Kyoto National REV with XFR feels great for example.
The best Revs I can think of now are definitely Aston Cadet rev, and my all time favorite track South City 2 Rev!
FE Green Rev (if I remember correctly), with the GTR cars is rather interesting.

Infact any of the FE courses with the GTR's can be rather hairy, and a lot of fun.
#4 - Goop
Westhill, either way. Fern bay Green REV is a lot of fun in most cars too.
i fell in love with the fe revs while practicing for rtdc
#6 - (SaM)
Quote from Shotglass :i fell in love with the fe revs while practicing for rtdc

Definately a good choice. Alot of drifters love the revs at fern bay. Mainly because of its smooth and twisting turns which seem perfect for drifting and linking drifts too.

As for racing (I do both) I'd say the Westhill Reversed excites me the most in the FOX and FO8, I love the fast turns.
in s1 i used to like the south city unofficial 2 reverse, (sprint track 2 rev in s2?)

but for s2 i like the so city long reverse in the xrg. i roll over and have a cigar after that one joking
#8 - Gunn
I prefer the reverse configs for every track and always have.
#9 - Renku
AS4R, AS3R, SO2R.
I could drive all day in AS4R with LX4, RAC, XRG or GTT.
Can't say I've driven many reverse configs. Really, the only time I have would have been during NAL races. I did like the ones we did. Aston Historic reverse was good, better than normal config.

Also Tweak, was it FE Green or FE Black that we ran in reverse? Can't remember, I'm thinking it was Green (turned left out of the garage). Either or, whichever we ran in NAL was better than the opposite direction.

Westhill reverse, I just couldn't get use to with all the decreasing radius turns compared with normal config.

I tried Aston National reverse in the XFR. I don't know if it was the front wheel drive or the reverse config that I didn't like. Probably the former.

That's about all I've ever tried in reverse config. Maybe some of the SO tracks, but I only like SO Long forwards in anything other than MRT.
Kyoto GP rev (with LX4)
It is cool to see people that do like the Reverse configs, because I honestly see most people neglect them too much just because nobody knows them, or wants to attempt to learn or try them in Reverse format.

Heck, for how nostalgic the classic Blackwood track is, I find that track to be A LOT better in reverse, it flow and connects better there. Braking late into the chicane, coming up over the ridge into Turn 1, it just poses a lot more challenges I think.

I know some games that have reverse configurations for their tracks are just there to have 'more tracks'. LFS probably wanted to create this feeling too, but there is something quite different about running LFS's tracks in reverse... they work both ways, forward or reverse.

I just hope more servers choose them, and stick to them for a while. There are so many car/track configurations I still have yet to try in S2, and when coming online to some mysterious REV config with a random car, it is really neat to learn. But most people give up (especially on Westhill REV). Maybe there should be a league that runs ALL their tracks in Reverse format

Also by doing this, a lot of people could make better setups that are more accustomed to the reverse config. Most people just use the normal configuration setups with switched camber or whatnot, but it doesn't work out to be the solution.

All I am saying is, people should try more Reverse configs, they are quite fun. This also ties into an idea I had for hotlapping, where LFSW should hold a weekly or monthly competition for hotlapping a rare unused car & track. Would be interesting to evaluate the car's ability by doing so.

Kyoto GP rev with gtr's, formulas, and saloon types are fun
Also westhill rev with a lx is so fun. feels right, and is a challenge, although I like to fit my lx's shoes with slicks for the fun of it
Aston Historic REV is friggin scary in that corner where you turn and go down
Quote from SoloNijN :Aston Historic REV is friggin scary in that corner where you turn and go down

"Eau Rouge" is the corner's unofficial name
Almost all reverses are better and harder than standards!

When I read that many people don't use them: illepall Please, try them, and please, put the plubic servers on REV too!
you have to love FE4R (Fern Bay Black Reversed) as well as South City Long rev.

FE4R is quite aptly named imo

to be honest, none of the S1 tracks seem strange in reverse as i have driven them so much, but the S2 tracks in reverse are a little trickier! i have done quite a few but still have alot to learn to get anywhere near competent on some of them, especially the long AS and KY tracks.

@tweaker: i have to agree with you about BL1R! it is much more challenging and i think i even enjoy it more, especially in LX4! my only problem (as with SO long rev) is the heavy downhill braking zones where i usually end up with red hot tyres!
I rarely drive tracks reversed, I tried Ashton National not so long ago, it's a great track reversed, but the first chicane is just horrible, it is hard enough when it isn't reversed. The long Ashton tracks would all be great if it wasn't for that chicane, in my opinion.
It would be nice to see some reversed tracks have slightly different corners than the original track, like a bypass around the chicane of Ashton.
Quote from Cropsy :I rarely drive tracks reversed, I tried Ashton National not so long ago, it's a great track reversed, but the first chicane is just horrible, it is hard enough when it isn't reversed. The long Ashton tracks would all be great if it wasn't for that chicane, in my opinion.
It would be nice to see some reversed tracks have slightly different corners than the original track, like a bypass around the chicane of Ashton.

are you drunk? you appear to be shlurring your sshhhppeeeaaach.

Aston.
Quote from mrbogeyman :are you drunk? you appear to be shlurring your sshhhppeeeaaach.

Aston.

Lol.
It's monday, 10:56am, I'm in work, I want to be on Ashton
South City Sprint 2 rev
BL1R, KY2R, SO(4,5)R. No Westhill for me, thanks
Kyoto GP rev (XFR).
Quote from Cropsy :I rarely drive tracks reversed, I tried Ashton National not so long ago, it's a great track reversed, but the first chicane is just horrible, it is hard enough when it isn't reversed. The long Ashton tracks would all be great if it wasn't for that chicane...

I felt the chicane was much easier in reverse configuration. Especially concidering in the FZR at Aston Hist. reverse, I was braking down from 170 mph for the chicane compared with only slightly over 100 in normal config. You come into it more straight as opposed to having a 90 degree corner in.
KY GP Rev i XRR .. and Westhill Rev in LX4

Best REV Configs?
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG