The online racing simulator
beauty and nice, amazing, good job
Ha! Funny thing is that I have found the exact same cockpit for my system. Thrown out near the trash can by someone who brought a leftie from the UK (it's a British version).

I didn't go as far as taking it all, just left the dials section and one dash vent (the single one is on the right in my case), where the G25 shifter will go, eventually.

Looks great - now you just need to put some proper LFS gauges where they belong - it would only make sense, having gone this far

Myself I'd like to put a LED bar tach and a gear indicator there.
lol like the xbox and ps3 and yh it is symbolic with the ps3 on top lol
Bloody awesome!
Ahh, that's really cool.
Couple new pics:

That does look seriously good. Very nice job so far.

Minor idea, but how`s about installing a couple of car sized mirrors (or some actual car mirrors with a bit of modification) to hide the spare wood sticking out the side of the monitors? Nothing really practical, but it`d add to the overall look of it.
Quote from unseen :That does look seriously good. Very nice job so far.

Minor idea, but how`s about installing a couple of car sized mirrors (or some actual car mirrors with a bit of modification) to hide the spare wood sticking out the side of the monitors? Nothing really practical, but it`d add to the overall look of it.

The whole thing is still a work in progress, but I will be modifying the whole monitor wall mount assembly and painting it black to match.. that will probably be next week's project... in a few months if all things go well I will be upgrading all 3 monitors to somewhere between 32 and 42 inchs 1080p.. just debating about which tvs to get.

Regarding the mirrors.. the only way i'd put mirrors on the sim is if I had quad projectors running on 4 screens in a perfect square around me... then I could actually use the rear views in game

Until a game other than Forza 2 supports it properly, I won't be wasting my time with that idea.
#37 - Dac
cant wait to see the finished product!

i couldnt help but notice the pedals look too offset to the right of the steering wheel?

edit: i also think the screens should be lower. if you imagine where the road would be in respect to the dashboard i think it would be alot lower.
Quote from unseen :That does look seriously good. Very nice job so far.

Look at where the speakers are located, they actually look like mirors !
Quote from Dac :i couldnt help but notice the pedals look too offset to the right of the steering wheel?

I noticed that also...Maby he does everything with his right foot...that would be kinda hard but amazing...
wow that some nice stuff over there! i hope you dont have to move to other house!
Great stuff!

Sorry but I can't hold myself - I HAVE THE SAME LAMP AS YOU IN MY ROOM! lol.
Quote from Dac :cant wait to see the finished product!

i couldnt help but notice the pedals look too offset to the right of the steering wheel?

edit: i also think the screens should be lower. if you imagine where the road would be in respect to the dashboard i think it would be alot lower.

I own a 2001 Volkswagen GTI, I took all measurements like pedal placement, height and location compared to the seat, wheel and shifter all from my car... it's the actual dash from my car too it's exactly like my real car.

As for the monitors, games like LFS allow you to move the camera angle to compensate for it.. its the exact same as my real car.. the line of vision starts at the end of the dash When I adjust my camera angle in LFS I adjust it in a way that the camera angle is perfect.. Once I get my new bigger monitors, they will be a little further away and a little lower.

edit: now I see what you mean about the pedals in the picture.. it's the angle of the camera, it's a little off center, they're not quite that far off.
Quote from Riders Motion :Look at where the speakers are located, they actually look like mirors !

good eye my rear view camera speakers
when you die, can you please give me the cockpit

i dont know how much money you spend on that but it must be A LOT!
My racing sim: Installed: Real car dash (Prolly less than 100$) + Triple screen (600$??) + Leather seat (around 100$ i guess ) G25 (250$) + Z5500 9=(200$?) + PC (1500$+) + PS3 (300$), Xbox 360 (250$), Car phone (1$), Cupholders (0$) = I'd say more than 3500$ in there!
Simply amazing. Your setup looks just great! I'd love to have one as well... I might start some time in the future when I move. Good job though, continue the good work.

PS: I lol'ed at the stealth center speaker behind the wheel.
Quote from Riders Motion :My racing sim: Installed: Real car dash (Prolly less than 100$) + Triple screen (600$??) + Leather seat (around 100$ i guess ) G25 (250$) + Z5500 9=(200$?) + PC (1500$+) + PS3 (300$), Xbox 360 (250$), Car phone (1$), Cupholders (0$) = I'd say more than 3500$ in there!

A lot more than that. 4 x xbox 360's for quad screen Forza 2... 2 x 150GB WD Raptors in Raid 0... GTX280.. the paint alone has cost over $100.. interior carpet, buttons, cables.. the list goes on and on... So much time has gone into it that the time is a lot more valuable than the money spent...

I tore down the first two, this is my third cockpit and i'm about to move onto the fourth.. i'm just debating if I'll tear this one apart and re-use stuff like the G25 and the Dash, or if i'll keep this one so friends can use it when they come over, the next one will be the bad ass one... but that will be another thread all together The garage is almost clean and the welding gear will be ready soon then it's time to get serious
Quote from e2mustang :wow that some nice stuff over there! i hope you dont have to move to other house!

See, I actually can't wait to move, because right my gaming gear is stuck in the corner of the room.. the next house i'm going to make sure i have enough room for a full gaming room 500 square feet of gaming madness..

Thats next years project though
You want a bus cockpit ?
Looks incredible!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG