The online racing simulator
GTR Evolution...
(81 posts, started )
GTR Evolution...
Has anyone been following the imminent release of the next GTR sim from Simbin>?

I think the GTR2, in terms of the physics was stunning. I can't wait for the next instalment called GTR Evolution.

I'm a little concerned that it comes as a standalone OR as an addon for RACE07. While I do like RACE07 from a fun aspect, the cars certainly don't feel anything like the GTR2 cars in terms of the amazing physics.

Will have to see how GTR Evolution feels. Any beta testers care to say anything?
Completely the wrong forum for beta testing?
Quote from Primoz :Completely the wrong forum for beta testing?

Its about a new game coming out, the same as iracing is. As that is in this section, makes sense for this to be too, no?
#4 - ajp71
Quote from StableX :Has anyone been following the imminent release of the next GTR sim from Simbin>?

I think the GTR2, in terms of the physics was stunning. I can't wait for the next instalment called GTR Evolution.

I'm a little concerned that it comes as a standalone OR as an addon for RACE07. While I do like RACE07 from a fun aspect, the cars certainly don't feel anything like the GTR2 cars in terms of the amazing physics.

LOL if you think GTR2 had 'stunning physics' you must be easily impressed, RACE was no worse.
Quote from StableX :I think the GTR2, in terms of the physics was stunning.

cut the cherry cakes Andy
i hope this is a troll attempt.
Like one of these?

Quote from Whitmore :Anyone who says anything positive about a sim which isn't LFS is clearly a troll in these forums

true. but again saying that GTR (de)evolution will have,or that GTR had great physics, requires one to be stupid, or in Andy's case, O.D.'ed on cherrycakes.
#9 - ajp71
Quote from Whitmore :I agree, this forum is the last place you should ask for feedback concerning GTR Evo. Anyone who says anything positive about a sim which isn't LFS is clearly a troll in these forums

That is true from some users in some cases but please try and argue that 14 degree peak slip angles (like you'll find in GTR2) aren't out by at least a factor of two.
Man, how many mods are Simbin gonna fool people with?
We tolerate different opinions of course, but saying GTR2 physic is good is not an opinion, is a wrong idea
sorry you don't like GTR2. Just from actually trying these different games I have found that driving GTR2 was as close to driving a fast car around a circuit as I used to do.

All the others are great games but to me, its about what feels closest to getting behind the wheel of a real car on a circuit.
Quote from StableX :sorry you don't like GTR2. Just from actually trying these different games I have found that driving GTR2 was as close to driving a fast car around a circuit as I used to do.

All the others are great games but to me, its about what feels closest to getting behind the wheel of a real car on a circuit.

Physics is completely separate from audio visual authenticity, which one may be able to argue that an arcade game like Toca achieves, physics isn't subjective and GTR makes a lot of unforgivable mistakes.
#15 - mr_x
I love threads like these... 'spot the blinded fanboy' threads is what I like to call them.
Or perhaps "spot the people who are tired of getting burned by ISI."
#17 - mr_x
Or maybe 'spot the people who are bored of LFS and are interested in something else and are posting innocently, not to get flamed'

Quote from ajp71 :Physics is completely separate from audio visual authenticity, which one may be able to argue that an arcade game like Toca achieves, physics isn't subjective and GTR makes a lot of unforgivable mistakes.

I do hear you... but I recently came back from driving a 355 around Donnington. Got on to GTR2 and raced the ferrari and though not the same, there are not that many other games that have given me the feeling that you feel the car like a real one when you put the power down a little too much etc.
Quote from frankwer :Man, how many mods are Simbin gonna fool people with?

it's quite simple and certainly no fooling. GTR2 is as close I have felt to driving a real car with a PC game than any other. Are you fooled by not getting out driving real fast cars around a track to not know the real thing from video games??
Quote from StableX :it's quite simple and certainly no fooling. GTR2 is as close I have felt to driving a real car with a PC game than any other.

iRacing's going to make you cream your pants if you think GTR2 feels in any way real.
Quote from The Moose :iRacing's going to make you cream your pants if you think GTR2 feels in any way real.

Cool... I am going to try it! To me it's a good step if the cars and tracks are superbly well made. As I said in the iracing thread, I quite often send some cash to the track maker in games like rfactor in recognition of all the hard work. So to play iracing where you pay for a track, to me is fine.

I'm not bothered about superb graphics if the game doesn't feel and play right!
Quote from StableX : I'm not bothered about superb graphics if the game doesn't feel and play right!

GTR2 doesn't play right though. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.
Quote from StableX :I do hear you... but I recently came back from driving a 355 around Donnington. Got on to GTR2 and raced the ferrari and though not the same, there are not that many other games that have given me the feeling that you feel the car like a real one when you put the power down a little too much etc.

that 355 must have has some strange tyres on of they were anything like gtr2s
Quote from Shotglass :that 355 must have has some strange tyres on of they were anything like gtr2s

I think you'll find that it doesn't work that way. I think its more that PC games try to feel like the car, not the car try to be like the game!!!

So seeing as you all seem to have such strong views on this, what game to you feels most like driving a real car around a track?
Quote from StableX :
So seeing as you all seem to have such strong views on this, what game to you feels most like driving a real car around a track?

You are asking this on LFSforum. Therefore the answer will be LFS for probably most users around here.

Tbh, I've only tried GTR2 for like 2 mins last summer and was too busy for the rest of the summer. However, I'll be installing it and trying it again now that I have more experience in car control thanks to LFS. I can't determine what feels the most like a real car but having tried Race 07 I think the MAJOR difference between Race 07 and LFS is the fact that in Race 07 I don't really ''feel'' it when the tires are about to let go for some reason. However, in LFS I do and I'm pretty sure that in a real car you do as well. In Race 07 it just randomly snaps and its all visual and you just lose all FFB on the wheel too.

So, that question, you can expect almost everyone here to say LFS but I will simply say that I don't know and I'm still looking for one that is the most realistic or feels the most like driving a real race car.

My brother drives and he says that Race 07 feels more real then LFS. Seeing as he actually does drive I can believe him but from his lack of experience in racing I doupt he's ever pushed a car to it's limits to tell me which cars feel the most realistic on the point of letting go and getting loose.

GTR Evolution...
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG