The online racing simulator
Should we have a drag car?
(45 posts, started )

Poll : Should we have a drag car

Closed since :
Yes
No
#26 - Jakg
No, I don't think they tyres actually move around the rim at all.
Why would you only have a car for one track, would be a waste of time and effort, it would be much better spent on a useful circuit racing car/road car that could be used anywhere
Quote from kirmy :Why would you only have a car for one track, would be a waste of time and effort, it would be much better spent on a useful circuit racing car/road car that could be used anywhere

Spot on!

I think we need more circuit racing stuff. Then eventually in the future drag car would be cool.
#30 - pipa
Yes , we should have drag car . More cars = more fun
Yes, yes, and yes! If a drag car and an oval stock car of some sort was added I think this would be the perfect racing game (for me, at least).

I would even settle for a old muscle car, that would fit right in at a drag strip.
While a drag car would be nice to have, it would still be virtually worthless until LFS's drag strip works correctly. Frankly, the only way that the drag strip is the least bit of fun is if you run the ISRM mod (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=28815). Otherwise, drag racing in LFS is completely unrealistic and not fun at all.

We need 60' times, reaction times, staging, redlighting, etc. implemented in the game. But most importantly we need the tire physics bugs fixed and the car setups made more realistic.

Until these things are done, having a drag car would be completely worthless. If these things do eventually get done, having a drag car would be mostly unnecessary anyway.
Along with what cue-ball suggested, i think the drag strip could also do with some kind of sand trap at the end, and maybe even lengthening? Imo, i dont think the drag strip is currently long enough to safely stop a funny car going 300mph+.
Quote from tiagolapa :Spot on!

I think we need more circuit racing stuff. Then eventually in the future drag car would be cool.

again Im sure most of us would like it but more circuit tracks first
Why not, after tyre physics are perfected and a real automatic transmission added.
Nobody drives the dragstrip so why do we need a special car? If you like a drag car try something with LFS Tweak (you can change tires and engine, i tried it and it is fun for only 5 minutes).
Quote from marzman :Nobody drives the dragstrip so why do we need a special car? If you like a drag car try something with LFS Tweak (you can change tires and engine, i tried it and it is fun for only 5 minutes).

Nobody drives the dragstrip? I guess you've never seen a server up with the dragstrip?

Start a server and see how long it takes for people to get into it.
Y
E
S
Quote from scoobyrbac :Nobody drives the dragstrip? I guess you've never seen a server up with the dragstrip?

Start a server and see how long it takes for people to get into it.

I agree with this...

maybe the reason why anyone dont see Drag Strip servers up, is because race drivers or Drag Strip Admins are busy racing in GT, GP, Circuits and Endurance...

Just a thought
Simply YES! we should have this kind of race. Because DRAG RACING is part of a Racing Sports.
I'm pretty good at moving up gears! count me in!!

one of those ridiculous stupid looking american things only!

big engine on a fishing rod kinda deal!

sweet
Quote from Deejayyaj :Simply YES! we should have this kind of race. Because DRAG RACING is part of a Racing Sports.

yes, like the mad uncle.. it is part of the family.
Quote from Richie Cahill :yes, like the mad uncle.. it is part of the family.

I would compare it to the mad dog you had since childhood, he still is a part of the family
Quote from BAMBO :I would compare it to the mad dog you had since childhood, he still is a part of the family

that works!

Drifting can be the mad uncle and NASCAR can be the red headed stepchild..

Should we have a drag car?
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG