The online racing simulator
help with my 240sx!!!!
(59 posts, started )
Quote from DragonCommando :He's not going to need 400HP for a weekend track day car, and everyone already told him that.

And he explicitly said he's not going to have it any other way, except as a 400 bhp track car

Quote from DragonCommando :If you want to put down 400HP then get 215/45 R17 fronts and 275/40 R16 rears
If you want the same diameter rims front and back then go with 275/35 R17

whoah, where did the 215 and 275 come from? just yesterday 205 and 235 were overkill for that! damn, numbers change a lot in the past three days.

Quote from DragonCommando :If you can't get 140hp to the ground with 225 tires, you need to practice your launches.

You try to read, but can't comprehend in english yet, can you?
Let me help you:

140 bhp, easily spins 225 wheels if you're not careful enough, or have an intention of spinning the wheels.

You suggested 235 wheels for a 400 bhp track car yesterday...

I never said I can't keep a 140 bhp car from spinning it's wheels.

Quote from DragonCommando :He curtainly isn't spinning his wheels all the way around the track with 270hp.

like I said - no bhp, tons of torque, and it all comes just before the idle rpm
1) take it to a track day and learn
2) go to 1
3) goto 1
20) get some new brakes
30) change rollbars and springs/dampers
50) increase engine power a bit..

Sounds like you're at -1 and want a 500hp engine. Thats the wrong way round. With better brakes and perhaps a small suspension upgrade, half of that power will still be plenty, and not unimportantly, actually achievable.
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :1) take it to a track day and learn
2) go to 1
3) goto 1
20) get some new brakes
30) change rollbars and springs/dampers
50) increase engine power a bit..

Sounds like you're at -1 and want a 500hp engine. Thats the wrong way round. With better brakes and perhaps a small suspension upgrade, half of that power will still be plenty, and not unimportantly, actually achievable.

exactly! well said. But I would add a good suspension before step 1. then you're set.
Quote from jonny dank :i think this is the right place to post, but anyway i just bought 93 240sx and im looking for around 400+rwhp. ive never owned or done any work on a nissan so im pretty clueless. So im asking, what motor RB, CA18?, turbo size?, piston size? anything will help- thanks

easiest way i can see around getting to 400 hp with a respectable about of tourqe is getting sr20det but there a high rev power kinda engine, ka's are low end power as far i remember ( im a bmw guy , not a nissan )

from there you needto name but a few of the Main parts )

he usual high psi sequential turbo,
decent blow-off valve,
front mounted intercooler,
all engine electrics need to be brought up to speed...
then get stiffer valves,
racing head gasket ,
low/high comp pistons ,
forged rods,
billet crank ,
big-boy headers,
reinforced mounts,
Good ecu ,
boost controller,
decent spark plugs,
then you have to map it + racing fuel then
the usual engine tweaking....

then you get to the harder part of stripping her and trying to keep the weight distribution even., cage it , gauge it , then strat with the drive train: good clutch with carbon friction pads, toughened driveshaft, aswell as atleast a 1.5 LSD ( full possitive lock under accl, semi-lock when not ) then theres the springs, coil overs, brakes wheels , tyres, after all that you need to lighten it more with the plexi-glass windows and the carbon fibre add-ons....

you looking a good 20k after the purchase of the car before you can get anything roadable.... or cheapskate it and do it all for 15k with ebay parts....

Best of luck with your build though... wish i had 6k+ to splash out on a s13/s14
My opinion:
1)See if you can find one rb25det or rb26det.With a bigger turbo and more boost you can reach easily 350-450hp.That's a good option with enough hp and big revs.
2)If you dont want to buy rb engine find one sr20det and drop the ka24.Ka24 was used in silvias in USA instead of the sr20de and sr20det.I have seen sr20det here in greece even in toyota corolla ke70 and rb26det in silvia s13 200sx.So it a good opt with bigger turbo you reach easily 350hp and also get the transmission with the engine.if you want more hp get a stroker kit which will give you more cc, new pistons etc.

So now it's your decision.Both engines fit in your car without much work.
Quote from ProDemoDrifter :My opinion:
1)See if you can find one rb25det or rb26det.With a bigger turbo and more boost you can reach easily 350-450hp.That's a good option with enough hp and big revs.
2)If you dont want to buy rb engine find one sr20det and drop the ka24.Ka24 was used in silvias in USA instead of the sr20de and sr20det.I have seen sr20det here in greece even in toyota corolla ke70 and rb26det in silvia s13 200sx.So it a good opt with bigger turbo you reach easily 350hp and also get the transmission with the engine.if you want more hp get a stroker kit which will give you more cc, new pistons etc.

So now it's your decision.Both engines fit in your car without much work.

1) A SR20DET can be modified to 400whp (450-480bhp) without too much problem so why would you waste money and time on swapping a capricious engine that will require more attention than the SR20DET??

2) KA24DE isn't cheaper that a SR20DET. It's N/A so if you want to make it turbo (KA24DET) it will be more expensive and heavier than a SR20DET. Yes, it develops more torque a bit more horsepower, but it's not the most popular swap neighter so the parts will be harder to find than for a SR20DET.

Why do you guys try and make him get an expensive swap when he can get a cheapo SR20DET that will make him happier than anything else? SR20 is the way!

From the knowledge Jonny Dank seems to have, I would keep the car stock rather than even attempt to open the hood - it could be dangerous.
[quote=jayhawk;811652]Well that is wonderful information and all, but there is no such thing as a SR20DET sold in North America.

if u look at this website u can find a SR20DET ---sg-motorsport.com if u call the number ask for a guy named sasha and he should give u all the information needed but i'm a subaru guy
Quote from theirishnoob :
he usual high psi sequential turbo,
decent blow-off valve,
front mounted intercooler,
all engine electrics need to be brought up to speed...
then get stiffer valves,
racing head gasket ,
low/high comp pistons ,
forged rods,
billet crank ,
big-boy headers,
reinforced mounts,
Good ecu ,
boost controller,
decent spark plugs,
then you have to map it + racing fuel then

[cough]Fuelpump, and injectors[/cough]
my frist question is do u have about 15k to 35k to spend???

if not dont try get that power figer at all

if u want the most reliable way of geting 400rwhp
i susjest a RB30/26 its what im building slowly
should make 400 rwKW's at alot less psi then any SR20 or CA18

help with my 240sx!!!!
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG