The online racing simulator
GTR Evolution...
(81 posts, started )
Just tested the E30 at Nordschleife: AMAZING
This is the first playable game that Sinbim releases, the others were all crap, but I must admit I am enjoying this one
can anyone share with me how you're supposed to set up your g25 to actually be able to drive this stupid game?

I keep hoping that over time they'd make their game work with 900 degree rotation...but the steering is just so unrealistically slow its impossible to drive.

What rotation should I be shooting for?
Spanks, try increasing the steering sensitivity to full, I am using 900 Degrees, but only really need that amount of lock at slow speed, coming out of the garages. I barely go beyond 180 Degrees in either direction (total of 360 degrees).

And make sure Speed Sensitivity Compensation or whatever that shite is, is set to 0.
Quote from spanks :can anyone share with me how you're supposed to set up your g25 to actually be able to drive this stupid game?

I keep hoping that over time they'd make their game work with 900 degree rotation...but the steering is just so unrealistically slow its impossible to drive.

What rotation should I be shooting for?

also, you can go into the car setup and bump up the steering lock from the default to something higher.
Been looking at GTR Evo the last few days but didn't notice this thread until a couple of minutes ago.

So on Nitrous' recommendation i've just ordered it Even though it's only got a couple of cars that interest me, the ring looks fantastic.

Only £17.99 from play.com as someone above pointed out, so even if it is a heap of crap at least it's cheap.
Quote from spiderbait90 :Spanks, try increasing the steering sensitivity to full, I am using 900 Degrees, but only really need that amount of lock at slow speed, coming out of the garages. I barely go beyond 180 Degrees in either direction (total of 360 degrees).

And make sure Speed Sensitivity Compensation or whatever that shite is, is set to 0.

No. Leave it at 50 % if you want linear steering, just increase the steering lock... 14° is ridiculous, I find it works best with 20-24°... The cars develop some lovely on-power oversteer with that setting...
thanks for the tips
Wow @ that Nordshliefe movie on Youtube. Are the graphics really that bad? Even GT4 and RFactor's Nordshliefe v2 look better.
No, the graphics aren't that bad. Evolution looks significantly better than rFactor and GT4. Regardless of that, graphics are hardly what makes a game.
Hmmm, there's a heck of a lot to like about this game. Unfortunately, it's let down by pretty average force feedback and the fact you have to fanny on so much with getting the wheel setup in the first place.

I've been at this for 4 hrs straight and i still have no idea which way the front wheels are pointing or what they're doing, and perhaps most importantly, what they're about to do.

I've tried some of the suggestions in this thread and some from RSC (after wading through the crap) And it is getting better, but it's still light years behind LFS. Am i missing something obvious ? is there a 'turn off power steering' button or something ?

It would be a real shame if this level of control and feedback is as immersive as it gets, coz as i said before, there is so much to like about it. But so far it's only telling me what it's going to do after it's done it, and that means it's not as fun as it could be/should be, and it is getting to be just a bit irritating tbh.

Will keep on trying different settings though...
#61 - mr_x
Quote from Whitmore :I use the G25 settings straight out of the box and get much better feedback than in LFS.

Same here. Can't say I have any problems at all 'feeling' the cars, I know what the front wheels are doing all the time.
Quote from mr_x :Same here. Can't say I have any problems at all 'feeling' the cars, I know what the front wheels are doing all the time.

Same here too. And that´s good because FF was the most horrible thing in all Sinbim games, but this one is really nice for me.
Maybe it's a G25 thing ?.

I'm using a TM RGT which admittedly isn't the easiest wheel to setup, but it does feel remote, bit like driving a modern car with overly servo'ed power steering. Will change a few things maybe tonight or the weekend see if i can get this thing sorted.

Gotta say i'm loving that banshee wail of the Radical, and the Istanbul circuit is fantastic, and what about the rain, and the tyre scrub sounds, and the....
Why do people only seem to mention (what the front wheels are doing) obviously you don't care about your ff when the tail kicks out? I'm sure you all do. :P Re-phrase to CAR not a specific end of the car. I

It's a game, teh front wheels are where you are pointing them, you can see visually if you have understeer, or even oversteer for that matter. Force Feedback should have little effect on wether you enjoy the game or not, just a little resistance is ideal, rather than non at all I'll agree, but on the whole?
So how are the road cars, driving- and physics-wise? Is it the same old spin of death? So far what I'm hearing is not that good...
#66 - troy
I actually was surprised of how good the Caterhams feel, you can save most of the sliding and the nordschleife is a pleasure to drive. Multiplayer is a little one sided, i had problems to find some roadracing servers, but overall it was worth the money so far (although i wasn't playing it that much until now)
Quote from troy :I actually was surprised of how good the Caterhams feel, you can save most of the sliding and the nordschleife is a pleasure to drive. Multiplayer is a little one sided, i had problems to find some roadracing servers, but overall it was worth the money so far (although i wasn't playing it that much until now)

Better than the caterham mod for rf?
They have done it after my dispoint,ment in GTR2 and GTL

They finaly made something i DO like I am loving the GT cars on macau
From what i've been reading, a lot of people have been comparing the game as a whole to Rfactor with the real feel mod. But it seems the general consensus of opinion is, it's similar but better than RF. Can't really comment as i've never felt the need to get Rf, but i will say GTR Evo is definitely SimBins best effort to date.

The physics can't really compete with LFS or iRacing, but that's not to say they're bad. The cars never leave you with a WTF moment, but they're not quite as sublime and perhaps don't have those delicate little nuances that give you a warm glow in the pit of your stomach (know what i mean when i say that ?) Maybe i'm not the best at describing this sort of stuff. Perhaps things will improve when i sort out the wheel remoteness problem and get a few decent setups for the cars.

Bottom line is it's only £18 GBP and you get GTR Evo and Race 07 for that, so it's not gonna break the bank is it. And apparently there are a million and one tracks, cars and other mods to be found out there in interweb world, so it'll take a while to get bored with it.

Trick is, to go into it with an open mind and i think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how good it is. But if you expect it to be a competitor for iRacing or even LFS then i think you'll come away slightly disappointed.

I've only tried the Caterhams and the Radicals, not even so much as looked at the other cars tbh, but they are both very rewarding, fun cars to drive. Perhaps the lower powered Radical has a bit to much grip for my liking, but it's nothing a decent setup can't cure And some of the tracks are fantastic. Istanbul is great, Brno looks plain but is really satisfying when you hook it up, and has a few hidden bumps that can easily catch you out, and Brands Hatch is a lot more challenging than i was expecting, and is all the better for it.

Go on buy it, you know you wanna, what you got to lose ?
Quote from Mazz4200 :Go on buy it, you know you wanna, what you got to lose ?

Nah, I just bought gtl to drive the historix cars. I'm not too interested about any mods either. 90% of rf mods are just awful and I'd guess the numbers aren't any better on gtre. Wait and see I guess.

You'll prolly get the gtre for 50% discount anyways in few months, more value for money then I'd say though
Quote from Hyperactive :Nah, I just bought gtl to drive the historix cars. I'm not too interested about any mods either. 90% of rf mods are just awful and I'd guess the numbers aren't any better on gtre. Wait and see I guess.

You'll prolly get the gtre for 50% discount anyways in few months, more value for money then I'd say though

You can put all the GTL cars into Evo, and trust me on this, the tracks look and feel at least 3 trillion times better than those in GTL. Honestly, i took the Radical around Imola and i was struck at how much better the EVO version is, it was almost like driving a different track than the GTL version.

Something else worth mentioning is how well it plays on my very very humble spec PC. I've got a stock e6300, Nvidia 6800 G(somethingorother) 2gig's of DDR 1 400 (thingy ?) (can you tell i'm not a computer bloke ?) And i can run at the highest resolution, with a full grid, at night in the rain without any problems. And the in-game graphics settings are all on medium to high, and it still looks great.

And anyway, how can you baulk at spending a little over 20Euros for 2 full games to keep and cherish forever, after you'd said you'd happily pay $20's a month for iRacing for a full year Tight wad
Quote from Mazz4200 :You can put all the GTL cars into Evo, and trust me on this, the tracks look and feel at least 3 trillion times better than those in GTL. Honestly, i took the Radical around Imola and i was struck at how much better the EVO version is, it was almost like driving a different track than the GTL version.

That's just graphics

Quote from Mazz4200 : Tight wad

I'm off to play some GPL
Quote from Mazz4200 : i can run at the highest resolution, with a full grid, at night in the rain without any problems. And the in-game graphics settings are all on medium to high, and it still looks great.

Just need to correct myself here. I've just had a quick look and, apparently it doesn't have night racing In my defense it does get really overcast and gloomy in the rain and you get that helmet visor cam thing in the Radical too. Or perhaps i should get some proper light bulbs in the room.

Quote from Hyperactive :I'm off to play some GPL

Yeah, i've heard that new rain mod is something else....oh no, that's not right is it

You have no idea what you're missing bud... drivin in da rain iz da'bomb....or something like that
Installing GTR evo as we speak.
Never played simbin game before , can anyone give me a quick 'start up guide' to save messing around with wheel settings etc for days?

GTR Evolution...
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG