The online racing simulator
brake fade
(17 posts, started )
brake fade
thought it would be more realistic if brake fading was implemented. it would certainly make longer races more interesting!
what do you mean by that? something like brake damage or brake overheat?
aww but i love braking for over 100 laps at 145mph in my Fz without problems , but we really should have brake fade. +1?

also does increasing brake strenth also increase brake fade?
#5 - SAxor
If so then when you have a long race like above 12hrs you should be able to change brakes in stop and maybe also have diff types off brakes with diff compounds, i.e f1 must vary from road car.Possibly also setup with brake duct setting. Would be great now Ive just gotta buy the game.
I don't think changing brakes in the pits would work. Never seen 'em changed on a racecar, but here it takes about an hour, to remove the old ones, wedge in the new ones, and then bleed the brakes. Maybe race cars can have them changed quickly though, idk
#7 - bbman
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I don't think changing brakes in the pits would work. Never seen 'em changed on a racecar, but here it takes about an hour, to remove the old ones, wedge in the new ones, and then bleed the brakes. Maybe race cars can have them changed quickly though, idk

Ey? Changing rotor and maybe pads, not the whole system...

It takes professional mechanics about 15-20 minutes each, and it's being done regularly in endurance events...
Ah, I've misunderstood that then
In V8 supercars sersies, I saw mechanics changing brake pads only, the pitstop wasn't longer than1-2 mins afaik
I suppose being able to get the wheels off/on in a couple of seconds does help...

+1 from me then
It is easy to get the wheel off a race car. At the mph show i changed the wheel on a ferrari f1 car and all it is, is a large nut in the middle.
In lemans they just change pads I think but that was all i meant. I spose its going to far to suggest the need to bed them in i.e very little stopping power at first.
Luke, normal cars and even race cars have 4/5/6 nuts. Only F1 cars have 1. That's why it takes over an hour to change 'em on a normal car, even with an air ratchet

[OT] I've just noticed that LFS' wheels don't have any nuts, never noticed that before [/OT]
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Luke, normal cars and even race cars have 4/5/6 nuts. Only F1 cars have 1. That's why it takes over an hour to change 'em on a normal car, even with an air ratchet

Ey again? Most racecars have only one nut, only lower-level cars and clubracers have more...
Ah come on, I can't be wrong two posts in a row

I mean the types of cars in LFS (as they would need to be removed in LFS pit stops). Anything below a GTR is definitely 4/5/6, but I'd presume the GTRs are too?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I mean the types of cars in LFS (as they would need to be removed in LFS pit stops). Anything below a GTR is definitely 4/5/6, but I'd presume the GTRs are too?

Maybe... Depends if they are factory race cars or adapted street legal cars... There are kits to change it from 4/5/6 to one nut though, so it also depends how big a budget the team got for modifications...

All the Single Seaters except the MRT have only one nut too...
Fair enough, thanks for clearing that up

brake fade
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG