The online racing simulator
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Pff, I posted that AGES ago

Shouldn't show turbo vacuum when idling, surely that's impossible just after switching on your car?

Also it seems to be in minus even when the turbo has pressure, as shown in the analogue gauge

I haven't tried the new patch so far, but considering a real life car like an Audi TT MK1 has a max boost of .9 bar and only goes up to that value under full tilt it should be realistic.
A friend of mine with that car had a boost gauge installed and it showed minus values even when accelerating slightly, only if I pushed the pedal more than let's say fifty% it went up to positive figures.
Quote from Smolar :I'm wondering why u swaped position of gauges in XRG It's useless change i'm sorry. Changing it back will take 5 mins i guess. I hope u will consider it Scawen

Well... I agree swapping them back is better, but maybe a different reason. Speed is almost invisible now in corners (pit entrance for example), so you can't see at all if you're speeding now... last version removed digital speedo, now move it behind the wheel/arms... no good.

But for the rest I like the new textures
Sorry if this question has been asked 100 times, so if has, can someone direct me to an answer..

The UFR Speedo/dashboard. Is that going to stay like that or is the whole thing, door to door going to be updated?

Thanks .
Quote from Mischa NED :Scawen - Is this a known problem? Maybe even solved? I had the same, but.. in Y24!

I have 2 installations in 2 different directories, a Y version and a Y24 version. I drove S2 content yesterday evening on the Y version.

This morning I tried to drive a S2 car on Y24, but after selecting a S2 car I got an empty screen. Only the "Cars" and "back" or "ready" button were visible. I expected the pit screen. After pressing enter to join the race (from that empty screen) I received the message "Could not load Mischa's car".

I tried the same with Demo cars and I was surprised to see them work, so.. even with my "unlocked" license, I decided to unlock it again.. to see if it unlocks the content then. But it didn't solve the problem.

In the first place I didn't want to update to Y30 and just wait for Z, but because I couldn't drive S2 content I updated to Y30 and... there I don't have this problem.

I've got no idea if this is Y30 related, but if you want I can perform some more tests.

UPDATE - If you want me to do some more tests I might need some more unlock options, cause I'm out of unlocks and have to wait till friday When you release patch Z you add some unlocks again too? I hope so

I have given you some more unlocks to try again.

So can I check what you are saying... is it that the cars which do not load, do not load in Y24? What about in Y30? Can you successfully unlock with Y30?

You may need to click "Lock LFS - return to demo" and then unlock again.

Please let us know exactly which versions it does and doesn't work with.
Quote :
Please can you explain this? I don't know what you mean, the FBM and RAC default skins seem ok in my version.

When i go to carselection screen and select the FBM, put on the "default" skin / paintjob i get blackmarks all over the car. And this is with a new install of the Y30.. not a big deal as i only have to copy the FBM_default from another version.

I just mentioned it if someone else had noticed it too

Oh yeah btw, about that analog turbogague: is it possible to make it work like a real turbogague? i mean, on idle = stay @ 0bar/psi, engine brake = -XX bar/psi... would be good..

but u maybe are doing this for a future patch? what do i know, i only drive
Quote from Feffe85 :When i go to carselection screen and select the FBM, put on the "default" skin / paintjob i get blackmarks all over the car. And this is with a new install of the Y30.. not a big deal as i only have to copy the FBM_default from another version.

I just mentioned it if someone else had noticed it too

Has anyone else seen this bug?
Quote from Scawen :Has anyone else seen this bug?

To clarify for everyone.. the FILE ("FBM_default.jpg") is containing the image of RAC's default skin.. to make that clear.. :/ it´s not a BUG per se.. as i can just switch the file and get on with my life. but i wondered if anybody else had that missmatched file? :/
There shouldn't even be any XXX_DEFAULT.jpg skins in your skins folder.

LFS is supplied with dds skins in the skins_dds folder. So I guess you put this in there yourself.
Quote from Scawen :There shouldn't even be any XXX_DEFAULT.jpg skins in your skins folder. LFS is supplied with dds skins in the skins_dds folder. So I guess you put this in there yourself.

ur damn right..

but, its an clean install... or WAIT! no my bad! wrong folder sorry to confuse u Scawen..
I don't know if it's my monitor, but on certain areas where the sunlight doesn't hit the dashboard directly i can't almost see the depht of the gauges. On shadow areas i understand, but otherwise it should still be enough to distinguish.

On the first pic the car is on a place where the sunlight comes from the behind, but it makes the gauges completly dephtless. I can only see it really well when the sun is at the angle like pic 2.
Attached images
lfs_00000032.JPG
lfs_00000033.JPG
Quote from LiveForBoobs :I don't know if it's my monitor, but on certain areas where the sunlight doesn't hit the dashboard directly i can't almost see the depht of the gauges. On shadow areas i understand, but otherwise it should still be enough to distinguish.

On the first pic the car is on a place where the sunlight comes from the behind, but it makes the gauges completly dephtless. I can only see it really well when the sun is at the angle like pic 2.

Same thing here.. Must be because of the angle of the meterhousing or something..
Quote from AndroidXP :No, they're custom tyre textures and I've already PM'ed him the answer in order to minimize the spam in this thread, but before anyone else asks and creates more spam, you can download these excellent tyre textures here.

sorry, I misunderstood, I was tired of a whole night up...
Hi. Changes are looking nice. I like the realistic interiors of the road cars.

Small minor error. XFR has some strange left over polygon in the rear left side, inside the car. It is visible from external view as well and I can't see it in anything before Y30.
Attached images
XFR.jpg
XFR2.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Try sitting in a real car. You will notice the rear mirror is not way up high above your head at the top of the windscreen. In fact the bottom of the mirror is just slightly above your eye height.

It wouldnt help because most cars these days have a very different cockpit compared to the XR. I'm 6'6" tall and in most cars my line of sight is somewhere at the top lining of the windscreen

But stilll I was in error though. Applying some geometry on the XR (pencil and printscreen of the XR side view) learned that it is in the proper position but the XR has a relatively high cut windscreen so there is quite a slab of glass above the mirror which was what gave me the idea the positioning was wrong.

Anyway, just to get that out of the way. It's not related to the patch.
Is it a bug that the dials are not visible in Shift-U mode or haven't I found the right switch yet?
Attached images
dials.jpg
Read before the green line, and if it's a bug read the whole post

I found a bug with G25 shifter. I was checking the new reverse lights on XFG, I was on shift+u mode, and I see something wrong:

This is wrong, but happened
With the clutch pushed 100% I introduced all the gear, but only first second and thirth was OK. When I put fourth gear on my shifter the game shows thirth, and the same thing occurs whit the other gears. But if you push a little bit the throttle pedal then the gear change.

Checked again. The only gear who works fine is the gear I introduce while the car in in neutral. All othe shifts dont show up in the game until I presh the throttle, even if I put Neutral

Thirth check with another discovery
It works well if I release the clutch pedal. IT's OK or a bug?

My car was auto-staled by the game because I stop for several seconds.
Quote from Ramses :But stilll I was in error though. Applying some geometry on the XR (pencil and printscreen of the XR side view) learned that it is in the proper position but the XR has a relatively high cut windscreen so there is quite a slab of glass above the mirror which was what gave me the idea the positioning was wrong.

Anyway, just to get that out of the way. It's not related to the patch.

Thanks you for that investigation.

I think there is an illusion effect that seems to make the mirrors look too low in most of the cars. The 3D to 2D projection seems to amplify the width of that glass above the mirror.

It always seems strange to me, they look right from outside and wrong from inside. But then sitting in a real car, shutting one eye, measuring the apparent size of the mirror and the gap above it, between two fingers etc... seems to show that it's just an illusion.
I found that I can see through the dials when using my custom cam and chase view in XRT, and the shadow has a big hole in it when the car is flipped. I've not checked the other cars yet.

Best way to check the dials is to drive over the painted rumble strips, it's not that visable in the screen shot.
Attached images
lfs_00000048.JPG
lfs_00000049.JPG
Quote from Scawen :I have given you some more unlocks to try again.

So can I check what you are saying... is it that the cars which do not load, do not load in Y24? What about in Y30? Can you successfully unlock with Y30?

You may need to click "Lock LFS - return to demo" and then unlock again.

Please let us know exactly which versions it does and doesn't work with.

Okay here we go. Yesterday I had 2 LFS installations: LFS 0.5Y16, the other LFS 0.5Y24. Today i found out Y24 didn't work anymore, so I decided to install a 3rd: LFS 0.5Y30. That one worked fine (clean install). First I copied Y24 and tried to update, but I had the same problem as in Y24.

I tried some things for you. First I checked if the problem was still and only in the Y24 installation and yes. Y16 and Y30 work without a problem, Y24 still gave the "empty" screen. I had problems in both singleplayer as multiplayer, so I decided to test this in singleplayer. This is what I did in the Y24 installation:

1) I checked if my license was unlocked -> yes
2) I started singleplayer game and clicked garage on the blackwood track
3) I saw no car selected, so I decided to pick one and choose FZR
4) An (almost) empty screen appears: left top shows FZ50 GTR, right mid shows "Car" and left bottom "Ok"
5) After clicking ok/pressing enter a text message keeps repeating "Could not load Mischa NED's car"
6) I tried the same with demo content -> no problem at all

You gave me some extra unlocks and asked me to try lock back to demo, so I did:

1) Locked back to demo
2) I started singleplayer game again, but now the repeating message "Could not load Mischa NED's car" appears already

I thought this could be because LFS had already a "selected" car in memory. Maybe this was S2 content? So I tried to select a demo car first.

1) Select demo car
2) Select s2 car -> again messages

But yeah.. I'm using demo content now, so I shouldn't be able to select s2 content. Maybe some memory thing, so I decided to restart LFS and now got a neat message after clicking s2 content that I needed to unlock first, so..

1) Unlocked LFS
2) Select S2 content -> works

My conclusion: locking back to demo, unlocking and restarting LFS might be the solution for the problem. Maybe one of my actions above helped to solve it (selecting demo content first after locking back?). This all happened in LFS 0.5Y24 already before I installed and tried the Y30 patch.

I hope you can do something with this information ;-) Good luck!
Really really nice improvments there, loving the interiers!

I know this might not be the place for suggestions but I will say it anyway.

It will be very hard to figure out how and to do it, but what about have animations of the driver actually moving his/her hand to change gear? Will look a lot more realistic that way.

Just thought I would say seems as you are still in the process of making patches so might be something nice to think about. You have proberly already had people talking about this or taking it into account, but would be a nice new feature to go along with it
I can assign mouse and keyboard buttons to throttle and brake but pressing them won't do anything while in joystick/wheel mode.
(I also tried a "mouse to joystick mapper" program and the buttons pressed are recognized as joystick buttons but won't do anything for brake and throttle.)
In mouse/keyboard mode they do work and it only seems to affect throttle/brake.

Would it be possible to assign values below 1 for mouse axis sensitivity?

It'd be nice if there were button control rate, steer centre reduction and mouse axis sensitivity in joystick/wheel mode too (one unified mode).
Quote from LiveForBoobs :I don't know if it's my monitor, but on certain areas where the sunlight doesn't hit the dashboard directly i can't almost see the depht of the gauges. On shadow areas i understand, but otherwise it should still be enough to distinguish.

Jep same here, it's too dark.
Quote from Scawen :Thanks you for that investigation.

I think there is an illusion effect that seems to make the mirrors look too low in most of the cars. The 3D to 2D projection seems to amplify the width of that glass above the mirror.

It always seems strange to me, they look right from outside and wrong from inside. But then sitting in a real car, shutting one eye, measuring the apparent size of the mirror and the gap above it, between two fingers etc... seems to show that it's just an illusion.

I was thinking it had to do with not phisically being in the scene but then I realized that when you look through a window at an interior you don't have this effect either.

The only, far fetched, reason I can think of is that we dont just measure distance by perspective but also by measuring the angle between both our eyes and the amount we have to focus to get it sharp. Because we don't have that info when we look at a computer screen our brains do not correct it.

I can think of an experiment with track IR. When it would be possible to blur the entire scene except for the 3d-object that is in the line of focus, maybe part of the illusion is restored.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y30 : XF / XR Interiors
(447 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG