The online racing simulator
Mouse Stats!!!!
(18 posts, started )
Mouse Stats!!!!
I know loads of us here like stats, me included, so I thought it would be interesting to see how much I use my mouse in my daily job.

I tracked my usage over 2 normal weeks, using Workrave's tracking features, and this is my daily average......

Mouse Movement 2126.8 Metres
Mouse Clicks 14172 Clicks
Keyboard strokes 14733 Key strokes

Lets see yours
#2 - Jakg
I did this for a while but i gave up. I did a HELL of a lot of clicking though!
Nice!
I don't think my average mouse travel distance is too high due to the fact that the spot where my mouse is at is rougly about the size of a dvd case in width and length, only 2x wider and 1,5x longer than mouse itself.
If we have to track movement over two weeks, in two weeks time everyone would have forgot about it.
No hard and fast rules as too how long you track it for, do it for a day, 2 days, whatever
Well I'll leave it running, but so far it has spent most of its time bitching at me to take breaks, and I am sure that'll continue for 2 weeks, because who limits themselves to 4 hours use a day? Hardly a productive amount of time.

Fun toy though, it is forcing me to set a personal best. One hopes one can take gold for team GB.

And holy crap it is bitching at e to take a break again. >.<
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :And holy crap it is bitching at e to take a break again. >.<

Right click icon, preferences, timers, untick enable timer.
Can't wait to find out, lol. See you all in a week.
By the way, for me that program counts ~4cm mouse movement as one full meter. Not too accurate one would say...
Quote from Crommi :By the way, for me that program counts ~4cm mouse movement as one full meter. Not too accurate one would say...

It is cursor movement as opposed to mouse movement, as you can have silly high sensitivity so you don't have to move the mouse more than 1MM to get across the screen, or virtually turn off sensitivity so you need to move a mile to move a pixel.
Here's my report

11 - 19 June 2008

4207 meters (mouse movement)
32923 mouse clicks
58118 keystrokes

Total: 13h

Thought it was going to be worse than this.
Blimey, you must do some serious pc using
That's not a lot, should have had this on around 2005 winter, could add a digit to every one of these statistics.
I use whatpulse

Ajrose has been a participant since 2008-03-18 (3 months ago), and in that time has typed 245,150 keys, clicked 158,248 times and moved his or her mouse for 16.26 miles. Averaging 0.03 keys and 0.02 clicks per second. This user last sent a pulse to this server on 2008-06-13 03:31:23 and has sent a total of 59 pulses overall. Ajrose lives in United States.
Use Odoplus , is better , very small and have better things ; )
And by the way, if you're using programs like this, make sure to block it's internet access or just don't use them at all if you're using comp for paying bills, shopping or anything else that involves accessing your bank account / inserting credit card details.

Mouse Stats!!!!
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG