The online racing simulator
LFS Tweak for Y
(160 posts, closed, started )
How extraordinarily cool would it be to have a new patch for the weekend, eh?

It's possible
Quote from dougie-lampkin :How extraordinarily cool would it be to have a new patch for the weekend, eh?

It's possible

doubt it mate
Quote from batteryy :i have the patch Y tweak, one guy here were making threads about it. good work mods, fast topic erasing but not enough fast for me
but im still figuring out how to use it

Thx for Sharing it if its true =)
Quote from l1k3z0mg :Ummm i take it you have never used any of the older tweaks... you can't make the tires wider or use slicks..., all you do is add power and add gears...
And patch Z won't be coming out for a bit, and there is no such thing as S2 Beta .

you said three things in your post and all are wrong

Ummm i take it YOU have never used any of the older REAL tweaks (and not that crappy tune app)... because you could make the tires wider or use slicks... as well as you could add power and add gears... all this in Tweak V and even more in older tweaks.

Secondly, patch Z is coming really soon, as prove links posted above...

Finally, Z should be one of the last S2 alpha stage patches and then we will be in S2 beta (ok, partially wrong here )
Quote from MarioX :Finally, Z should be one of the last S2 alpha stage patches and then we will be in S2 beta (ok, partially wrong here )

Aha, you're forgetting patch AA, AB, AC, AD, etc. We still have another 676 alpha patches, assuming they don't decide to go through AAA, AAB, AAC, AAD, etc., meaning another 17,576 alpha patches

Going on a basis of one patch every 3 months (about average I'd say), expect S3 Final sometime in the year 4937 God I'm so optimistic :P
Quote from Nicocrank :Thx for Sharing it if its true =)

you mean that i vould'v shared it? no i didnt. i mean that i was enough fast to dl it
I tried starting it before LFS, and, it works!

It needs patch Y though, it won't work on the test patches

E: Is there any way to downgrade from Y24 to Y? I don't want to use another unlock for pointless reasons I only have 1 left, so I'll save it for Z
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I tried starting it before LFS, and, it works!

It needs patch Y though, it won't work on the test patches

E: Is there any way to downgrade from Y24 to Y? I don't want to use another unlock for pointless reasons I only have 1 left, so I'll save it for Z

uhm wtf? you can use your username and password to unlock as many LFS'es as you want. Or am I missing something?
You have 3 unlocks, and you get more every Friday, up to a maximum of 3. So in total you get 6 unlocks. I've used 5

You can request extra ones from Vic when a new patch comes out if you need one though
"up to a maximum of 3" doesn't mean that you can get only three additional unlocks ever - what it means is that every Friday your unlock count is checked and If you have less than three left, then you get an additional one (correct me if I'm wrong )

Edit: should be less than two left...
Then why does mine say I have 2 unlocks, even though I haven't used any in months? Shouldn't I have 3?

Anyway, I have 2, so I can unlock a Y

E:
Quote :Initially you will be granted 3 unlocks. In addition, you get an additional unlock available every friday, provided you do not already have 2 unlocks available.

So you get one every Friday, as long as you have less than 2 left. I read that wrong anyway :doh:
Ok the new patch is out.. where are ya bob?
/me waits for Tweak Z. :/
waiting tweak and bespoke for z.... COME ON!! make and release it someone!
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :waiting tweak and bespoke for z.... COME ON!! make and release it someone!

NOKIDDING :smileyrai...
I'm hungry.. And I will continue to starve, until someone feeds me with a lfs tweak for patch Z! Hurry! I just wanna scream!
I want it.. and i want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bitching and moaning ISN'T going to speed things up. Have patience and you never know, you might be rewarded.

I don't know when I'm going to get around to looking at such things again, and I obviously can't vouch for other people, though I'm shocked that it's actually been a year now since I first started toying with this. I want a week off work soon, to enjoy the summer and catch up with things like this, so who knows.
Nice one Bob, good to hear it isn't completely forgotten
Quote from Bob Smith :Bitching and moaning ISN'T going to speed things up. Have patience and you never know, you might be rewarded.

I don't know when I'm going to get around to looking at such things again, and I obviously can't vouch for other people, though I'm shocked that it's actually been a year now since I first started toying with this. I want a week off work soon, to enjoy the summer and catch up with things like this, so who knows.

What exactly is it you're planning on releasing?
Specific details will become available if and when I'm ready to release. Considering I've had a few people help me with various aspects, I don't want to feel like I've wasted their hard work either, so there is some motivation there. Please stop asking me questions as talking about this gets people's hopes up.
hows work going on the Y tweak?
now why would he release a tweak for Y. that just doesnt make sense to e just wait for the tweak for Z. i tried robbies tweak for Y on the patch Z and ive been fooling around with numbers but its difficult to use it. just wait you will get one sooner or later.
Quote from natedog420 :now why would he release a tweak for Y. that just doesnt make sense to e just wait for the tweak for Z. i tried robbies tweak for Y on the patch Z and ive been fooling around with numbers but its difficult to use it. just wait you will get one sooner or later.

I hope its sooner and not later...
This tread is going for about 6 monts now :@ :@ :@
This thread is closed

LFS Tweak for Y
(160 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG