The online racing simulator
Quote :tut tut becky takes years off your life.

The damned things are harder to give up than coccaine. I know because, well, the reason I smoke is sort of a distraction...
Quote from Becky Rose :The damned things are harder to give up than coccaine. I know because, well, the reason I smoke is sort of a distraction...

My dad is trying to quit smoking atm. It's worrying for me becuase my grandad has a severe lung problem (He's 66) which cause's him to cough alot, and he has to breath in oxygen from a tank every few hours. My grandad got the lung problem from his dad, so it is most likely hereditory. Thats what worrys me, as i dont want my dad to get it and end up the way my grandad is, suffering and having to be hooked up to a machine every few hours.

Thats also the reason i keep fit and active, and i have also never touched anything to do with smoking, whether that be cigarette's or marijuana. I will most likely get it when i get to an older age, so im trying to stay fit and active so that the condition is a minute as possible when i do eventually get it.
Every family has it's genetic gremlins, i'm tall, dont get breasts, have rediculously short eye lashes, and will die of cancer after loosing my marbles and sight, but I do get lovely eyes...

If you let genetic blips rule your life you sound way more paranoid than me, and I was almost admitted for that once
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :My plans for this summer (providing i dont need to lose any weight after checking) is build up my chest abit. I have pretty muscular arm's due to my jobs, and my chest is just a tiny bit out of proportion to them, so im planning to get that up a little.

You don't need to loose weight, keep your weight the same but maybe then ask a trainer to make a training program for you, just try and replace that weight with muscle, you'll still be the same weight but instead of having body fat it will be muscle.
Quote from JO53PHS :No offence, but you're 13 and you weigh the same as my 54 year old dad?

That's pretty fat actually, seeing I'm 6'2" and weigh 155 - 160 lbs. This is also with a decent amount of muscle. Too bad I'm in the inactive months of my year, where I have no sports, although I should atleast run to keep fit for Hockey season.
Quote from danowat :Wow, sounds like everyone is being pretty active!!!

No, not everyone, yet =P

Congrats Dan, I don't think I could do it, thats for sure!
Congrats Dan, be proud about that change to your live

I should be more active too, but even if I trained like mad it would still look like I took steroids or have breasts, because I have a monstrous chest (with a 6-7 litre lung in it...) like my dad
#33 - wark
Quote from danowat :I know, its shameless self promotion, however, I thought it worthy of a mention......

Runnersworld UK (a national running magazine) were doing a feature on how running has changed peoples lives, I was one of the 3 people they featured.

So in the hope that it may push some people to take stock, and maybe even decide to change something in their lives, I decided to post a scan, and yeah, I know, I am not photo-genic, so don't say it

You look great!! I had seen a photo of you with one of your old bikes a while back. Way to go!

This is coming from an 18 BMI distance cyclist... running kicks my ass and this is an encouragement. In fact, I think I'll go for a little jog right now (01:00)!
Quote : I should be more active too, but even if I trained like mad it would still look like I took steroids or have breasts

swap plz k thx
Hey, way to go - excellent comeback I'd say. I know several people around 30-35 who found a way, either through running or cycling, out of extremely unhealthy situations created by their lifestyle; that's something that's worth publicizing I'd say - keep it up!

Quote from Becky Rose :swap plz k thx

Unless you're already in the habit of waxing your chest, I suggest you rethink your wish. :P
Quote from danowat :I am not photo-genic, so don't say it

I don't see the problem, it sure is a good picture of you there. And congrats!
congratulations to your amazing success !
#38 - Vain
Keep it up Dan!

Vain
Quote from Becky Rose :I still smoke though.

Quote from Luke.S :tut tut becky takes years off your life.

To quote the character Dick from the TV show "Third rock from the Sun": "Smoking only takes years off the end of your life... And those years suck anyway."
Quote from sam93 :You don't need to loose weight, keep your weight the same but maybe then ask a trainer to make a training program for you, just try and replace that weight with muscle, you'll still be the same weight but instead of having body fat it will be muscle.

I never said i did. I dont have any body fat on me at all, its all just muscle. Its just i have a target weight which i keep to, so that i keep my b.m.i in check. So at the moment, im going to the gym for a few hours each day, but im mainly working on my chest. My arm's, leg's, shoulder's and stomach are great, just wanna build up my chest a little bit more.

Quote from Becky Rose :Every family has it's genetic gremlins, i'm tall, dont get breasts, have rediculously short eye lashes, and will die of cancer after loosing my marbles and sight, but I do get lovely eyes...

If you let genetic blips rule your life you sound way more paranoid than me, and I was almost admitted for that once

Its not that im paranoid though. Im not thinking about it all the time. Its just that after seing the state my grandad is in at the moment, it just made me think. Cigarette's and drugs dont appeal to me at all. I have never even touched a cigarette in my life, and the only drug i have ever done is cocaine, but i only done that once, and that was about a year and a half ago. Im lot letting this worry rule my life though, its just i like to keep fit and active, so the gym helps with that.
Bah im actually trying to put weight on, was going to start the gym again and build some more muscle but think it might be best to put on a stone first but its impossible!
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Bah im actually trying to put weight on, was going to start the gym again and build some more muscle but think it might be best to put on a stone first but its impossible!

To put the weight on, dont start scoffing junk like chocolate, crisp's etc. Try eating high protein/energy food or drink high energy drinks. This will slowly but surely pile on the pounds, but it wont ruin your stamina etc.
Not too arsed about stamina as i don't play football as much as i used too, was thinking of getting that bulk up stuff, but i just try to eat as much as i can no matter what it is
Hats off to you m8. I remember first meeting you, and now......bloody hell m8 totally different person.

You look miles better for it. Keep it up Dan, and all the best from Fordie and Co
Congrats Dan - really inspiring stuff. I was aware of your training via the thread on here, but hadn't followed it that closely and didn't realise how much it had changed your life (or to put it rather more bluntly, how much you'd let yourself go. ). Well done on your achievements, you've a lot to feel rightly proud about. I'm a gym regular myself (well, sort of, injured knee at the moment) but am naturally slim and can appreciate what kind of a monumental effort you've put in to your running and weight loss.
Quote from Fordman :Hats off to you m8. I remember first meeting you, and now......bloody hell m8 totally different person.

You look miles better for it. Keep it up Dan, and all the best from Fordie and Co

Bloody hell Shaun, you are getting married!!!!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Its not that im paranoid though. Im not thinking about it all the time. Its just that after seing the state my grandad is in at the moment, it just made me think. Cigarette's and drugs dont appeal to me at all. I have never even touched a cigarette in my life, and the only drug i have ever done is cocaine, but i only done that once, and that was about a year and a half ago. Im lot letting this worry rule my life though, its just i like to keep fit and active, so the gym helps with that.

I'm sure I'm one of the least-appropriate people here to be giving lifestyle advice, but:

Enjoy yourself while you're young. Your body is pretty resilient, so have some fun abusing it. You can't suddenly decide to do it when you're older, because it will break you, so do it while you're young.

Once you hit 30 (or 25, depending on how hard you were pushing) you can take stock of the damage you've done and at least remember the good times that got you there. That's when you should start thinking about what age you'd like to die at, and not before.

Fact is, by the time you hit 30 everything's going to be getting creaky or knackered in some way anyway, no matter how careful you were when you were younger. Might as well go for it.
Aaaawwwww, Kev sounds like a bitter old man.
Quote from Kalev EST :Aaaawwwww, Kev sounds like a bitter old man.

Ironically I'm probably much more fun now than when I was a bitter young man.
Quote from jibber :I don't see the problem, it sure is a good picture of you there. And congrats!

Agreed

BTW, I'm 5'10" (and still growing :shrug, slightly underweight and I weigh 9 stone

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG