Should we have a drag car?
(45 posts, started )

Poll : Should we have a drag car

Closed since :
Yes
No
#1 - BAMBO
I'm not actually a dragster fan, for Pete's sake I'm east european but we allready have a drag track, why not finish it with it's own funny car? I bet there still are some drag fans in the LFS community...........I think.
LFS is a serious sim, so we dont need funny cars.
nah, just kidding. i think thats not really a good idea, wich other car only fits on one track?
#3 - BAMBO
Quote from Stefani24 :LFS is a serious sim, so we dont need funny cars.
nah, just kidding. i think thats not really a good idea, wich other car only fits on one track?

Don't tell me the MRT is good at anything else except Autocross.
do i need to say more then FE1,AS1?
why would anyone vote no? if you dont like the car, just dont drive it. its always funny when people will say no to new content.
#6 - BAMBO
What I meant was that an MRT can only beat other cars on Autocross tracks. Put it on any other track with another car and it would loose badly.......excepting the UF1, that thing is slow.
f

A

I

L
Quote from BAMBO :Don't tell me the MRT is good at anything else except Autocross.

The MRT is good at something else than Autocross.

Why would you want to race MRT together with other car classes anyway?
#9 - BAMBO
Quote from zeugnimod :The MRT is good at something else than Autocross.

Why would you want to race MRT together with other car classes anyway?

Well in that case a funny car is also good at something else then drag racing.......................burnouts! Now they're even
Quote from Gabkicks :why would anyone vote no? if you dont like the car, just dont drive it. its always funny when people will say no to new content.

Because if the devs implemented a drag car it would mean time was spent that could've been spent on a much more interesting car. Now if the question was "if you could have a drag car now without any time investment or other drawbacks regarding LFS development, would you want it?" then the answer would of course be yes - even though drag racing is pretty much non-existent in LFS, partly because the tyre modelling is not up to scratch for it.
Oh yeah, and drag racers cant (or can only barely) turn, so you cant use them on rcs. mrt turns fine.
Quote from Stefani24 :Oh yeah, and drag racers cant (or can only barely) turn, so you cant use them on rcs. mrt turns fine.

Sure it turns but you will be 60 years old by the time the race is finished.Don't get me wrong, it's a good little car, I like it but I just can't live with it because of it's top speed.

PS: From what I know MRT racing is dead at the moment.
It is only logical that we have a drag car of some sort. We do have a drag strip after all. It also then seems logical that we have an oval car as we also have an oval track. None of the cars we have now is any real challenge to drive on the oval as it is much too large for the cars we have and only the FB1 or FO8 is squirly enough to be a challenge on the drag strip.

Hence why adding in these tracks was a an ill concieved idea. The drag strip is in as far as I know because there was a large number of young drivers that would corupt racing on blackwood trying to drag down the back straight during races that adding in a dragstrip was an attempt to get that activity to move to a place where is was not interfearing with racing. I may be wrong though.
We have a Drag Strip, why not have a Drag Car to go along with the strip? It would make it more useful and more fun. It would bring more racer's to LFS because Drag Racing is one of the top sports in the world.

Edit: Can anyone find what rank Drag Racing is in the world? I'v tryed finding it but I can't.
It would be nice, although more work would be needed on the drag racing side of things (not just the car). If we could find a way to modify the tyre grip, everything else is possible already.
Drag has no sense IMO, like ovals

But as Gabkicks said, no problem adding new content related to racing.
Of course we should. The only thing is that there are more important things first.
Of course we need one, eventually.

Shouldn't be a high priority at the moment, though, IMO.

edit: I should really read threads before replying. ^^
Quote from BAMBO :What I meant was that an MRT can only beat other cars on Autocross tracks. Put it on any other track with another car and it would loose badly.......excepting the UF1, that thing is slow.

Eh, check FE1. It's faster then: XFG, XRG, XRT, RB4, FXO, LX4 and LX6, UF1, RAC and FZ5. But why would you want to race it against an other car? It's a class of its own.
impossibl is nothing in LFS
I voted yes. More important things need to be sorted now, but it would be brilliant to have one in the end.
Quote from Bob Smith :It would be nice, although more work would be needed on the drag racing side of things (not just the car). If we could find a way to modify the tyre grip, everything else is possible already.

Aside from putting the engine in the rear bumper it looks like (only way to get enough traction I know :P)

That wasn't too far from real life.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XttOe4rerLo

Anything without an automatic transmission pretty much needs a certain amount of wheel spin to get off the line without bogging. I don't think it helps that lfs lays down tire marks as soon as the tire looses any grip at all...it always looks a bit exagerated when you're leaving tire marks behind.

The tires do need more grip though

(I'm sure you know all this, just saying it was pretty close :P)
Maby we need to get Scawen set up to get behind the wheel of a REAL drag car like he did the FBM????
Quote from scoobyrbac : It would bring more racer's to LFS because Drag Racing is one of the top sports in the world.

In USA
Do the tires in LFS bunch up during launches like in that drag video ^?

(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG