The online racing simulator
Have a look at the presets thread too
Quote from AndroidXP :One bug (sorry if it was already reported): you cannot enter negative values. There goes my rear engine GTi

But good work so far . Bummer that 10000 bhp ruin the tyres soo quickly...

u can... ive set my engine to -15,0..... so i could make wheelies like hell
my friend got the same problem as u, and when u read the manual u will find a link to download visual basic 6. that fixed it for him.
Thanks! Woohoo!
Good job!

If only we could tweak around with aero and the track width this would be perfect
Sweet! Good job Fonnybone!
OH YEAR, IT'S OUT!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, FONNYBONE!

:static: :static: :static: :monkey: :monkey: :static: :static: :static:
Never played with LFS tweak before, now i see what all the fuss is about, thanks Fonnybone, Nice work
Awww, isn't that cute, my devoted nemesis giving me attention
Out of all the posts so far, only one is a demo racer, something must be
wrong. My master plan for world domination is crushed !! On noooooo .....

Thanks for the bug reports guys. Apparently there are issues with
negative values, but some have already found a way to make it work.
I'm a humble person and can admit my shortcomings, i'm an amateur
programmer. I'll do my best to limit these annoyances when i get the
time. No promises except that i'll try. As for the presets not loading,
i'll have to look around for info, seems to work for most so it's more
a compatibility issue than a bug in the program itself.
When I'm home I'll see if a newer version of VB fixes the neg. value issue. Or I'll try the 6,5- variant. It would be nice if you could add some basic exception handling around the convert functions, but tbh I don't even know how that works in VB - I prefer C#
You can insert negative values. Just put the "-" last. Like you wanted to write -0.5. First write 0.5 and then add the "-" to make it -0.5.

With just a minus "-" there it will crash.

Good job still fonny.

+1 to kid's point too...
my video works now http://youtube.com/watch?v=dCO-KdzXv2s

You can control the bike if you invert your steering and place the engine height at 5.0. You can also change the tyres to make them skinny like a bikes tyres. Then you can drive around for awhile on two wheels and look like an expert stunt man :P
Quote from Fonnybone :Awww, isn't that cute, my devoted nemesis giving me attention
Out of all the posts so far, only one is a demo racer, something must be
wrong. My master plan for world domination is crushed !! On noooooo .....

Thanks for the bug reports guys. Apparently there are issues with
negative values, but some have already found a way to make it work.
I'm a humble person and can admit my shortcomings, i'm an amateur
programmer. I'll do my best to limit these annoyances when i get the
time. No promises except that i'll try. As for the presets not loading,
i'll have to look around for info, seems to work for most so it's more
a compatibility issue than a bug in the program itself.

Thanks bud, I am getting the feeling that I am missing runtime files or something like that, however it isnt actually telling me....... That is all I can think of really..

Is there some "mega" runtime package that I can download and never be annoying by missing ocx or dll files again??
Yeah install VisualStudio 6
You mean VisualBasic 6, I suppose?
At least, he's going big with the whole suite.... but you could JUST install VB6 or .NET.

I'm still a Studio 6 guy myself.
As far as the negative value problem, I found you can type the value in notepad then copy and paste into LfsTweak. Kind of a pain but it works.
with the negative values you just need to type the number before the "-" otherwise the program thinks "-" is a string and crashes.
Hi, good work on this beta.

I have a couple of questions (sorry if these are answered elsewhere).

Will the final version allow modification of all the S2 cars?

Will it be possible to access the downforce menu like in the old lfs tweak. I expected to see it after changing the car type to Forumla but it doesn't appear.

Thanks and keep up the good work,

Chirs
Heh, thanks much, I am having a lot of fun with this little program. I noticed a bug, not so much with LFSTweak but with LFS itself, when you make a bigger tyre, it really makes no difference what the tyre pressure is and the tyres are too hard. Like, if you are making a RWD drag car, with like 440-50-15 tyres in the rear, you can drop the pressure all the way down but the tyres will not deflect. I actually found out when you are dealing with huge tyres, if you blow out both of the rears first, you get more contact patch and more grip. :P

Looking forward to having downforce in the next release.

Brendan
#70 - axus
Nice, Fonnybone!

However, I seem to be having a probelm (before you shout, I did read the readme and the solution was not to be found in there) - I get the following error message:

System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770). The specified module could not be found.

Any ideas?
Quote from southamptonfc :Hi, good work on this beta.

I have a couple of questions (sorry if these are answered elsewhere).

Will the final version allow modification of all the S2 cars?

Will it be possible to access the downforce menu like in the old lfs tweak. I expected to see it after changing the car type to Forumla but it doesn't appear.

Thanks and keep up the good work,

Chirs

Ok, let me clear this up. As much as i WOULD like to make this an S2 affair, fact is S1-S2 cars are encrypted therefore only
demo cars are open to modifications. I made a thread about all this a while back where i pointed out many reasons NOT to
mod the demo cars, but again, S1-S2 cars are not open to modifications. I made MecaniK in the meanwhile which manages
to edit S1-S2 cars a bit, although it's a trick. It only edits cartypes, which has many limits making it impossible to do what
LFSTweak does. Because of these limitations and the HotLap issue, i decided to go back to LFSTweak. I know some people
don't agree, but then again, you can never please everyone.

Now about the downforce. Some of those who've used LFSTweak in the past might remember the downforce appearing in
the Garage using certain cartypes. Well, that's a thing of the past. I didn't go digging for it either since, once again, i
wanted to keep a certain distance with S2 cars. I'm not saying it will never happen, but it's not a priority, even less now.
There are a few other things i could have added but contrary to what some like to believe, i'm not out to recreate S1-S2
cars for demo users. LFSTweak will never be able to provide the true feeling of S1-S2 cars. Add to that, LFSTweak doesn't
give you access to the oval or any other tracks.

For those still having problems, i suggest you use the link in the ReadMe and get the VB Runtimes, it seems to have solved
problems for some so far.
Cheers for the project road-map

I am hooked on the 718km/h car with Mechanik, which really needs downforce Are tyre sizes one of the things that will not ever be able to be edited with Mechanik? Should I assume that if it's not in Mechanik now (ie engine pos & tyres) that it is impossible?

Thanks

ps

I am going to post an enhancement request for LFS so that I can go faster than 718!
#73 - axus
Hmmm still doesn't want to work.
I tried this and got error "component 'COMDL32.OCX' or one of it dependancies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

I read all the posts, downloaded and installed visual basic and visual studio and same error. I am at uni at the moment, so it might work at home, but it should work here cause a friend has it working.
This thread is closed

LFSTweakS2 Lite (Old release for LFS v0.5Q)
(474 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG