The online racing simulator
Cool, just saw this. Gonna try it as soon as I get home. But first I must have a nap. Then I'll check this out. I wonder if VB runs on Windows XP x64.
Quote from nathan24_7 :I just downloaded this, but my LFScheck led is green so i have correct version of LFS, but the CARcheck led remains red even though i am using the demo cars.

Has anyone got any sugestions???

Cheers,
Nathan.

Can anyone help me please, really want to try it out
Nope, no sugestions.. It still works here.. but cheat is gay
Quote from nathan24_7 :Can anyone help me please, really want to try it out

download VBruntime v 6.0
try again after installing that.
Quote from Impreza WRX :I have one question: what will G-teK do?

G-TeK is another small project i work on. It uses OutSim data to output
telemetry data. G-TeK has acceleration/brake tests and evenetually i'll
make it output telemetry data to files so it can be used in other programs.
It's still a work in progress, but now that the 'big' part of LFSTweak is
done, i'll be working on it again. I'd like to include it in LFSTweak, but
might also make it a stand-alone app, not really sure yet.

You can get an idea by trying an old version i made.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=47158#post47158
I got an error when i tried to get for example a porsche more heavy in the back. When i write - before a number I just get an error and the tweak shut down.

Two questions:

1) Will it be possible to chance Front / Rear Track in a later version?

2) Is it possible to make drag slick tires with much more grip than the other slick tyres?
(Sry for bad english
Read. The. Thread. :doh:

You have to type "5.0-" instead of "-5.0" (or with , if you use that as decimal point).
just realised this... i really should check here more often!

great piece of work
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :download VBruntime v 6.0
try again after installing that.

Sorry to sound thick but where do I download this from???

Cheers
btw, in the readme of lfstweak is a link to that
Downloaded that but it still says 'searching for car'.

Also just tried my Mecanik but that has also stopped working which is strange.

What else can i try???
@nathan24_7 ,

i had the same problem. Couldn´t find car although i did everything as described. After deleting LFS, downloading it again and "reinstalling" LFS everything went fine for me.

somone should host a server on either demo or s2 and see if this works multiplayer!?!?! ill host if some people want to be guinea pigs!
Quote from SittinSlidewayys :somone should host a server on either demo or s2 and see if this works multiplayer!?!?! ill host if some people want to be guinea pigs!

it works in multiplayer if everyone is using hte same exact settings, even the host.
I think this is great release and all, but I may wait until the program is finalized or a bit more polished.

Because at the moment, creating some cars is kind of wierd. If you technically make a car that is an almost 'match' to a real-life counterpart, the car just won't drive like you think it will. The car drives either too washy, or just cannot steer at all (making your end result worthless and slow -- ie. Can't brake, can't steer, can't get grip). Heck, if I just changed the horsepower or boost a bit on the XRT, and kept it RWD, it feels terrible. Any RWD preset you make would be terrible for that matter. You always end up having to use AWD.

With that in mind, I think something is very strange with this. There is either something missing to make the cars drive the way you think they should... or it is the game that makes it too difficult.

Wish someone could make a guide on how-to make some parts correctly, because one setting can affect another, and another, and it gets all out of whack.
Quote from Tweaker :I think this is great release and all, but I may wait until the program is finalized or a bit more polished.

Because at the moment, creating some cars is kind of wierd. If you technically make a car that is an almost 'match' to a real-life counterpart, the car just won't drive like you think it will. The car drives either too washy, or just cannot steer at all (making your end result worthless and slow -- ie. Can't brake, can't steer, can't get grip). Heck, if I just changed the horsepower or boost a bit on the XRT, and kept it RWD, it feels terrible. Any RWD preset you make would be terrible for that matter. You always end up having to use AWD.

With that in mind, I think something is very strange with this. There is either something missing to make the cars drive the way you think they should... or it is the game that makes it too difficult.

Wish someone could make a guide on how-to make some parts correctly, because one setting can affect another, and another, and it gets all out of whack.

I'd say that it is more likely that all the cars feel as "bad". I am not saying LFS is horrible or that the cars are, I'm more saying that the so many times mentioned slow-speed-bug is one reason for this. I have never liked the normal road tires in LFS because of the slippy washy feeling, soft tires are little better but even the slicks slide sometimes like on ice.

I just tried my Opel speedster (1005 kg, 2.0 Liter Turbo Inline 4, 200.0 bhp) and it really wasn't anything specially fun to drive.

One thing peculiar to LFS is just that having any bigger engine in the car means huge "rear tires locking"-effect any time you lift the throttle.

But this is totally offtopic

If there is possibility to add aero and track and wheelbase values to LFStweak it would make the possibilities so much better. I still like it though, experimenting with it can sometimes make magic things happen
I think a big part of it is down to the suspension type, suspension geometry, and accurate setting. Without these it's hard to find the right balance of the real car and for some combo you get pretty weird result. Also with the funny diff you have even more trouble.

I've made a number of cars and heavier cars tend to behave quite realisticly, however I tried making an ariel atom and it's just all over the place, and it's impossible to drive with the real car's tire size.
Did you try a locked diff on the atom?
In that weightclass unpreloaded clutchpack-diffs are quite pointless...

Vain
i have a problem, i open LFS, fine, open tweat, fine, i apply my changes fine, i then go into the pit, then i click go and the poxy thing closes LFSoh, i'm using the latest version of LFS if that helps in any way
Are you playing online? Any other information you can give us?
Quote from JJ72 :I think a big part of it is down to the suspension type, suspension geometry, and accurate setting. Without these it's hard to find the right balance of the real car and for some combo you get pretty weird result. Also with the funny diff you have even more trouble.

I've made a number of cars and heavier cars tend to behave quite realisticly, however I tried making an ariel atom and it's just all over the place, and it's impossible to drive with the real car's tire size.

I was stuck trying to make an Ultima GTR 640 and couldn't manage to get the weight down low enough, until I realised that negative values work. Suffice to say you get some weird behaviour from cars weighing less that 100KGs (it's possible to make a car with negative weight, but let's ignore that ).

Drop a 100KG car in the garage and it just launches, spinning crazily. Something weird with the springs there, they release more energy than was applied to them.

The Ultima was a nightmare to drive btw, and I couldn't get the torque figure at quite the correct rpm either.
Yeah, LFS has a big trouble with lightweight cars, there is NO grip whatsoever, even with much bigger tires. One thing you can do is if you make a really lightweight car that just flies into outer space, you can add driver/fuel and max the fuel, usually it's enough to keep the car grounded. :P When I was making a car for the drag competition, I was starting with a lightweight car and was getting nowhere. Eventually I used a really heavy car and made some progress. Strange behaviour when you start making things "outside the box" in LFS.

Brendan
Did someone have a "run time error '13', type mismatch" when loading a preset and solve it? I have downloaded vbrun, add a missing ocx file, and that still does not work ... I suck, I know , but I want to play with tuned car too
This thread is closed

LFSTweakS2 Lite (Old release for LFS v0.5Q)
(474 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG