The online racing simulator
Local News
(42 posts, started )
Local News
I love local news. It's like normal news but less exciting. Here's the headline intended to sell my local paper today:

http://teop.org/media/york_boys.jpg

York is so ghetto. Anybody else want to share what's happening in their town?
#2 - Jakg
Most exciting thing round here was the IT Tech at my School (who "left" the School after sending a pic of his "thing" to a student...) is now going to spend a year holding onto the soap in prison.

Frend of mine slapped him as a joke a while back, and now thinks he's some sort of pedo vigilante :X
I live in London, so odds are it'll be some teenage kid getting knifed again.

Although where I used to live in Scotland, that duck story would've been front page news and the first 3 pages as well. Man that was redneck.

MAN CAUGHT WEARING T-SHIRT FOR 3RD DAY!
There was a scandal in Carstairs this morning as John Smith, 39, was caught wearing the same t-shirt he has had on for the past 3 days.
"I was just doing the garden, it didn't seem worth putting a clean one on," he said when questioned.
An anonymous tipster reported his 'filthy behaviour' to the police when a shocked neighbour spotted a grass stain on his left shoulder.
"Well I couldn't believe it," the neighbour, a 64-year-old woman said, "It's like he doesn't have any other clothes. And I know he does, because he has this lovely checked shirt with lapels that I've seen him in a few times. And some nice jeans. But this is the first time I've ever seen him wear the same thing for more than maybe two days in a row. I don't think I can keep living in the area if he's going to insist on keeping it up."

etc.

WOMAN TRIPS OVER STONE
An outcry over a small pebble on a public path began today as a woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, tripped over it and almost injured herself.
The pebble, of unknown origin and age, did not deny the charges but sat in the courtroom in a stony silence. The pebble, standing at 2cm high and several in circumference, was taken to the dock in cuffs and is considered to be a dangerous criminal. An forensic investigator had this to say of the incident:
"We believe the pebble has been laying in wait for several days, probably not moving at all. It was like it was just waiting for a victim to happen upon it. I for one am glad this vicious and dangerous criminal has been brought to justice. If she had actually fallen or maybe sprained her ankle, I don't know how it could live with itself."
There's been some pretty bad things happen here in redditch, but i think that the funniest, is that a man was convicted back in 93' for having sex with pavements around town.
My favourite when I lived in Wakefield was a group of "vandals" who had thrown yoghurt at a community centre. I can't imagine how long it took the custodians to clean up some spilt yoghurt - hanging's too good for them!
#7 - ajp71
The entire front page of my local newspaper was dedicated to this shocking story today.
#8 - HVS5b
Quote from thisnameistaken :I love local news. It's like normal news but less exciting. Here's the headline intended to sell my local paper today:

http://teop.org/media/york_boys.jpg

York is so ghetto. Anybody else want to share what's happening in their town?

I like ducks, but thats still and funny headline, in a rather sick and unfortunate way

Here in Edinburgh........

http://edinburghnews.scotsman. ... ds-fake-belly-.3596108.jp

Two points:

1) How is there a Santa in Westerhailes shopping centre? Westerhailes is where you go to recover 95% of Edinburghs stolen goods. His presents (and indeed fake belly) would be gone as soon as Santa nicked out for his first fag of the day.

2) You gotta love the last sentance in the report.... A council with a sense of humour? Never..........
Quote from mookie427 :whats made the news in Oxford today, slightly more serious for once

http://www.oxfordmail.net/disp ... survives_river_plunge.php

Quote : However she had a very faint heartbeat and police have retracted their statement confirming her death this afternoon.

Cock-up of the year

Quote : Police are continuing to monitor the scene of the accident.

In case she tries it again?

Gotta love local news, especially rural local news...our local paper is weekly, and still manages to be 8 pages long, with 1 page dedicated to pictures of livestock
Nothing in my local news over here but typical tax increases.

I wish I could go to work and say, "My wife and I approved our latest budget for this year and I'll have to increase my wages to hold to that budget..."
Quote from dougie-lampkin :
Gotta love local news, especially rural local news...our local paper is weekly, and still manages to be 8 pages long, with 1 page dedicated to pictures of livestock

Limerick Leader?
Yes, and the Post
Some of these are great. I especially liked the socially aware Santa.
Your local papers have websites :jawdrop:
Um, wow

Clicky

Our local paper is 'Britain's oldest newspaper'
#22 - Dru
Wow, I though American news was bad. At least stuff happens here.
Quote from Gil07 :Your local papers have websites :jawdrop:

Hah, even the crappiest and smallest ones do
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :There's been some pretty bad things happen here in redditch,

Your telling me, all I keep hearing is that Redditch is full of thief's & the coppers are all bent to. I read somewhere about a man who was tricked out of a life changing amount of money, then he was harassed by the people who robbed him to such an extent that he nearly killed himself. When he finally went to the police they told him he was full of poo & gave him a warning for harassment.

Just goes to show you THERE IS NO JUSTICE.

Local News
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG