The online racing simulator
Famous for 15 minutes, AKA, shameless self publication!!!
I know, its shameless self promotion, however, I thought it worthy of a mention......

Runnersworld UK (a national running magazine) were doing a feature on how running has changed peoples lives, I was one of the 3 people they featured.

So in the hope that it may push some people to take stock, and maybe even decide to change something in their lives, I decided to post a scan, and yeah, I know, I am not photo-genic, so don't say it
Attached files
scan0001.pdf - 961.7 KB - 349 views
#2 - J@tko
Quote from danowat :I know, its shameless self promotion, however, I thought it worthy of a mention......

Runnersworld UK (a national running magazine) were doing a feature on how running has changed peoples lives, I was one of the 3 people they featured.

So in the hope that it may push some people to take stock, and maybe even decide to change something in their lives, I decided to post a scan, and yeah, I know, I am not photo-genic, so don't say it

Lovely

Good for you
#3 - Jakg
Quote from danowat :...I decided to post a scan...

Awwww, when are you due?

All I can say is congrats!
#5 - Jakg
On topic - I would recommend the "Suffolk Striders" but alas your from the land where everyone finds their sister strangely attractive (Norfolk).

I really should exercise more - 8 pounds more in the last month :X No idea if 11 stone 8 is normal for a 5'8" 16 year old, though...
Congratulations.

As some of you know I recently did away with the car and moved to a bicycle and i've not regretted it one bit so far. I can already feel myself getting fitter and yesterday armed with my new healthier lifestyle I was officially discharged as an out patient from hospital.

Being healthier on the inside definitely reflects on the outside.

I still smoke though.
good for u man

glad to see people doing something to improve their lives!
and example to the rest of us
Nice one, Dan!

I'm making a lot of changes at the moment, too. Not really health-wise, but that will come when I've cleared some of the other stuff out of the way. Still need to quit smoking, and I think I'll try to use exercise to keep me off the fags.

Probably swimming though - I run like a spaz. There are four pools within biking distance so I can potentially get banned from three for bombing, petting or whatever and still have somewhere to go.
#9 - MR_B
Top stuff! I really hope you inspire others.
Quote from Becky Rose :Congratulations.

As some of you know I recently did away with the car and moved to a bicycle and i've not regretted it one bit so far. I can already feel myself getting fitter and yesterday armed with my new healthier lifestyle I was officially discharged as an out patient from hospital.

Being healthier on the inside definitely reflects on the outside.

I still smoke though.

Any change is a good one IMO, moving from car to bike has loads of benefits

Quote from ayrton senna 87 :good for u man

glad to see people doing something to improve their lives!
and example to the rest of us

Thanks man, bottomline is, if I can do it, anyone can!

Quote from thisnameistaken :Nice one, Dan!

I'm making a lot of changes at the moment, too. Not really health-wise, but that will come when I've cleared some of the other stuff out of the way. Still need to quit smoking, and I think I'll try to use exercise to keep me off the fags.

Probably swimming though - I run like a spaz. There are four pools within biking distance so I can potentially get banned from three for bombing, petting or whatever and still have somewhere to go.

Haha, running like a spaz!!!, I feel for you with the smoking thing, as I understand it's one of the toughest things to stop.

Quote from MR_B :Top stuff! I really hope you inspire others.

If I can just inspire one person, I will be happy
#11 - Smax
Quote from thisnameistaken :

so I can potentially get banned from three for bombing, petting or whatever and still have somewhere to go.

OMG!! the old red'n'white "no this that n' t'other" sign on the wall of every swimming pool [you've got to be a certain age] brings back memories that mate.

As for you Dan, well done, looks like you've shifted an awful lot of weight [my apologies for wading all the way through the text in case that would have told me]

You gotta take of yourself mate, ain't no-one else to do it for you...
Quote from Becky Rose :
I still smoke though.

tut tut becky takes years off your life.

O/T congratz on being pregnant danowat when are you due?:P
Quote from Smax :OMG!! the old red'n'white "no this that n' t'other" sign on the wall of every swimming pool [you've got to be a certain age] brings back memories that mate.

Glad somebody remembered it.
Heh grats, you convinced me to pick my butt up this summer and do something other then LFS and forum whore. lol.

I'm probably one of the skinniest guys ever but this summer seemed to have started on a way that will get me an extra 20-30 pounds lol.

Good luck with your running.
Got to hand it to you mate, congrats on the achievement.

This reminds me that I have got to join the gym what the form is sat in front of me, since my accident I haven't done any exercise and my accident was over a year ago. This has stopped me from doing martial arts and boxing what I enjoyed deeply. The only thing about the gym I am going to join is the name, people think I will be turning into a bodybuilder because it is called Xtreme Muscle but who cares I am going to train to tone and be strong not look strong. Exercise is a big thing in life and you have seen that what is a good thing, well done. Some people of the weight you used to be would be to embarrassed to exercise and to achieve what you have done so you should feel happy for yourself, once again congrats.

Edit: This shows how much I haven't exercised:
When I went into hospital I was about 4ft 11 and weighed just under 7 stone but you couldn't see it, when I came out of hospital I was about 5ft and weighed 5stone 12 because I couldn't do anything for 7 weeks whilst in hospital now a year later I am about 5ft 3 and weigh just over 9 stone and you can now see it so I want to go back to being toned and muscular and you have basically told me to get off my ass and do something about it, thanks for that. I am not bothered that I weigh 9 stone it's just that it's in body fat and I can't stand the look of it on myself, I rather be toned/muscular (Same thing)
Congrats and what you've achieved so far, but keep concentrating on pushing further.

I too have recently joined back up to the gym again (didn't quite sign back up in January as first planned though). I'm impressed how quick my body is remembering how to lift weights, although I don't remember it knackering me out this much. Unfortunately I'm going after work (twice a week, third time at the weekend), and once I'm done with weights it's getting too late to do some cardiovascular excercise - I want to go home and eat. Really need to force myself to start doing some longer cycles at the weekend but I don't quite have the incentive when I'd be going alone.

As usual making time is always the hardest thing to do, too much I want to do and all the time I'm working, there's not the time to do it all. :|
Technically you were the reason i decided to do something different and instead of running or gong to the gym, i took up a new sport.

End result = Picked the wrong sport, got hit very hard, have now spent the last 3 months sitting on my backside, working from home, getting fat.

next time I'll just run.
Wow, sounds like everyone is being pretty active!!!
That's a fantastic story Dan, congratulations!
That is quite inspiring. It made me feel like i want to get in better shape. I weigh too much for my height. I am 6"2 and weigh 15 stone.
#21 - 5haz
Wow, now that really is dedication, congrats!

I wish I could commit myself to something like that, but I'm just too lazy.

Quote from Bob Smith :Congrats and what you've achieved so far, but keep concentrating on pushing further.

I too have recently joined back up to the gym again (didn't quite sign back up in January as first planned though). I'm impressed how quick my body is remembering how to lift weights, although I don't remember it knackering me out this much. Unfortunately I'm going after work (twice a week, third time at the weekend), and once I'm done with weights it's getting too late to do some cardiovascular excercise - I want to go home and eat. Really need to force myself to start doing some longer cycles at the weekend but I don't quite have the incentive when I'd be going alone.

As usual making time is always the hardest thing to do, too much I want to do and all the time I'm working, there's not the time to do it all. :|

As you said you need to force yourself do that, when I used to do martial arts my instructors always used to say thats your mind wanting to give up but your body can keep going you just need to over ride what your brain is telling you to do and beat it, just thought I would say
Quote from danowat :I am not photo-genic, so don't say it

Meh, like it even matters

Happy for you man
Quote from Luke.S :That is quite inspiring. It made me feel like i want to get in better shape. I weigh too much for my height. I am 6"2 and weigh 15 stone.

No offence, but you're 13 and you weigh the same as my 54 year old dad?
Nice read dan, well done on this!

I too have signed back upto the gym. I have some gym equipement here at my house which i use in the winter, but its only things like weights, and treadmill and a rower. Then in the summer, i join up to the gym up the town centre.

Overall, i am happy with my weight. In all honesty though, i do need to measure my height and weight again. Last time i checked (about 3 months ago), my B.M.I was spot on, so i was happy with that. My plans for this summer (providing i dont need to lose any weight after checking) is build up my chest abit. I have pretty muscular arm's due to my jobs, and my chest is just a tiny bit out of proportion to them, so im planning to get that up a little.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG